• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Tangent Theta new reticles

The Gen3xr is awesome. One of my favorite reticle of all time.

Some dislike the thickness of the center floating dot. I like it a lot. Very quick to acquire and it’s as small as it needs to practically be.

The tree is not very cumbersome.

As for the H59, as I’ve said before, if the scope I want has a tree reticle other than the H59, I prefer it over the H59.

Some love it. I accept it for what it is in very specific environments.

I have never been a Horus ret fan either but it allows for a lot of hold over. Looking scope to go on 300 NM beyond 2000.

That’s a nice looking reticle.
Simple and functional.
Kudos to TT!

Horus H59 and tremor reticles are far too busy for my needs.

I have never been a Horus ret fan either but it allows for a lot of hold over. Looking scope to go on 300 NM beyond 2000.

My buddy has a scope with a H37 reticle.
It’s certainly functional.
I’d like it better if it didn’t get so wide and thinner lines, even then I’d rather have other reticles first.

Right @hic28 ? Lol #potstirring

Anybody had any experience the 3XR and h 59 rets?
I just recently got a TT w/H59
I already have a S&B 3-27 w/H59
The reticle has grown on me, I’ve been shooting with it over 4yrs, I know it well. My biggest complaint is the lack of usable illumination. I really like the small center dot, I couldn’t handle the stop sign sized center dot of the 3XR. My other favorite reticle is MPCT2.

Not a fan of H59. I honestly havnt tried it in the Tangent Theta but have used it in a MK5 and XTRII and was not a fan at all. The H59 concept intrigues me and I wanted to like it but the execution of it to me was poor. I think the the primary reticle thickness is to thick and hashes are to tall. Below the main horizontal is good, but I wish they had made the main like that.

I have not gotten the opportunity to look through the Gen3xr, so I have been actively trying to get one to test out. Things I am worried about are the size of the center dot and choice to do staggered height subtensions on the horizontal from 0.2-0.8 and have the full mil a dot.

I have used the Gen2xr extensively and really like it, but want to try the Gen3xr. If the Gen2xr had 0.2 subtension on the primary horizontal I think it would be perfect. The limited tree is awesome and unobtrusive. For no dial stages, I usually hold over for the first target hold straight up for the second. Then I have 2 mils below to hold for the following targets with good wind holds on the tree. So you have 3 mils of usable good wind holds. This is more than sufficient.

The lack of 0.2mil subtensions in the horizontal has left me thinking differently about wind holds and I actually think it is quicker than having the precision of 0.2mil holds. Previously I have used the MR4/SKMR3/EBR-7B and having to count out the subtensions takes some time. With the Gen2xr you bracket targets or hold slightly off the edges with the 0.5Mil hash and 1mil dot. The precision isn’t there like other reticles but it is plenty accurate for our uses. Another benefit I have found is the thickness. Tangent Theta’s Gen2XR is 0.025. The cross hairs are thick enough to pick up quickly but unobtrusive. The reticle IMHO is size perfectly in the x15-17 range and is extremely useable.

Gen3XR is awesome. The dots instead of lines make it appear way less busy that the Horus stuff. Same functionality and less distracting and blocking which allows me to spot shots better. Of the XT type reticles it's up there as one of the best in my opinion. I wasn't a huge fan of the lines with the SKMR3 and thought the hashes were too small to be used at lower powers.

I liked everything about the gen3xr except the center aiming dot. On paper it doesn't seem like it's all that big but once behind the scope it looks huge.

I liked everything about the gen3xr except the center aiming dot. On paper it doesn't seem like it's all that big but once behind the scope it looks huge.

Honestly, I felt the exact opposite. The dot is the perfect size and makes you focus on it, vs the smaller dots out there it that feel like more of an open center.

The lack of 0.2mil subtensions in the horizontal has left me thinking differently about wind holds and I actually think it is quicker than having the precision of 0.2mil holds. Previously I have used the MR4/SKMR3/EBR-7B and having to count out the subtensions takes some time.

This is where i think NF's incorporation of opposing hashes in 2/10th intervals for the Mil-C or Mil-XT is ingenious. Like you counting slows me down i've had to do it in the MR4, SKMR3, and H59. SKMR3 less so than the other two but now have an ATACR 5-25 and ZP5 with the MR4 reticle. The aided visual cue without having a numerical indicator taking of sight picture just works with me for the Mil-C. But if i could have it i'd like the Mil-XT to be more clean on the tree. Too much clutter otherwise.

I have a strong preference for tree reticles like the EBR-2C, Gen 3XR, MR4, etc. However, I strongly dislike Horus reticles. I've spent a lot of time with them and do not like them. That basically immediately takes Nightforce, Leupold and S&B out of the list of scopes I am willing to pay money for. That is not a reflection of the quality of these scopes, but the only tree reticles they offer are from Horus and that is a no go for me. That cuts the field in half, right there.

I have a strong preference for tree reticles like the EBR-2C, Gen 3XR, MR4, etc. However, I strongly dislike Horus reticles. I've spent a lot of time with them and do not like them. That basically immediately takes Nightforce, Leupold and S&B out of the list of scopes I am willing to pay money for. That is not a reflection of the quality of these scopes, but the only tree reticles they offer are from Horus and that is a no go for me. That cuts the field in half, right there.
Night force has the XtR, not Horus.
SB has a new tree Rey that is not Horus.
Leupold, no one cares anyway.

I own a gen3xr now and it’s growing on me.

I was the opposite, on paper .075 is huge comparatively speaking. But in person it’s not so bad.

So far, the only time I don’t like it is when on something like a 2” square on kyl rack at 400yds. The dot covers about 1” in width.

That’s still plenty, it’s just more of an optical illusion to my eye and that’s probably less than 5% of the shots you’ll over take at a match.

Reactions: MysizeisMAGNUM