• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Tangent Theta 7-35

Danrobberg

Lance Criminal
Supporter
Minuteman
May 31, 2017
I’ve seen teasers for this but not much info on it. Does anyone have know any of the specs or new features or possible release date?

Reactions: LakuNoc
Yes, but they would rather it remain quiet for now.

It's going to be a great addition to their line up, based on what I know.
Have they hinted or said on when they plan on officially adding it to the line-up or when pre-orders are going to happen with vendors?

Ooooooo, this should be good. Looking forward to the release.

For those who didn't hear it, the Euro Optic podcast mentioned that the components for it are finished and TT would have a prototype at SHOT 2023. Any or all of that is obviously subject to change.

Reactions: SniperBro
Surprised it's not going to be 8.5-41 just to "one up" ZCO lol.

But really. I mean, this is easily going to be $6,000, right?

If that's close, I won't be able to see the $2k justification over the 8-40 ZCO, or even $3k over a 7-35 ATACR.

Last edited:
Reactions: BCX and Islas82

If that's close, I won't be able to see the $2k justification over the 8-40 ZCO, or even $3k over a 7-35 ATACR.
Agreed, I own a TT5-25 in fact it’s the only scope I own now since I downsized and even tho I think it’s amazing I think that for a lower price tag you get the same optical quality in a ZCO 527. No experience with NF so I can speak on that.

Agreed, I own a TT5-25 in fact it’s the only scope I own now since I downsized and even tho I think it’s amazing I think that for a lower price tag you get the same optical quality in a ZCO 527. No experience with NF so I can speak on that.
Agree. To my eyes, the TT and ZCO are indistinguishable. I like my ZCOs a lot. The only reason, for me, to buy a TT is the toolless zero. Ahem... @gebhardt02 @[email protected] 😉😉😉😉😬

Last edited:
Reticle thickness, tool less zero, parallax and turret design/feel is what made me keep my TT over ZCO. Also the fact that ZCOs are easier to sell on the PX.
The ZCO parallax is one of the most forgiving that I've seen. So that wouldn't be a factor for me. However, the turrets aren't up for debate. TT is king in that department. That's probably the one and only reason I'd consider it over the others. But I just think as an overall package/value, it's hard to justify a TT anymore. Which is why I sold both of mine.

the current lineup is already 6000 for TTs for coyote brown and horus reticles

I think TT has already priced themselves out of the market. They are not 1500$ better than a ZCO and I’m sure the newer one won’t be any cheaper. Will be interesting to see how much juice is left to be squeezed out of the scope design. How much better can they get optically?

Last edited:
I think TT has already priced themselves out of the market. They are not 1500$ better than a ZCO and I’m sure the newer one won’t be any cheaper. Will be interesting to see how much juice is left to be squeezed out of the scope design. How much better can they get optically?
How has TT priced themselves out of the market?

Not necessarily out of the market, but you don't gain much for $1500+ more. 🤷🏾‍♂️
I prefer their reticle selection, parallax and toolless turrets. Thats a lot for 1500. Not to mention you don’t necessarily have to pay sticker on TTs whereas you cant get a single penny off ZCOs no matter what big sale is going on.

I prefer their reticle selection, parallax and toolless turrets. Thats a lot for 1500. Not to mention you don’t necessarily have to pay sticker on TTs whereas you cant get a single penny off ZCOs no matter what big sale is going on.
I never base any scope on reticles since that is very personal.

Parallax on ZCO goes down to 25, can't do that with TT unless you dial the power really down. Rimfire, this is important.

Toolless zero I agree with you.

Reactions: SniperBro
I’m not bagging on TT, I own one and am really happy with it. Tool less zero is great and I doubt anyone would disagree it’s a quality scope - I am just questioning if it’s worth the entry premium over ZCO. I havent seen a cert for a TT at a match but I have seen ZCO put certs on the prize table so kudos to them for that.

I never base any scope on reticles since that is very personal.

Parallax on ZCO goes down to 25, can't do that with TT unless you dial the power really down. Rimfire, this is important.

Toolless zero I agree with you.
Parallax is 15 yards or less on the ZCO 8-40. So even better than you have them credit for regarding rimfire lol.

$13,500 probably.

FF6B9929-51F8-4EE3-99B5-C2376CA6CF9F.gif

Hard to say someone priced themselves out of a market they essentially created (maybe Hensoldt before 2014), for years shooters have been paying TT prices, yes, they've gone up past couple years but so have many manufacturers pricing, but none more so than Schmidt, now there is a conversation about pricing theirselves out of the market.

I imagine a TT735P would be slightly more than TT525P but honestly don't think it will be considerably more. Would assume they will adjust the parallax to focus/parallax-correct closer in, like 15 yards or so, but definitely think it won't be more than 25. Just to stay competitive with the other players in this mag range - NF 7-35, ZCO 8-40 and Schmidt 6-36 mostly.

Hard to say someone priced themselves out of a market they essentially created (maybe Hensoldt before 2014), for years shooters have been paying TT prices, yes, they've gone up past couple years but so have many manufacturers pricing, but none more so than Schmidt, now there is a conversation about pricing theirselves out of the market.

S&B used to be one of the top players in the market, then once they decided to jack prices to the stratosphere and have only one seller in the USA as their sole source, pretty much the market for new S&B scopes cratered and I'm thinking the knock on effect of that is driving down the used prices as few folks consider S&B in the new buying process which means less folks looking for a deal on what they needed to be a bit cheaper than new on.

I'm pretty sure ZCO is thanking their lucky stars that S&B pretty much own goaled their way out of the USA market,
TT has a good following but I'll bet it's ZCO that has been mopping up the sales that didn't go to S&B.

S&B used to be one of the top players in the market, then once they decided to jack prices to the stratosphere and have only one seller in the USA as their sole source, pretty much the market for new S&B scopes cratered and I'm thinking the knock on effect of that is driving down the used prices as few folks consider S&B in the new buying process which means less folks looking for a deal on what they needed to be a bit cheaper than new on.

I'm pretty sure ZCO is thanking their lucky stars that S&B pretty much own goaled their way out of the USA market,
TT has a good following but I'll bet it's ZCO that has been mopping up the sales that didn't go to S&B.
I think there is allot of truth here... I own a handful pf PM2s and I really like them, but I also own a ZCO and a TT now. They were covid buys that I grabbed while sitting on the couch essentially. They have yet to be put on a rifle sadly.

I think there is allot of truth here... I own a handful pf PM2s and I really like them, but I also own a ZCO and a TT now. They were covid buys that I grabbed while sitting on the couch essentially. They have yet to be put on a rifle sadly.

Pmiis or the zco/TT are sitting?

Pmiis or the zco/TT are sitting?
Zco/TT

I am waiting on a new build to get finished for the ZCO to go on and the TT is either going on my GT/BRA or my 308. But likely my GT/BRA... I plan to move its LH modded PM2 to a LH Norma improved build if I sell my RH one.

My constant question is: outfit all with TT or have a traveling single TT. What’s the point of highly repeatable RTZ mounts and pic scope bases if we’re just more or less semi-permanently mating the optic to the host?

My constant question is: outfit all with TT or have a traveling single TT. What’s the point of highly repeatable RTZ mounts and pic scope bases if we’re just more or less semi-permanently mating the optic to the host?
There's a few folks that I know that do single TT for all their guns... I think it's actually a good idea.

I think that is a budget question. Ideally each rifle would get a dedicated optic. I don’t want to move optics around. I want to pick up a rifle and go, and know there is no deviation in zero from the last time I used it.

Reactions: Bigrederic