• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tangent VS Zero Compromise?

NCSWATSNIPER

Private
Minuteman
Aug 2, 2020
I know scopes come down to personal preference but this question is strictly intended for those who have owned both a Tangent and ZCO. I currently own the ZCO 5-27 with the MPCT2. My primary use for a scope is PRS Matches and some just general long range target shooting. I am considering selling the ZCO and buying the Tangent. First to those who have had both do you consider the Tangent an upgrade from the ZCO and if you went to a Tangent are you satisfied with your decision. Just a couple of things I don’t like about the ZCO are the locking turrets, the parallax is not so forgiving and the smaller mil marks on the turrets (for fast dialing). I know ZCO now sells the 10mil turret model without locking turrets but if I was to sell and purchase another ZCO is it worth just stepping up to the Tangent. Thanks

I know scopes come down to personal preference but this question is strictly intended for those who have owned both a Tangent and ZCO. I currently own the ZCO 5-27 with the MPCT2. My primary use for a scope is PRS Matches and some just general long range target shooting. I am considering selling the ZCO and buying the Tangent. First to those who have had both do you consider the Tangent an upgrade from the ZCO and if you went to a Tangent are you satisfied with your decision. Just a couple of things I don’t like about the ZCO are the locking turrets, the parallax is not so forgiving and the smaller mil marks on the turrets (for fast dialing). I know ZCO now sells the 10mil turret model without locking turrets but if I was to sell and purchase another ZCO is it worth just stepping up to the Tangent. Thanks
Can ZCO upgrade to 10 MIL turrets? I know they can do the NLE

Reactions: Badjujuu
I’ll be back in the office tomorrow and can go over the pros and cons of each of those fantastic options so you can pick the correct option for the future. :)
Feel free to PM me your number or you can call me tomorrow at 916-628-3490
-Richard

Just send the zco in for the non locking conversion. It's $150 and absolutely worth it. I have both but find myself shooting the ZCO more because of the reticle. I have the 3xr and don't really like how the hashes get bigger.

I’ve owned both and still own Tangent but not ZCO. TT has better glass IMO and I like the reticle options. Everyone knows they’ve got the best turrets. BUT if you don’t like the reticle options from TT you should stick with your ZCO as the improvements are small and subjective.

Reactions: CS95
That's like asking which playboy model to sleep with. Doesn't matter which one you're handling, you just can't help but wonder....
Well you know damn well if you sleep with one then you’ll always wonder what you missed by not picking the other one 🤣

Having owned both and currently running ZCO I would tell you that the differences optically are really non existent. Features wise the too less zero is cool but not worth the extra money.

Reactions: Billy.the.kid
I have a review of these two scopes and a bunch of others as well, you can find it by following the link in my signature.

Quick summary:
TT has better glass, better FOV and better turrets while ZCO is close in glass with a larger more HD like sight picture with thinner outer periphery, better turret numbers (TT has tiny numbers on huge turrets???) and better ergonomics IMO. ZCO has MUCH better illumination.

It’s a close race. Will you be blown away from switching Zco to TT. Absolutely not. Really boils down to size, weight and reticle.

I have both. I love both of them. The TT glass is ever so slightly better. A thousand dollars better ? No.

If I were to buy a new scope, it would be the ZCO. But, that's not a slam on the TT, it's exceptional.

Reactions: cornhusker86
I also dislike the locking turrets on the ZCO. When I get time to pull it off and park it for a week I’ll send it in. I’m looking forward to it.

Reactions: Covertnoob5
Thanks for the replies. This week I was able to get rid of my original ZCO and got my hands on the new ZCO with the non locking 10 mil turret. For my eyes and shooting PRS this model is way better for me. I also like the new MPCT 2X reticle in this model better.

Reactions: Charger442
Thanks for the replies. This week I was able to get rid of my original ZCO and got my hands on the new ZCO with the non locking 10 mil turret. For my eyes and shooting PRS this model is way better for me. I also like the new MPCT 2X reticle in this model better.
I've heard mixed reviews on the 10 mil turrets, but sounds like you think the 10 mil are better than the original 15 mil? Would you say just in regard to spacing or do you feel the 10 mil have a more tactile response?

I've heard mixed reviews on the 10 mil turrets, but sounds like you think the 10 mil are better than the original 15 mil? Would you say just in regard to spacing or do you feel the 10 mil have a more tactile response?
The spacing is definitely way better for me. Fast dialing and being able to see exactly where you are is way easier. The 10 mil turret is more “stiff” to turn but the clicks are more tactile also. For me it’s definitely an improvement.

Having owned and shot a bunch of matches with both, Its really hard to go wrong with either. Its up to you to decide whats more important.

The biggest difference for me was reticle thickness and Mirage. I actually sold my TT because at the time I was shooting mostly on 12-14 power and it was way to thin. When you are newer to PRS you are hunting through targets through scope and arent good at finding targets. Once you get that down, you will want higher mag do you can spot your hits/misses better as well as make more precise adjustments on the clock. Now that I have gotten a bit better, I do most of my shooting on 20-22x. The MPCT3 and MPCT3X I was running were too thick on higher mag. They also got trashed in mirage, but I may have had bad samples.

If I was buying today, it would be TT, even though they are atleast $1K more. The XR Gen 3 Fine or the JTAC if you dont like trees are both perfect reticles for high mag PRS shooting. The glass is exceptional, the turrets were created by god himself and no other scope cuts through mirage like the tangent.

Not that there is anything wrong with the ZCO, its a great scope especially at the used prices they are going for. I had both the locking and NLE turrets, and preferred the locking. It was easier to zero since you could click down on the correct adjustment and then just tighten the set screw.

The 10 mill turrets feel better but keep in mind, if you are shooting long stages that go past 10 mils, you may forget to reset your turret and get trashed on the next stage. We have all done it and it happens. With the 15 mil turrets, you will never go beond that in a PRS match unless you shoot TAC, so it one less thing to screw up.

The spacing is definitely way better for me. Fast dialing and being able to see exactly where you are is way easier. The 10 mil turret is more “stiff” to turn but the clicks are more tactile also. For me it’s definitely an improvement.
Thank you, now just waiting for NLE and 10 mil to come to the 4-20... 🦗🐦

Size comparison if anyone is curious (not super scientific but I lined them up as best I could). All have ARC M-Brace mounts except the Kahles 525i DLR which has ARC M-Brace rings.

Left to right is ZCo 5-27, Kahles 525i DLR, Zeiss LRP S5 5-25, TT 7-35, TT 5-25.

Pick a horse and ride it, I say.

Attachments

• IMG_3312.jpeg
    IMG_3312.jpeg
    723.6 KB · Views: 183