• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tangent Theta... Locking Turrets??

NoLegs24

Wheels
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Aug 15, 2013
    San Diego, CA
    Confirmed that they're adding the "Auto Isolation Feature" seen on the TT315 LRH, to the TT525P (should be the same for TT315P).

Also, retrofits are going to be possible, cost is TBD...

2CD5EF2B-F35F-44D8-B03E-C7BBBF89F3D3.jpeg

Last edited:
    On the P series? Wish they would have made the numbers bigger, but great news for lock fans :)

The only 2 grips I really have on the M is the turret only goes .1 Mil under your zero set and the Gen 2 reticle is on the thin side but thats nit picking.
    Looks like the H goes the standard .5 under and has the new thicker reticle. I really don't care about the locking turrets as my M have never spun when I didn't want them too.

In my opinion the M is the best FFP hunting scope offered to date.

Reactions: Glassaholic
    Yup, it's basically locking turrets...
    Locking turrets are one of those "meh" things for me, kinda nice but not really necessary if the turrets are done right (and Tangents ARE done right!). That being said, is Tangent able to swap out your existing turrets should you own a P/M series scope without locking turrets?

Reactions: LastShot300
    Locking turrets are one of those "meh" things for me, kinda nice but not really necessary if the turrets are done right (and Tangents ARE done right!). That being said, is Tangent able to swap out your existing turrets should you own a P/M series scope without locking turrets?
    They won’t even switch reticles for you, I’d be genuinely shocked if they offered a turret exchange.

Yeah, Schmidt is one of the very very few companies that would do such swaps on turrets/ reticles.

Would bee better off to just sell your optic, and buy one with these turrets if you want to switch.

I have a good idea what style turrets these are, but I prefer to have them or EuroOptic expain what they are and how they work. In case I botch it up. But its basically locking turrets.

Is it similar to the turrets they have on their hunter model where the turrets spin loosely until you pull them up and then the turrets engage?

Yup those are the ones! Looks neat

@Meety Peety coming in clutch.

Though I’ve been using TT for well over 5yrs and have yet to “slip” the turrets on either of my TT’s.
    Guessing the the Comp/ Hunting crowd was asking for this.
    Solid feature for those that want it, nonetheless.
    Same. I've drug a TT315p though the thickest brush and woods all hunting seasons. Slung and also strapped to my pack. Never had the turret move even .1. The 315m isn't going anywhere either. Those are super positive clicks and aren't rolling on there own. Seems like a solution here to a problem that never existed. But cool to have options. I'm sure it's well executed like everything else on those TT optics.

Reactions: BCX
    I can’t wait till they release the price to upgrade turrets. I’ve spun the turrets on mine a few times.
    This makes Friday that much better knowing they added this.

Ordered one. Should be here about a week or so. Hope it works.

Anybidy know if you can have aif turrets with an older mtc tangent?