• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Tall Suppressor Sights

salmonaxe

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 25, 2007
Lynnwood, WA
I've been trying to figure out where to get tall sights that will clear a suppressor for a couple of platforms. Tritium would be preferred. Or at least tritium front.

-Novak Cut 1911
-Glock 17

With my Osprey's I'm able to somewhat use my sights, but they still are totally obscured by the suppressor. The suppressor is just low enough to not completely obscure the target. Still better sights would make a huge difference.

Re: Tall Suppressor Sights

I got Ameri-Glo Tritium suppressor sights for my G34. Overall I'm pretty pleased but I would have preferred the little glow bead things were just a pinch larger.

I found the ones I wanted at YHM Here and then just started scouring the internet for the right model number. I think I ended up getting mine for about $80 shipped.

Hey that's not too bad on price. Too bad they don't have some grooves cut in them for better contrast.

1911 novak cut sights???

Nighthawk puts tritium Heinie Straight-8 Suppressor sights on their AAC 1911. I've shot this pistol with a 45 Osprey and it was a pleasure.

There is an article on that gun with an Osprey in the April 2011 "Special Weapons for Military and Police". Check it out as it is a very good write up.

I know Dawson makes some tall sights for suppressor use. I've shot them on an XD-45 with an Osprey.

I'm guessing you mean on a rifle? It really is a non issue on a rifle with a scope. My question is regarding pistol's iron sights.

With scope rings lower is pretty much always better. Just FYI, I've run badger standard height rings, which are some of the lowest rings out there on 30mm tubed scopes with 50mm objectives, using a 4" sunshade and butler creek flip ups on some fairly heavy contour barrel 700's with 20moa base. I still had just enough clearance. Most people over estimate and end up getting too tall of rings.

no reason to use sights unless you are trying for groups. My osprey makes me way more accurate at 25 and 50yds for an ISPC sized target.

No reason to use sights? That's just plain weird crazy talk.

Just FYI, I was shooting a 6" steel target at very least 25yds. In order to hit it, I had to completely obscure the target and hold slightly over for both pistols. Tall enough sights would have allowed me to bisect the target.

Just know that the standard GLOCK rear site tool will not work with truely tall can sets. They require either no tool (beating them out and in) or getting the MCW for it. I wrote a piece a while back here on mounting them up on the GLOCK. I too used the Ameri-Glo rears and they, along with the front set do an excellent job of getting your site picture back.

300WSM does what many of us do with hosts that cannot mount high sites, we sight through the can, kind of like a massive guttersnipe (http://guns.wikia.com/wiki/Guttersnipe_Sights) minus the yellow sides. It works and can be very effective with practice.

IMG_0248.jpg