• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tannerite question

Dunraven

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Feb 1, 2019
What would be the shelf life of tannerite-like products AFTER the 2 components have been mixed?

It does go bad, but I think that will depend on moisture and humidity. We had a couple from the fall pumpkin shoot that we finally shot in the early spring and they sucked. They had about 30% boom of fresh stuff.

Bizarre question but.

What if you vacuum seal it.

Lol. No idea of what that will do to it.

What would be the shelf life of tannerite-like products AFTER the 2 components have been mixed?
I wouldn’t be transporting mixed tannerite for manily saftey reasons.

It is also illegal to store or transport mixed tannerite if that matters to you.

5B760977-ABC9-4B27-9B3D-5C9F9BAECD99.png

At our local range they do not allow Tannerite, or like targets, and I know they say the targets will not cause a fire but from passed experience I know they do. It is a fast burning explosion afterall.
May be it is not Tannerite but something like it that will ignite a fire but it does happen and I saw it myself.
Were it me, I would only mix enough of the components together that I was going to shoot at that time. I would mix no more than that. If there were targets left over I would put them all together and there would be a really big BANG.
The components, by themselves, are safe, it is when you mix them together that a boom can take place.
Don't get me wrong that I do not really enjoy a big boom as I do. I have set off more than a few myself and enjoyed the hell out of it.
It is really punk of people to mix up a big Tannerite and place it on top of one of the wood 4X4 upright posts that support the target frames and shoot it and set it off and laugh about how that post turned to splinters, then load up and leave.
Who do you think is going to have to go out there and replace that 4X4? It sure as fuck wasn't the people who blew it up, but I digress.
IMHO if you mix a target, shoot it, don't haul home a mixed target, unless you want to drive along with a bomb in the back seat.
This comes to you from Fudd Central but sometimes Fudd knows his shit. FM