• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tangent owners

Wildfire1550

Private
Minuteman
Aug 27, 2012
Arizona
I have an ATx with 308, 6.5 and 6cm topped with a TT 5-25.
Those of you running TTs or any other tool less zero scopes on multi caliber rifles do you find it easier to reset the zero for different calibers or just record the offsets

Honestly I just re zero my TT every time. It’s always really close when I swap barrels but that’s the only way to really be sure it’s on. Can usually do it in 3 shots or so.

I have an ATx with 308, 6.5 and 6cm topped with a TT 5-25.
Those of you running TTs or any other tool less zero scopes on multi caliber rifles do you find it easier to reset the zero for different calibers or just record the offsets
If the offsets are close then just record them, I basically never zero windage so set that too what it needs to be and lock it or cap it and leave it alone.

If the elevation is with half a mil then its easy to just use offsets and doesn't make much difference, more than that it's nicer to re-zero.

Not exactly what you are doing but same basic idea;
-Using two different brands of ammo in my 22lr one hits .2mil higher than the other so have just put that into my ballistic calculator.
-Swapping scopes from my 22lr to my 17hmr gives a 2.1mil difference in elevation, for small game hunting i just leave it set -2.1mil elevation as I don't need to dial when shooting 17hmr, but if I did find myself dialing more often I'd be recording the offset and re-zero it.

Depends what the rifle is used for. For steel, if the offset is minimal, I'd just include the offset in your solver.
If I was shooting for score or dots in a target comp, I'd prolly reset the dials.

I’ve run theta before.

I just always take a few min and zero the rifle. Though I’m not changing out a barrel the same day usually.

If you’re plinking steel and want to shoot multiple barrels in a single range trip, I’d probably write the offsets down and then just adjust on the fly shooting at distance