• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tango 51

firehawk2010

Private
Minuteman
Apr 18, 2012
Florida
Three pics Mike R sent me of my Tango
Rifle should be here next week.
I will post more pics and range report when I get the rifle
i6w2dj.jpg

zss6f5.jpg

1zp70af.jpg

Re: Tango 51

Dude, unless he has shot a TacOps rifle even only briefly he has no idea what he has. There are very few rifles that are capable of shooting like a TacOps rifle. There are no rifles that shoot like a TacOps rifle with OTS match ammunition. TacOps rifles have grace which makes shooting them well easier to achieve.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Highlands122</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Three pics Mike R sent me of my Tango
Rifle should be here next week.
I will post more pics and range report when I get the rifle </div></div>

Very nice, make it fit you and you will keep it forever. Enjoy your new Tango!

That's a very nice-looking Tango, Highlands122. Did you hire Mike to cut the foam to shape like that in your case? I ask because he's building me a Delta 51 and I'd like to have my case's foam cut to fit. If you did have Mike do it, may I ask what, roughly, it cost?

Do post some pictures of groups from that little monster once you take possession of it. I never tire of seeing how well Mike's guns perform.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SpenceDaddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like the muzzle break, and the stock is really different!</div></div>

???Eh??? I thought that was the normal stock right there for the Tangos. Is it not?

-David

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: davidjschenk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SNIPPED<<<

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SpenceDaddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like the muzzle break, and the stock is really different!</div></div>

???Eh??? I thought that was the normal stock right there for the Tangos. Is it not?

-David </div></div>

As I recall TacOps' Tango series rifles have McMillan M40A-1 HTG stocks.

Opps, my bad!

That is the normal tango stock.

Yes, I do know what I am getting, and I am totally excited!!!

I started this quest about 15 years ago. I have a rem 700 243 that shoots bugholes w 100sgk @3275 fps handloads (yes I know a little hot)(slight flattening of the primers). I did some aluminum pillars (wood stock), steel tex, floated the barrel, and Timney trigger, with cheap Tasco scope.

I use to teach hunter ed, and have taken many young men and women out on their first hunt and that 243 was the goto gun, no deer ever needed more than one round, most dropped in their tracks. Well over 100 deer have lost their life to that rifle, including Mule, Whitetail, and Blacktail. (I lived out west) I wanted a thirty cal to match that for elk and moose.

In the past I have had two other rem 700's 308's built by others that did not match that lowly 243. I was even told by one builder that my expectations were too high, and that I was spoiled rotten by that 243. I had a few bux from my divorce so I took the opportunity to buy the best. I know that it will exceed my expectations!!! I just hate the wait!!!

Mike cut the foam for the hard case. I ordered the hard case when I ordered the rifle. I also ordered the muzzle brake, which if you notice is not finished in Black T but will be sent to Birdsong by Mike and returned directly to me.

If you notice he even cut out for the Harris bipod. I already have one here so I didn't order one, but Mike took one off his personal rifle and put it on there to get the shape right. As for price, the cutting of the foam comes with ordering the hard case with the rifle, Mike has never said that there is an additional cost for cutting it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Highlands122</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is the normal tango stock.</div></div>

Yeah, I started worrying I was having myself an "early senior moment" there...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Highlands122</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike cut the foam for the hard case. I ordered the hard case when I ordered the rifle.</div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Highlands122</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As for price, the cutting of the foam comes with ordering the hard case with the rifle, Mike has never said that there is an additional cost for cutting it. </div></div>

Got it. Thanks much, Highlands122--that's what I needed to know.

Enjoy the heck out of your new Tango 51!

Yours,

David

someday i'll finally link up with mike and get to spec'ing my build. one of his guns is still required for my safe

Tango stocks are the McM Sako Varmints, with TacOps 'texture' added. Forearm is shorter, wider and flatter than the HTG. Comb is also higher, but not as high as the A1-3.

I was fortunate enough to borrow one for a few days years ago. They are truly fine rifles. Hard to describe to someone. You really have to see and handle one to appreciate them.

Very nice <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Highlands122</span></span> -

You'll be flying high when you pick-up your rifle from your FFL and have shot it. Ask Mike to throw-in a Stock Pack for you, as depending upon your face shape and size the cheek height might be a little low for your eye for perfect eye alignment every time. Get everything lined-up perfectly and you'll be amazed how accurate your rifle is with FGMM 168s' and 175s'. SW and Black Hills 175s' also shoot very well, but the FGMM seems to have a slight edge over both of those.

Two things that you should consider getting are an <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">"ACCU-SHOT BT28 AFAR Kit"</span></span> and a KMW Pod-Loc. While a standard-issue Harris will work fine on the Tango, a Harris outfitted with a <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Harris BRM-S + LT706 QD Mount Combo</span></span> and a <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">+ KMW Gen 2 Pod-Loc</span></span> on an ACCU-SHOT BT28 Rail is a much more elegant solution. The only thing about the BT28 AFAR Kit is that the screws supplied in the Kit aren't the optimal length for use in a McMillan Anschutz Rail. While the BT28 Kit includes two pairs of screws, the shorter pair is too short and doesn't have enough thread bite for use in a McMillan Anschutz Rail, and the long pair is too long and will bottom on the underside of the Anschutz Rail). Once you have your Tango in-hand you'll be able to trim and finish the 1/2" long screws to optimal length, then have Mike send them to Birdsong to be coated so that you can use a Picatinny mount bipod.

If you already have a Harris bipod you can buy the LT706 Mount from Larue for $79.00 separately and convert the bipod yourself. The LT706 will work with all Harris bipods, but I highly recommend the BRM-S (6-9" Notched & Swivel) or the LM-S (9-12" Notched & Swivel). If you use a Swivel model, don't forget the KMW Pod-Loc, which is much faster and easier to use than the knurled thumbscrew that comes on the Harris. The lever on the KMW Pod-Loc is spring-loaded so the lever can be "parked" of of the way after tension adjustment or when storing the rifle. Obviously, you won't need the KMW Pod-Loc if you don't have a swivel model.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">ACCU-SHOT BT28 AFAR Kit as it comes from ACCU-SHOT:</span></span>
BT28AFARKITNEW.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">BT28 in McMillan Anschutz Rail. The screws were trimmed, finished, and checked for fit before being sent to Birdsong for coating:</span></span>
X-Ray51LoggerheadAnschutzRailBT28CU38x6.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">X-Ray 51 with BT28 Accessory Rail installed in Anschutz Rail with Harris BRM-S + LT706 QD Mount Combo</span></span> <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">+ KMW Gen 2 Pod-Loc:</span></span>
X-Ray51LoggerheadBT28RS8x6.jpg

X-Ray51LoggerheadBT28LS8x6.jpg

HarrisBRM-SLT706ComboFRONT18x6.jpg

Keith

Aries
Thanks for the great info. Mike has already set a cheek pad /stock pack set aside for my rifle. I will look into the other items that you described. I already have several variations of the Harris w/swivel here at home.

Great Pictures!!!! It's funny I will spend $$$$$ on a tango and accessories but won't buy a decent camera. I'm glad my BIL is bringing his Nikon for Christmas, I'll have him take some pics of the Tango for me.

I am anxiously waiting for the tracking number Mike said would be coming this week!!!!

I have the stainless Tac Ops 30 in the safe. I wasn't worried about weight, and I am still not sold on heat on titanium.

Your going to love it! I've had mine about 6 months now and pretty much everything else in the safe is getting zero use. The suppressor is just the icing on the cake. Nothing like a day at the range banging steel with the Tango.

25akew9.jpg

1o0kt0.jpg

Best I can do but I suck!

2qd616e.jpg

I can totally relate to the anticipation of a rifles arrival. I myself have a Delta 51 that should be making its way out of Mike’s hands into mine any day now. YAOG said it best, until you have lined up behind one, you have no idea. A buddy I met at training in Utah had an Echo 51. I did not get a chance to shoot it, but I did get to fondle it
grin.gif
. After talking to him, looking at the gun and his team placing in the top three, I decided to call Mike. What I found most interesting about Tac Ops rifles is when I was researching the rifles, I was only able to fine ONE negative thing posted about them from anyone who owned or ever owned one and that was the price, but come on! How can you expect to purchase a Ferrari 458 for the price of Ford Focus! The only thing I am afraid of is when she gets here, I know I am going to try and convince myself to order another in either 300 win mag of 338! Who the hell am I kidding, I’ll be convinced; I’ll need to convince my wife! Defiantly keep us posted with a range report. Congates Buddy! Enjoy!

My biggest fear is that my wife will shoot it, and not give it back like she did my Rock River, and I will have to buy another one
cry.gif
grin.gif
eek.gif
I can hear it now, "Honey I carried your daughter for 9 months, this is the least you could do."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Highlands122</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Aries
Thanks for the great info. Mike has already set a cheek pad /stock pack set aside for my rifle. I will look into the other items that you described. I already have several variations of the Harris w/swivel here at home.</div></div>
No problem <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Highlands122</span></span>. I figured he had, but I thought I should mention it since the use of any scope with a 56mm objective and a canted base can cause a chin weld situation instead of a cheekweld for shooters with a stock with a non-adjustable cheekpiece. Definitely look into the BT28, LT706 Mount, and the KMW Pod-Loc. The LT706 attaches the Harris directly to the Rail, eliminating several unnecessary parts: the block and bipod stud used by typical bipod adapters, and the "saddle"/platform that the bottom of the fore arm bears against. Eliminating these parts provides a more rigid and stable mounting point, eliminates the weight of the platform, and reduces parts stacking and overall height.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Highlands122</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great Pictures!!!! It's funny I will spend $$$$$ on a tango and accessories but won't buy a decent camera. I'm glad my BIL is bringing his Nikon for Christmas, I'll have him take some pics of the Tango for me.</div></div>
Thanks. I shoot with a 9-year old Olympus C8080W. The C8080WZ was the best 8MP camera of it's time but it's outdated now. It still does the job and has an intuitive Menu and Controls. It's important to get a camera with a good lens and light-metering system and then it's up to the user to compose an interesting shot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Highlands122</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am anxiously waiting for the tracking number Mike said would be coming this week!!!! </div></div>
Sweet. Have fun with your new Tango 51 and it's TAC 30 suppressor (<span style="font-style: italic">you lucky dog!</span>)

Keith

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Highlands122</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the stainless Tac Ops 30 in the safe. I wasn't worried about weight, and I am still not sold on heat on titanium. </div></div>
Not that I carry my rifle around much, but if I could own my own suppressors I'd definitely have a Tac Ops .30 Titanium on my X-Ray 51. I learned a long time ago that a few ounces here and there makes a difference when <span style="font-style: italic">you're</span> carrying it. The Tac Ops Titanium models are hybrids and plenty durable. They're also about 40% lighter than their full-stainless counterparts.

Keith

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brinkhdlow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can totally relate to the anticipation of a rifles arrival. I myself have a Delta 51 that should be making its way out of Mike’s hands into mine any day now. YAOG said it best, until you have lined up behind one, you have no idea. A buddy I met at training in Utah had an Echo 51. I did not get a chance to shoot it, but I did get to fondle it
grin.gif
. After talking to him, looking at the gun and his team placing in the top three, I decided to call Mike. What I found most interesting about Tac Ops rifles is when I was researching the rifles, I was only able to fine ONE negative thing posted about them from anyone who owned or ever owned one and that was the price, but come on! How can you expect to purchase a Ferrari 458 for the price of Ford Focus! The only thing I am afraid of is when she gets here, I know I am going to try and convince myself to order another in either 300 win mag of 338! Who the hell am I kidding, I’ll be convinced; I’ll need to convince my wife! Defiantly keep us posted with a range report. Congates Buddy! Enjoy! </div></div>
I don't think that you'll be trying to convince yourself to buy another - I find it more likely that you'll be trying to figure-out what caliber. I've been thinking about an X-Ray 66 for a while so I'd have a true long range caliber, but I'd also really like to have a .223 for my daughter to shoot so I'm sort of torn between the two. Right now a Tango would fit her better, but she's still growing so maybe the X-Ray 55 (.223) with all of the spacers removed for a shortened LOP is the way to go. Hmmm...

Keith

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Highlands122</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My biggest fear is that my wife will shoot it, and not give it back like she did my Rock River, and I will have to buy another one
cry.gif
grin.gif
eek.gif
I can hear it now, "Honey I carried your daughter for 9 months, this is the least you could do."
</div></div>
Think of it this way <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Highlands122</span></span> - you'll have a chance to shoot the Tango 51 and decide if the Tango's stock suits your shooting style (positional shooting, hunting). If it does you order another Tango from Mike and "borrow" the Tango from your wife. And if you decide that you want a different stock you order one of the other Tac Ops models that suits you. Your wife can hadrly complain about it if she confiscates the Tango, can she?

Keith

The problem with my wife taking my Tango, would be all the groans and moans from everyone when she "pinks it out" She is trying to get someone to cerakote the Rock River in a Bengal pattern with white, hot pink and blue. I think Mike would fly out here and box my ears if I let her do that to a Tango.

I know the tango stock will be perfect for my needs, it is very similar to the stock I currently use.

I talked to Mike yesterday, and he is extremely busy right now, and doesn't know when he can get the Tango out the door. Guess I can wait longer, and I'll try not to pester him so he can get some stuff done, hopefully my Tango and a few others for guys that are waiting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Highlands122</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The problem with my wife taking my Tango, would be all the groans and moans from everyone when she "pinks it out" She is trying to get someone to cerakote the Rock River in a Bengal pattern with white, hot pink and blue. I think Mike would fly out here and box my ears if I let her do that to a Tango. </div></div>

You'd better not touch that Birdsong, Hot Pink Tiger Stripes on that rifle will get you horsewhipped, and Mike will have to wait his turn in line!
wink.gif

Congrats on the new Tango, doesn't get any finer than a TacOps.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Highlands122</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I talked to Mike yesterday, and he is extremely busy right now, and doesn't know when he can get the Tango out the door. Guess I can wait longer, and I'll try not to pester him so he can get some stuff done, hopefully my Tango and a few others for guys that are waiting. </div></div>

This made me chuckle. I know exactly where you coming from. I called Mike the other day on an update on my Delta 51 and I believe he said something to the effect of, “ I am eyeballs deep”. I believe your right though about not bugging him to much, at least with trivial BS. I read a thread by Chubby on the hide about one of his buddies that may have call Mike one to many times and got a penis etched onto his bottom metal of his Echo 51
grin.gif
cry.gif
laugh.gif
LOL. It was all a joke and the video was pretty funny to watch.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aries64</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brinkhdlow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can totally relate to the anticipation of a rifles arrival. I myself have a Delta 51 that should be making its way out of Mike’s hands into mine any day now. YAOG said it best, until you have lined up behind one, you have no idea. A buddy I met at training in Utah had an Echo 51. I did not get a chance to shoot it, but I did get to fondle it
grin.gif
. After talking to him, looking at the gun and his team placing in the top three, I decided to call Mike. What I found most interesting about Tac Ops rifles is when I was researching the rifles, I was only able to fine ONE negative thing posted about them from anyone who owned or ever owned one and that was the price, but come on! How can you expect to purchase a Ferrari 458 for the price of Ford Focus! The only thing I am afraid of is when she gets here, I know I am going to try and convince myself to order another in either 300 win mag of 338! Who the hell am I kidding, I’ll be convinced; I’ll need to convince my wife! Defiantly keep us posted with a range report. Congates Buddy! Enjoy! </div></div>
I don't think that you'll be trying to convince yourself to buy another - I find it more likely that you'll be trying to figure-out what caliber. I've been thinking about an X-Ray 66 for a while so I'd had a true long range caliber, but I'd also really like to have a .223 for my daughter to shoot so I'm sort of torn between the two. Right now a Tango would fit her better, but she's still growing so maybe the X-Ray 55 (.223) with all of the spacers removed for a shortened LOP is the way to go. Hmmm...

Keith </div></div>

Well, I suppose your right
wink.gif
. I was looking at the Tac 70 photos you posted about a year ago, and I have to say, that is one mean looking S.O.B. I bet that would get the “long range” job done. Did you ever hear what kind of groups it held?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Highlands122</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The problem with my wife taking my Tango, would be all the groans and moans from everyone when she "pinks it out" She is trying to get someone to cerakote the Rock River in a Bengal pattern with white, hot pink and blue. I think Mike would fly out here and box my ears if I let her do that to a Tango.

I know the tango stock will be perfect for my needs, it is very similar to the stock I currently use.</div></div>
"OD" & "Black" is one of my favorite combinations, so I like Tac Op's traditional contrasting Green-T and Black-T finish. I agree that it would be a shame for your wife to spray over the Birdsong as a fashion statement, but it's not my gun or money and I don't have to live with her.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Highlands122</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I talked to Mike yesterday, and he is extremely busy right now, and doesn't know when he can get the Tango out the door. Guess I can wait longer, and I'll try not to pester him so he can get some stuff done, hopefully my Tango and a few others for guys that are waiting. </div></div>
I saw your Tango 51 just before it was boxed-up and loaded on the Fed-Ex truck - I suspect that you'll be getting a call from your FFL soon. As always, beautiful work - but the engraving on the William's floorplate is an extra nice touch.

Keith

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brinkhdlow</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Highlands122</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I talked to Mike yesterday, and he is extremely busy right now, and doesn't know when he can get the Tango out the door. Guess I can wait longer, and I'll try not to pester him so he can get some stuff done, hopefully my Tango and a few others for guys that are waiting. </div></div>

This made me chuckle. I know exactly where you coming from. I called Mike the other day on an update on my Delta 51 and I believe he said something to the effect of, “ I am eyeballs deep”. I believe your right though about not bugging him to much, at least with trivial BS. I read a thread by Chubby on the hide about one of his buddies that may have call Mike one to many times and got a penis etched onto his bottom metal of his Echo 51
grin.gif
cry.gif
laugh.gif
LOL. It was all a joke and the video was pretty funny to watch. </div></div>
Murel -

I know that you haven't called Mike nearly enough to warrant a boner floorplate. Seriously - I know guys get all excited about their rifles, but Mike 's busier than shit to begin with, but when guys are calling him 10 times a day (that's no shit) how the fuck can the man work? Not everyone does that, but some do. Not to slight any other shops, but what Mike and his crew do is unlike any other work in the industry, and that level of machining detail, fitting, and finish takes a lot of time. And every time the phone rings and Mike has to read a text he has to start over where he left off all over again.

Anyway, I saw your Delta 51 in a vice yesterday - sweet! Mike said he just had to make some final adjustments on it so I suspect that it should be shipping soon. Williams floorplates are nice, but the Tac Ops bottom metal (like you and I have) is in a whole different league.

BTW, Tac Ops has built numerous Tac 70s', but if it was a year ago that particular Tac 70 was coated in a three-color Birdsong camo pattern and bedded into a Manner's T4A epoxy-painted to match the Birdsong. I posted photos of it in <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">"Tac Ops "Tac 70" .338 Lapua in Birdsong Camo!"</span></span>.

Range report coming soon.

Keith

For all of you that have not ordered from Mike before, or are waiting on their first order, I will tell you what I have learned , this is purely my experience YMMV!
Mike works in a different world of time, I was told 8-9 months and have been waiting 19. I have had Mike say that he will call me in a couple of days and not hear from him for weeks. Mike will say call me in the morning, which means sometime in the next week when I get a free moment I'll answer the phone call from you. I know that he gets A LOT of tire kickers, or people that are not serious, so he has alot of wasted time, it took me several weeks to get to him initially and that is when I said I had cash in hand and I want to buy or I'll go somewhere else. Yes, I paid cash up front in full except for shipping and a freebie that Mike threw in for personal reasons, it did not make my build go any faster.. Aries I think you are in the know more than most of us, so my tip to all of ya out there that are going to order from him, BE PATIENT, He will call you!!! I should have got a double penis on my floorplate, but the most I called him was three times in one day.

Mike is slow, but I was always able to get a hold of him. Probably mainly because I would call him at the right time (about 1800 Pacific) and because I wouldn't call him a lot. Once a week max, but usually every couple of months.

I didn't ask him to quote a build time when I ordered... mainly because I knew he would take a while and I figured he would underestimate. The last few weeks were actually the hardest part of the wait.

There are two vendors that I have dealt with that will absolutely guarantee their work no questions asked and that is Mike Rescigno and Dillon Precision.

I always draw the short straw on equipment. I have had just about everything fail on me. With both Tac Ops and Dillon, I would call to troubleshoot and they would tell me to send it over. Even the good vendors will try to convince you that the problem is you and need a little bit of coaxing. These two are into extreme service. And with Tac Ops, you are getting the best on the market for what it is.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Carter Mayfield</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike is slow, but I was always able to get a hold of him. Probably mainly because I would call him at the right time (about 1800 Pacific) and because I wouldn't call him a lot. Once a week max, but usually every couple of months.

I didn't ask him to quote a build time when I ordered... mainly because I knew he would take a while and I figured he would underestimate. <span style="font-weight: bold">The last few weeks were actually the hardest part of the wait.</span>

There are two vendors that I have dealt with that will absolutely guarantee their work no questions asked and that is Mike Rescigno and Dillon Precision.

I always draw the short straw on equipment. I have had just about everything fail on me. With both Tac Ops and Dillon, I would call to troubleshoot and they would tell me to send it over. Even the good vendors will try to convince you that the problem is you and need a little bit of coaxing. These two are into extreme service. And with Tac Ops, you are getting the best on the market for what it is. </div></div>

Where's my LIKE button!!! So PC and on the money

If you're a needy individual who can't bare the thought of waiting a year more, I suggest you consider something else.

This is not for impulse buyers who feel the need to talk to the smith once a week to see how things are going.

Mike is happy to talk to you, but the more you talk the less he can actually do. Combine that with his OCD when it comes to his build, and you have a combination that takes a lot of time.

When you get it, you can see every little nuance of work that went into the rifle, there is no question there. But some people just don't do well waiting.

I personally have no issue with waiting, or not even talking to the builder. When it is ready, they always let you know, and Mike is happy to call and update you when he has something to update. But for guys who obsess over this stuff... buy something off the shelf, cause nothing drives a smith crazier than a needy customer who wants his rifle yesterday.

Heck Mike didn't like one thing with my rifle and practically started over with it, so that started the entire process all over again. Did I care, no, that is Mike and it's part of why you get a Tac Ops Rifle. Comes with the territory, embrace it or prepare yourself for a big let down.

Aries
I was looking at the pics of your X-ray again, while I was wiping the drool from my chin I noticed a black hole on the left side of the stock right above the back of the Larue mount, above the pod loc. What is that???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you're a needy individual who can't bare the thought of waiting a year more, I suggest you consider something else.

This is not for impulse buyers who feel the need to talk to the smith once a week to see how things are going.

Mike is happy to talk to you, but the more you talk the less he can actually do. Combine that with his OCD when it comes to his build, and you have a combination that takes a lot of time.

When you get it, you can see every little nuance of work that went into the rifle, there is no question there. But some people just don't do well waiting.

I personally have no issue with waiting, or not even talking to the builder. When it is ready, they always let you know, and Mike is happy to call and update you when he has something to update. But for guys who obsess over this stuff... buy something off the shelf, cause nothing drives a smith crazier than a needy customer who wants his rifle yesterday.

Heck Mike didn't like one thing with my rifle and practically started over with it, so that started the entire process all over again. Did I care, no, that is Mike and it's part of why you get a Tac Ops Rifle. Comes with the territory, embrace it or prepare yourself for a big let down. </div></div>
Well said, and right on the money <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Lowlight</span></span>.

Keith

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Highlands122</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Aries
I was looking at the pics of your X-ray again, while I was wiping the drool from my chin I noticed a black hole on the left side of the stock right above the back of the Larue mount, above the pod loc. What is that??? </div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A flush cup mount for a sling ... </div></div>
As <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Lowlight</span></span>, it's a flush cup mount for a sling.

Keith

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you're a needy individual who can't bare the thought of waiting a year more, I suggest you consider something else. </div></div>

or...

If you're a PITA who's going to needlessly call and waste Mike's time, please find another builder.
wink.gif

As Lowlight, it's a flush cup mount for a sling.

Thanks for the info. In the late 70's my dad and I were just putting regular swivel studs in the side of the forearm and butt to get a rifle to lay flat on our backs. Most of these were 94's, my 32 special (first hunting rifle) still bears these to this day. I guess an old firedog can learn something new.

Well I have great news and some that truly blows!!!! I was laying in the hospital bed recovering from emergency ortho surgery multiple fractures/pieces on left femoral neck, when I got the call!!!! Now the question is how to get from here to there and get it home, so I can have some solace during my misery, and something to push harder for during recovery. Mike R already called and gave me his condolences and chewed me a new one at the same time. Gotta love that man!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well I have great news and some that truly blows!!!! I was laying in the hospital bed recovering from emergency ortho surgery multiple fractures/pieces on left femoral neck, when I got the call!!!! Now the question is how to get from here to there and get it home, so I can have some solace during my misery, and something to push harder for during recovery. Mike R already called and gave me his condolences and chewed me a new one at the same time. Gotta love that man!!!!</div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Mark feel better and hurry up and get your ass to the Gun Store and pick up your platform
wink.gif

Mike
Tac Ops</span>

They look great in person!!!! BIL took these for me, and he liked the rifle even being a "non gun guy". Now I just gotta get the leg/hip back in action to get to the range.

Good hell do I want one of these.

Now to figure out if I have the patience for the turnaround time.

They are worth the wait!!! Just think of it this way, it isn't much longer of a wait than trying to buy an AR right now.

Highlands
Very nice looking rifle. The workmanship looks exceptional.
Have a question as to why these are setup as a bdl instead of a dbm system?

The workmanship is outstanding, and I believe mike can set them up DBM, but I can't remember the reason he doesn't like to, but you can be assured it has to to with valid logical reasons.
I wanted the ultimate in accurate hunting out to 5-600, so for me it wasn't even a choice, plus I have used bdl's for most of my hunting life. I wanted to ensure lazer performance in 308 150-180 gr pills. If I want high capacity mags, I have other rifles for that kind of work.