• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Tangent Theta Gen 2XR question 3-15x Vs. 5-25x

dms416

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2014
Central IL
I have read that the Gen 2 XR in the 3-15x has different reticle dimensions than the 5-25x.

If anyone knows the changes/differences (if this is true) I would like to know.
Otherwise, what I would like to know is that if I generally run between 10-15x in the 3-15x and am considering a 5-25x in the same Gen 2 XR reticle, is it going to be the same reticle thickness at that 10-15x that I'm used or is that range going to be thinner in the 5-25x. Love the 3-15x but sometimes wish I could bump up a few power to 18-20x some times.

Any Theta fans know?
@koshkin

Last edited:
I reached out to my contact at Tangent and he replied:

"A GEN 2 XR reticle has the same dimensions on the reticle for the user regardless of what scope its put in, see attached reticle card if they wanted to reference that. Technically the only difference is that the tube dimensions are different so the actual size of the reticle glass when the scope is built has a smaller circumference as it’s a 30mm tube compared to a 34mm tube but that would be it. "

Attachments

• G2XR Reticle Card.pdf
    67.9 KB · Views: 51
Reactions: jonthomps
I reached out to my contact at Tangent and he replied:

"A GEN 2 XR reticle has the same dimensions on the reticle for the user regardless of what scope its put in, see attached reticle card if they wanted to reference that. Technically the only difference is that the tube dimensions are different so the actual size of the reticle glass when the scope is built has a smaller circumference as it’s a 30mm tube compared to a 34mm tube but that would be it. "

Thanks Doug, I thought that was the case but I swore I saw this referenced in some threads when I was digging to hear opinions on the XR reticle in a 3-15x. At the time it would have been for the "M" 30mm tube but have a "P" 34mm instead.

Reactions: gr8fuldoug
Love my TT 315M with Gen11xr reticle it is a great scope.