• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tango 51 - Range Update

dkw3

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 26, 2010
PA
I have had my Tango for a few weeks now. But due to work i have not been able to go shoot her. Its been killing me. Well, I finally made it to the range the other day.

WOW! I shot my best 100 and 300 yard groups ever (see attached photos)! Mike R. sure does know how to build them. The fit and finish is truly AMAZING. This will not be my last Tac Ops Rifle! I have never seen, held or shot a Tac Ops Rifle when I placed the order. I looked at several other builders and after talking with Mike R. several times, I went with Tactical Operations. Let me tell you....It was worth the wait!!!!

Attached are some photos of the Tango 51. Sorry for being so poor. They were taken on my reloading bench in my basement.

fix.jpg

DSC_1681.jpg

DSC_1682.jpg

[
Tango51b.jpg

Tango51c.jpg

Tango51d.jpg

Re: Tango 51 - First time at the Range.... WOW!

very nice. i like the colors and textures, nice mix

They make a nice looking rifle.

Not to belabor the point and I will clarify it none the less, how does it shoot a 5-shoot group?

Yall killing me with these tac ops rifles. I gotta get one of these things. Is there a better website for tac ops other than tacticaloperations.com. No offense mike but that website leaves a little bit to be desired. theres no prices and half the tabs don't work?

I saw some prices on sniper central. Are those prices accurate? and does that include anything other than rifle, like scope, sling, bipod, anything?

Didn't I see this same rifle over on snipercentral? haha very nice man!

Hykin,C

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: .257</div><div class="ubbcode-body">3 shot = rifle capability
5 shot = shooter capability

meaning, if it will bughole 3, then it will bughole 5 </div></div>

That may be debatable.....

None the less, great looking rifle.

Thanks guys! You did see the same rifle over on snipercentral. The gun shoots 5 shot groups just as well as 3 shot groups. I loaded up only 25 rounds just to see how she shoots. Im going to play with loads this weekend and really see how she shoots. The groups you see here were shot with 155g Lupua Scenar bullets. Mike R. builds this gun for 168g FGGM. I also loaded up 10 rounds of 168g SMK.. They shot great to, but im going to stick with the 155's.

Wow, just talked with Mike a few minutes ago. A real class act and more gun knowledge than I will ever have a grasp of. He is a great guy to talk to. I don't know how I'm going to fund it but very soon I will order a rifle from him. keep your eyes peeled in the WTS section. I may have to get rid of my 700P to help lessen the dent in my pocket book. But I've got the fever and I want one more than ever after talking to Mike. Thanks for all the info

Mike is a real class act. Before i purchased my Tango. I called him and asked tons of questions. He always took the time to explain things to me and didn't mind me calling him a 101 times. We have to remember that he is dealing with hundreds of people calling him all day/night and he always calls you back and takes the time to answer anything about his platforms....

he answered every question I had and then tons more about it than I would have ever even thought about asking. like you said VERY nice too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Trey Warren</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow, just talked with Mike a few minutes ago. A real class act and more gun knowledge than I will ever have a grasp of. He is a great guy to talk to. I don't know how I'm going to fund it but very soon I will order a rifle from him. keep your eyes peeled in the WTS section. I may have to get rid of my 700P to help lessen the dent in my pocket book. But I've got the fever and I want one more than ever after talking to Mike. Thanks for all the info </div></div>

Trey,
While I have never spoken with Mike and have no idea if he will allow this but... Wouldn't you be better off to use your 700P as a donor action (unless you have another 700 for a donor) and sell your parts like the stock, bottom metal, ect. This will avoid you having to add the cost of the action and the excise tax added on to your Tac-Ops build.

Just thinking out loud. Either way, good luck with your build and make sure to post pics.

Oneshot

I asked about that. but all in all, he said he would knock 400 or 450 (dont remember which) off the price of the build. And for that, I just as soon not worry with it and sell gun whole. Cuz then I may end up with a few parts laying around that I can't sell and and I figure I should at least be able to get $1200 for my rifle. What you think. Its a 700P 308, skim bedded, leupold mark 4 rings and 2 piece base, 4.5-18x52? Falcon menace w/ butler creek flips, leather military style sling. I should be able to get 1200 for that huh? or would that be too cheap/expensive

BEAUTIFUL rifle, Tac Ops fit and finish is with no equal and could be displayed in an art gallery!!

$1,200 sound good for your rifle.

Nice shooting... SH ban on 3-shot groups and all.

I highly disagree with the 3 shots is the gun, 5 shots is the shooter. It is the same gun and shooter shooting the 3 shots ans shooting the 5, and yes a 5-shot group can only open up after 3 shots have been fired. The group isn't going to get any smaller, so yes 5-shot groups are going to be larger than the 3-shot groups, but it is not the shooter, it is the mathematic probability.

Still, impressive, especially at 300 yards.

Good to see all of these folks digging their Tac Ops. Mine is very very close. As a matter of a fact, I need to call Mike tonight to let him know my scope is on the way.

Somebody save me some time and give me an estimate on the price of this jewel. Great looking rifle.

Call Mike R. at (310) 275-8797 office number, between 11 am and 11 pm West Coast time. He will answer all questions and let you know the price. There are options that affect price, so go talk with the MAN!

Carter, Thanks for the good comments. This was only the first time shooting the Tango. The Tango shoots lights out. I'm going to the range again this weekend. We will see how she does at 600 yards. I expect it will shoot wonderful. All my friends i shoot with want Tango's now!!!!

Hi i have seen one here and the fit and finish is excelant. i think the workmanship and finished product and right there at the top but the only thing i woult have thought is mabe if he went with a top aftermarket rem clone that would perfect them as they could be complete rifles with his name on the side instead of a Rem700 with extensive work. i am sure mike has done the sums and he might be happier completly reworking a rem action than trusting another manufacturer then having to rework that to the specs he is after but i am sure there are action manufacturers out there that would build the actions for him to the specs he is after then they would be close to the best you could get.

Nice rifle hope you get out there and shoot a lot of rounds through it. the 155's work perfectly well in a rifle designed for 168's what twist do you have" it would also be worth trying the 175's over the 168's as they work best at longer ranges with the 155 Lapua's and the 168's struggle past 600 yards.

You may have new information, but last year Mike was fairly adamant that I not post his cell phone online.

If you've verified he doesn't have a problem with this - then disregard my comment.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: D Keefer Wetzler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Call Mike R. at 310-275-8797 between 11 am and 11 pm West Coast time. He will answer all questions and let you know the price. There are options that affect price, so go talk with the MAN! </div></div>

Thats it, I'm calling and ordering one...........maybe two. Hope he'll take my calls.

Nice to see another happy customer. His website DEFINITELY needs some help. Would probably cut his call volume as well but hes not interested because he knows its not selling him half as much as word of mouth and range reports like this will.

Mike R is a real class act. Busy as hell but never too busy for a customer.

Wild Bill,
I'm going to try some 175's. I don't usually shoot past 600 yards, but the way this Tango shoots i may have to strech that out to 700 ish..I can't wait to see how the 155's do at 600 yards this weekend. I'm going to take my time and try several different loads with the 155's. They just shoot soooo well. I'm using 44.2g of Varget for the photos you see here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wnroscoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: D Keefer Wetzler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Call Mike R. at 310-275-8797 between 11 am and 11 pm West Coast time. He will answer all questions and let you know the price. There are options that affect price, so go talk with the MAN! </div></div>

Thats it, I'm calling and ordering one...........maybe two. Hope he'll take my calls.</div></div>

He screens his calls William.......your screwed lol

Kelly

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kbrady</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> He screens his calls William.......your screwed lol
</div></div>

Just my luck
wink.gif

Nice shooting, nice rifle but you must show pics of your 5 shot groups or risk being scolded severely.

Mike trully is the man.

He's been working on a personal Duty rifle (X-Ray 51) for me for the past year, and I've only got a few weeks left till it will be in my hands.

I had the oppurtunity to meet Mike this last week at the LASD SEB Long Rifle Course which mike set me and my work partner up with.

Mike conducted some awesome night ops training with us and showed us some sweet gear.

Mike will give you the shirt off his back as long as you don't screw him!

3pers,
Next time out, I will shoot some 5 shot groups just for you.

Pretty good start anyway, sure would work for most of the shooting I do.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wnroscoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: D Keefer Wetzler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Call Mike R. at 310-275-8797 between 11 am and 11 pm West Coast time. He will answer all questions and let you know the price. There are options that affect price, so go talk with the MAN! </div></div>

Thats it, I'm calling and ordering one...........maybe two. Hope he'll take my calls.</div></div>

Well at least you're putting all the proceeds from my rifles to good use...don't spend it all in one place
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OneLunG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike trully is the man.

He's been working on a personal Duty rifle (X-Ray 51) for me for the past year, and I've only got a few weeks left till it will be in my hands.

I had the oppurtunity to meet Mike this last week at the LASD SEB Long Rifle Course which mike set me and my work partner up with.

Mike conducted some awesome night ops training with us and showed us some sweet gear.

Mike will give you the shirt off his back as long as you don't screw him! </div></div>
Hey <span style="font-style: italic">OneLunG</span>,

Very true about Mike - I've known him quite a long time and he has always been the same straight-up, no BS but generous guy. I'm sorry I didn't meet you, as I was up at the SEB LR range with Mike last Wednesday night observing the night ops training. Definitely hi-speed. Lots of different agencies taking Intermediate Sniper training.

Good to hear you enjoyed the training - I'll pass that on to Mike. I bet you can't wait to get your X-Ray 51. <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">My X-Ray 51</span></span> is my pride & joy. I just wish I could own a TAC .30 and a TAC 5.56 or CQB suppressor for my M6A2-S. Stay safe.

Keith

That is a Beautiful rifle! Congratulations! Mike knows how to build them and yes the man is generous beyond belief! He is a friend for life and will bend over backwards to help you with whatever you need.

Like all of Mikes rifle's that is a shooter and you have proven that great shooting!

I believe everyone should own at least one TacOps in their life if not more
smile.gif
I know I want more
smile.gif

Keefer I see you smoked my test target and shot a .095 first time out ? I believe I sent you the wrong Tango 51 could you please return it to my office ASAP ?
wink.gif
Great shooting and thank you for the kind words. Nice to see you can shoot to that level with my rifle:) I had no idea a Mortician could be a great shooter, you owe me that favor with my ex mother in-law don't forget LMAO

<span style="font-weight: bold">Mike
Tac Ops</span>

I'm still trying to conjure up a plan on how I'm going to get one, mike. So far I'm hoping that in mid july I can place the order if everything goes as planned. I gotta sell at least one gun, probably 2 then save some extra and finance the rest. I'll call you soon as I get it all in line

Mike needs to hire you to test fire his rifles! That is some good shooting, bro! Just like every other Tac-Ops rifle it looks great and shoots awesome. Your like me D Keefer, I had to order another! The fit and finish on these rifles can't be truly appreciated by a pic, you just have to see them in person! Man your reloading bench is all nice and organized. Mine looks like a tornado hit it or something!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OneLunG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike trully is the man.

Mike will give you the shirt off his back as long as you don't screw him! </div></div>

I am sorry but waiting a yr for a personal duty rifle? Is this a gun ur using on the job? Hope u don't have to wait a yr cause alot of shit can happen within a a yr. U can get an AI AW/AE or others albeit for a bit more alot quicker. I have fired a Tango 51 as well as an AI among others.... I don't want to beat a dead horse but to wait a yr for a work gun is unacceptable, maybe I am wrong.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vin</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OneLunG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike trully is the man.

I am sorry but waiting a yr for a personal duty rifle? Is this a gun ur using on the job? Hope u don't have to wait a yr cause alot of shit can happen within a a yr. U can get an AI AW/AE or others albeit for a bit more alot quicker. I have fired a Tango 51 as well as an AI among others.... I don't want to beat a dead horse but to wait a yr for a work gun is unacceptable, maybe I am wrong. </div></div>

Yea but an AIAW isn't a TacOp's...
smile.gif
Mike puts an amazing amount of time into every gun he makes and his work shows everytime someone post one of these guns. I will be ordering one soon for sure, I'm tired of replacing my damn keyboard everytime someone posts one ><

Jake

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't want to beat a dead horse but to wait a yr for a work gun is unacceptable, maybe I am wrong.</div></div>

Let me clear the air about his order for the moment;) Jake is a great guy no doubt but during his build he had a few issues on his end ( it would not be nice to post them here ) and asked me to slowwwww down on his build. I did and all is GTG and he should have is rifle soon. As a token of good faith and to show class to him I got him and his partner into the LASD SEB Sniper School. The class was full but you could say I know people
wink.gif

Tac Ops</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Black Ops</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't want to beat a dead horse but to wait a yr for a work gun is unacceptable, maybe I am wrong.</div></div>

Let me clear the air about his order for the moment;) Jake is a great guy no doubt but during his build he had a few issues on his end ( it would not be nice to post them here ) and asked me to slowwwww down on his build. I did and all is GTG and he should have is rifle soon. As a token of good faith and to show class to him I got him and his partner into the LASD SEB Sniper School. The class was full but you could say I know people
wink.gif

Tac Ops</span> </div></div>

Thx for the clarification.Sometimes there are circumstances not known on the surface. Thats customer service.

From the get go I've had nothing but good things to say about Mike, and still don't.

Mike has gone out of his way to set me up, and I think you won't find that kind of service at many other places.

I look forward to recieving my gun. Like Mike said, its been a wait, but that has had a lot to do with things on my end.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thx for the clarification.Sometimes there are circumstances not known on the surface. <span style="font-weight: bold">Thats customer service.</span></div></div>

You are most welcome;) We try on the customer service as well
smile.gif

<span style="font-weight: bold">OneLunG
LEO</span> Jake it was my pleasure to get you and your partner in the LASD SEB Sniper School. I must say it was a pleasure to meet you as well. Keep your shirt on just a little longer your X-Ray is in the mix...

Tac Ops</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Black Ops</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thx for the clarification.Sometimes there are circumstances not known on the surface. <span style="font-weight: bold">Thats customer service.</span></div></div>

You are most welcome;) We try on the customer service as well
smile.gif

<span style="font-weight: bold">OneLunG
LEO</span> Jake it was my pleasure to get you and your partner in the LASD SEB Sniper School. I must say it was a pleasure to meet you as well. Keep your shirt on just a little longer your X-Ray is in the mix...

Tac Ops</span>
</div></div>

Hehehe, don't worry Mike! I'm going to try to hash some plans to get back down there and have a beer with ya since we didn't quite connect on that part!

Funny all these TacOps guns keep shooting just like my TacOPS does. Nice to see others support what I wrote a year ago.

Great shooting by the way.

Hello everyone. I have had the new Tango out to the range three times now. It is amazing how well the weapon works. I shot my best group ever again today. Its was a .077 three shot group at 100 yards.(I will post pictures soon). I know the Hide likes 5 shot groups, but three is good enough for me.I am soooooo glad I went with Tactical Operations. This Tango has yet to shoot over a .25 three shot group at 100 yards when I do my part. I know its hard to wait a long time for his builds, but after shooting the Tango a few times. I would have waited 2 years for his build. I'm going to have Mike build me a Green Hornet in .17 HMR and another Tango in .223. This time around, I'm not going to call Mike every other month and see how thing are going. When he gets them done, he gets them done.I know they will be shooters.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hello everyone. I have had the new Tango out to the range three times now. It is amazing how well the weapon works. I shot my best group ever again today. <span style="font-weight: bold">Its was a .077 three shot group at 100 yards.(I will post pictures soon).</div></div></span>

.077 very nice shooting keefer;)

Mike
Tac Ops

Thanks, Mike! You sure do know how to build them.I leave for my hunt in three weeks. When i get back you will be getting two more rifles to work your magic on. The only thing this time, I want them to shoot a little better...lol

Mike, One of my friend that went shooting with me has a build by another very prominent builder. When you put the rifles side by side, you see the difference in the quility and attention to detail in your build. This is what separates Tactical Operations from other builders and it worth the wait...Thanks for building me such a great rifle!

Keefer

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: D Keefer Wetzler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hello everyone. I have had the new Tango out to the range three times now. It is amazing how well the weapon works. I shot my best group ever again today. Its was a .077 three shot group at 100 yards.(I will post pictures soon). </div></div>

Nice shooting, I'd like to see the pics of this group of yours.

I will get some more photos up afer i go to the range tomorrow.

Re: Tango 51 - Range Update

Hello guys,
Had the Tango 51 out to the range for the third time. Wow can this thing shoot. I again shot my best 3 shot 100 yard group of .077! Thats right .077.... I also am attaching a 4 shot 500 yard group. tactical Operations sure does know how to build them!!!

Tango51017.jpg

Tango51018.jpg

Keefer

Re: Tango 51 - Range Update

Was that 500yrd 4 round group shot off that rest you have in one of those pictures? Because if not that's extremly impressive and almost hard to believe...at least for me haha

GG