• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Talos on a 300mag?

SquarePizza

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2012
NY
Anyone tried a talos on a heavy recoiling rifle? I see a few old thread asking but everyone has them on low impact rifles.

Long story: I have a Sporter 300mag. Used to have a Leupold vx III on it but it got ripped off for the wife's hunting rifle. I tossed a Burris fullfield 2-7 on it but it's a dang tight fit and I would be happier with modern target style turrets.

My primary rifle has a pst gen1 2-10x32 and I love it. Should have bought a second when I was single. It's small and most of my shots are in the last seconds of light so it's worked great.

Another option I have considered is a used razor 2-10 LH, but the reticle is kinda funky and no illumination. Plus my wife is pregnant with our first child so I'm feeling super cheap. Hence the considering a talos which Amazon has the illuminated version for $127 right now.

I had one on a 30-06 for a bit, it broke. Athlon made it right and warrantied it, but I didn't try again and sent it down the road.

Why don't you buy a scope that you can give to your first child in 12 years instead of some piece of shit that's going to break before he or she learns to say "Chinese Garbage"...........Then you can tell them "I bought this scope when you were still in your mamas belly"
Just Saying........:)

I have a Burris E1 with LRMOA reticle with capped turrets on a 7mag. I don't like turning turrets on a hunting rifle.
Plenty of subtensions for hold overs in that reticle for distance shooting.

I have a Burris E1 with LRMOA reticle with capped turrets on a 7mag. I don't like turning turrets on a hunting rifle.
Plenty of subtensions for hold overs in that reticle for distance shooting.

This....

The Fullfield E1 is a really nice scope at that price point. Far more durable than the Talos. Very useable reticle for holds, or pull off the caps and set the turrets to zero and dial if necessary.