• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Tangent Theta scope broke part 2 update

M5NSX

Private
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
On October 10th I posted about a piece of an internal ring coming loose inside my TT525P. Armament Corporation immediately sent me call tags to return the scope to Canada. Upon receiving the scope they said they would have to disassemble the scope to fix it so they would make me a new Gen3XR with my scope body and SN. Apparently they had too many problems with this approach and sent me a brand TT525P Gen3 XR which arrived today. No need to worry about Armament Corporations customer service for those who are looking to buy a TT. I would appreciate it if all the back and forth shit of my scope is better than yours etc....will not continue here. Thank you gentlemen.
706D7E51-B590-4604-AF5F-EE16FD5D5A40.jpeg
F445C4E3-28AA-493D-908E-2D85B199C570.jpeg

Good to hear and that it shows TT is a very stand up company. I had a similar experience with S&B. It's nice to see the top tier guys are will to back what they sell.

Glad to hear that! also been wondering how there customer service would stack up mailing it back to Canada. How long was the turn around and did you have to do a customs declaration? Sometimes it adds a longer wait.

Congratulations to you and TT as well. That's some pretty damned good C/S right there ! (y) (y) (y)

It worked out very well for me as I bought my TT525P Gen2 XR used on this site for a very good price and now have a new Gen3 XR. ?

Glad to hear that! also been wondering how there customer service would stack up mailing it back to Canada. How long was the turn around and did you have to do a customs declaration? Sometimes it adds a longer wait.

They send the shipping label and customs sheets. Very easy. Took about a week to get there. If they would have immediately sent me a new scope I’m sure the turn around would be 3-5 days. I was patient with their approach as I knew I would end up with a new scope one way or another!!

Reactions: Tunnuh
Speaking of customer service. I got a call from TT about two weeks ago. They said they had a scope that one of the quality control checkmarks hadn't been checked or something. Wanted me to read them the serial number to see if I owned it. It turns out that it wasn't mine but I've never had a company call me before their product took a shit wanting it back.

I think a lot of companies are stepping up their CS game, with the internet and social media, word gets out pretty quick if a company performs poorly in this area. Glad to hear TT was on it and decided to just send a new scope instead of make you wait.

Speaking of customer service. I got a call from TT about two weeks ago. They said they had a scope that one of the quality control checkmarks hadn't been checked or something. Wanted me to read them the serial number to see if I owned it. It turns out that it wasn't mine but I've never had a company call me before their product took a shit wanting it back.
That is awesome, almost like a recall where a manufacturer realizes a mistake was made and puts forth the effort to notify the customer base who might be affected.

Hmm, I wonder if next to the blank checkbox it said "Confirm lock ring is tight" .

:LOL:

Hmm, I wonder if next to the blank checkbox it said "Confirm lock ring is tight" .

:LOL:
Not just tight but they glue these in place so they cannot come loose under abuse. Sometimes glue is forgotten or too little is used. Think of it like loctite on a screw, it's added protection from that thing coming out even when torqued properly.

I guess your scopes serial number was in their range of serviceable serial numbers then....?

I'm just talking shit, someone had to get a jab in here! I'm not surprised they took care of you, glad it all worked out.

Bushnell did the exact same thing for me except the part about "can we take your broke scope apart."

Bushnell did the exact same thing for me except the part about "can we take your broke scope apart."

Yeah I’m not sure why they tried that and not just send a new one like they did. I was patient and confident they would take care of me. I had a brand new Kahles scope with the illumination not working. Sent it back to Swarovski on the east coast expecting a long repair as they said it may go back to Austria. A few days later a brand new scope shows up!!

Yeah I’m not sure why they tried that and not just send a new one like they did. I was patient and confident they would take care of me. I had a brand new Kahles scope with the illumination not working. Sent it back to Swarovski on the east coast expecting a long repair as they said it may go back to Austria. A few days later a brand new scope shows up!!
Again, I think more and more companies are wising up to what the US shooting community is looking for - a strong warranty with quick turn around. We all know that scopes break, every scope, the bigger question is how will you be taken care of. It used to take weeks and sometimes months for Kahles and Minox to repair because they would ship back to Germany/Austria and go through that rigmarole; however, it's nice to see they are deciding to just send new scopes instead of making customers wait. If the manufacturer cannot deliver on the warranty/turn around then shooters are looking to purchase other scopes from manufacturers that will do this and in the end it hurts the bottom line of the manufacturer who does not "get this" as sales begin to plummet especially when forums light up with "it took company X 3 months to fix my scope" because let's be honest, if I hear that over and over it's going to make me second guess whether or not I really want to buy a scope from that company no matter how good that scope is. Besides, the market is full of amazing scopes and options now, so it's much more competitive than it was even 5 years ago - good for the consumer but maybe not so good for the manufacturer who has to figure out new ways to attract the attention of the buyer.