• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Tango 51 KIlls Armed Assailant

thumb-serious-smiley-face-4405.jpg

Not sure....is the OP glad that rifle was used, or is he sad that someone was killed? Not sure.

black ops built the rifle and he should be proud it saved the womans life. Now quit trolling jackass.

Just because someone asks a question you don't like, does not make them a troll, JACKASS. Secondly, the very next post was of a rather grim-looking cartoon, so I wasn't sure where this thread was heading. Thirdly, Nexusfire, go piss up a rope. Either learn to be civil, or shut up. I have no problem with the rifle, or how it was used, as it saved a life. Period. Your limited, Common Core education of ENGLISH, and reading things into other posters comments serves no purpose, other than to show your lack of mental / social skills.

Last edited:
Having any part in saving lives is something to be proud of. Reality seems to dictate that sometimes other people have to be removed to make this happen.

Just because someone asks a question you don't like, does not make them a troll, JACKASS. Secondly, the very next post was of a rather grim-looking cartoon, so I wasn't sure where this thread was heading. Thirdly, Nexusfire, go piss up a rope. Either learn to be civil, or shut up. I have no problem with the rifle, or how it was used, as it saved a life. Period. Your limited, Common Core education of ENGLISH, and reading things into other posters comments serves no purpose, other than to show your lack of mental / social skills.
Then why not use your words and ask the OP instead of being cryptic about it?

Mike's business is built around supplying LEO rifles... so if I were him, I'd feel a bit of pride in knowing that his tool was used in saving a life, and it performed as advertised. Not sure what everyone is getting all pissy about. Sounds like some shitbag caught a 308 projo in the face and a woman is alive because of it. Why not allow him to feel the pride of a job well done?

Mike's business is built around supplying LEO rifles... so if I were him, I'd feel a bit of pride in knowing that his tool was used in saving a life, and it performed as advertised. Not sure what everyone is getting all pissy about. Sounds like some shitbag caught a 308 projo in the face and a woman is alive because of it. Why not allow him to feel the pride of a job well done?
Amen

If I was that women I would just be happy that the department saw the value in having such a quality gun for precision needed in such a situation.

Good guy + good gun = good ending compared to the alternative

Very nice Mike! I have yet to own one of your work of art rifles. Soon my friend, soon.

Exactly! I have real trouble understanding how this thread, among all threads on the Hide, got jacked. Threadjacking should be saved for Maggie's Drawers, where it's actually quite entertaining to read.

How does one piss up a rope anyway?
With extremely careful aim and impressive muscle control, I imagine.

Kudos to the entire SWAT team for doing a very hard job so well and to TacOps for building the rifle they used.

-David

Aside from it being a bit tacky, I wouldnt endorse LAPDs shooting of ANYONE......PERIOD. Their track record for shooting the wrong people is pretty well known.

130207-honda-shooting-lapd-hmed-5p.380;380;7;70;0.jpg

130207-blue-truck-lapd-hmed-5p.660;660;7;70;0.jpg

Aside from it being a bit tacky, I wouldnt endorse LAPDs shooting of ANYONE......PERIOD. Their track record for shooting the wrong people is pretty well known.
Sure, that's a legit point, but even granting what you say, when a team does something very hard like this and does it well, they still deserve some praise and credit for getting it right this time, don't they? Or are past sins the only things that ever matter about anyone?

-David

Some people are too busy hugging trees in troll land to remember the purpose of rifles like this, especially Mike's rifles...to put down bad guys and save lives. Congrats to Tac Ops.

I understand what you are saying. If indeed the guy shot was a piece of shit, you wont catch me crying.......I personally think the gene pool needs some chlorine anyways.

Its just that with LAPD's record of shooting anything and everything that moves, including the wrong people...I wouldnt tag my companies reputation to any shooting involving them. I would be too scared of the blow back should it turn out to be a bad shoot and a cover up. I dont think anyone that knows LAPD would put that past them.

I guess since leaving police work in 2006, my skepticism involving police actions and shootings has increased ten fold.

I just dont trust them.

Last edited:
I understand what you are saying. If indeed the guy shot was a piece of shit, you wont catch me crying.......I personally think the gene pool needs some chlorine anyways.

Its just that with LAPD's record of shooting anything and everything that moves, including the wrong people...I wouldnt tag my companies reputation to any shooting involving them. I would be too scared of the blow back should it turn out to be a bad shoot and a cover up. I dont think anyone that knows LAPD would put that past them.

I guess since leaving police work in 2006, my skepticism involving police actions and shootings has increased ten fold.

I just dont trust them.
I hear ya. Trust me, I do hear you, and agree with you on your distrust of cops ... but I would guess your company isn't reliant upon proof of positive results in the line of duty either. Mike's is. This is proof. Good, bad, or otherwise... this is proof that his rifles do what he say they can do. He'd be foolish to not post about it. Besides, I didn't see him aggrandizing it. He just said "hey, this happened, and it was some of my kit." I don't see any reason to eat his lunch over that. Maybe I'm wrong.

Some people are too busy hugging trees in troll land to remember the purpose of rifles like this, especially Mike's rifles...to put down bad guys and save lives. Congrats to Tac Ops.

Hugging trees?

What is your experience in law enforcement please sir?

I did 12 years in Miami....9 of which was in narcotics, long term money laundering and felony warrant service. How many bad guys have you put down?

I want to see facts and proof before I put on a cheer leaders skirt and grab some pom poms over the cops killing someone. Then again I value freedom and liberty and cannot abide a police state.

Anyways, I'm done....this was in no way a slight against the quality of OP's rifles. From what I have seen, that speaks for itself.

I hear ya. Trust me, I do hear you, and agree with you on your distrust of cops ... but I would guess your company isn't reliant upon proof of positive results in the line of duty either. Mike's is. This is proof. Good, bad, or otherwise... this is proof that his rifles do what he say they can do. He'd be foolish to not post about it. Besides, I didn't see him aggrandizing it. He just said "hey, this happened, and it was some of my kit." I don't see any reason to eat his lunch over that. Maybe I'm wrong.

I see what you are saying....I agree. I will bow out now.

Sort of tacky I think. It would be spoken about it quiet circles and those that would need to know would know about the weapon and the shot etc. quiet professional. I am not judging or condemning just my opinion.

Mike, Sorry about mixing you up with the other guy. My bad.

Diverdon

Mike has nothing to do with Black OPs Precision, though your mistake is understandable because of his screen name.
Mike is the owner/operator of Tac-Ops, .
Not to mention that the "other" company, black ops, was run by a guy also named "Mike." lol What a terrible coincidence that Tac Ops Mike will now have to deal with, as people are clearly confusing the two. :(

Mike, you should change your username here to TacOps, or MikeNotBlackOps or something. ;)

relax lofty, this was in regards to onethousandmeters trolling around. Im not bashing any police, just trolls. TacOps builds one heck of a rifle and the operator did his job today and saved someone from serious physical injury or death.

relax lofty, this was in regards to onethousandmeters trolling around. Im not bashing any police, just trolls. TacOps builds one heck of a rifle and the operator did his job today and saved someone from serious physical injury or death.

Sorry.....I misunderstood.

You're arguments are meaningless. LAPD deals with countless shootings everyday, not all are going to be perfect (statistically) ...you should know, if you're an ex LEO. Every agency has its problems

Always been a fan of the rifles. Admiration for the tool continues.

I sincerely hope the OP received reliable intel that this situation was a WHOLE lot more volatile than described in the linked article before he decided to post.

When it comes to the use of deadly force I would prefer the police to be held to the same "...immediate and OTHERWISE UNAVOIDABLE threat .... to the innocent..." criteria that DA's apply to the common Joe.

But if you prefer, we can simply move on, give the 'operator' a medal for bravery in battle, early-retire the negotiators, add "The best tool for resolving domestic disputes" to the feature list of this rifle, and be glad that "No road closures were in effect due to the incident".

Last edited:
Am I the only one that's jealous of the LAPD swat? They have suppressed tango 51s. I don't have a suppressed tango 51!!!

I just dont trust them.

You bring up LAPD shootings. Why? LAPD covers the City of Los Angeles. Bellflower is not in the City of Los Angles, and LAPD had NOTHING to do with this shoot. This shoot was conducted in Los Angeles County, by the Los Angles Sheriffs Department Special Enforcement Bureau Special Weapons Team. There is a huge difference between a city police force and a county sheriffs department; you should know that.

All due respect, but as a former cop you should have a better attention to detail. Your distrust of police is obvious and has clouded your discretion.

News for today…

Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department Special Enforcement Bureau Special Weapons Team Shot and killed an armed assailant today with a Suppressed Tango 51. Here is some details of the SWAT CALL OUT…

Barricade Situation Ends When SWAT Team Shoots, Kills Man in Bellflower; Hostage Rescued | KTLA

Mike
Tac Ops

Sleep well tonight, Mike, knowing that your precision saved that womans life. I will give you a call in the next few days for something unrelated to this.

You're arguments are meaningless. LAPD deals with countless shootings everyday, not all are going to be perfect (statistically) ...you should know, if you're an ex LEO. Every agency has its problems

And what prevents us from holding those responsible for the problems accountable? An institutionalized code of cover-ups. Dorner definitely had some screws loose but I would be really surprised if he made everything up out of thin air.

still it is always sad when someone pays with their life, wrong place wrong time and it could be ANY of us...

Oh my, didn't this thread take a nasty turn. All Mike wanted to do was get a little man love from the peeps at SH and it has turned into another good COP-bad COP debate.

Oh my, didn't this thread take a nasty turn. All Mike wanted to do was get a little man love from the peeps at SH and it has turned into another good COP-bad COP debate.
It's hard for some to grasp that some of these rifles are actually used for their intended purpose.

And what prevents us from holding those responsible for the problems accountable? An institutionalized code of cover-ups. Dorner definitely had some screws loose but I would be really surprised if he made everything up out of thin air.

every institution has its problems:cool: