• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Target Data Book

RemingtonSPS

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 1, 2008
Tri-Cities, WA
I shoot tactical matches as often as i can but the only time i would use a data book is for load developement, calling shots, and recording atmospheric conditions during practice on paper targets. So i am looking for more of a non tactical practice data book (no silhouttes, or head shot stuff).

My question is: "What practice data book do you guys use or would recommend that meets the following criteria?

Water resistant
Places to write in atmospheric conditions (baro, hum, temp)
Wind speed and direction
Places to handwrite drop charts
Places to write in detailed load info
Under $30

Thanks in advance guys. I realize this is a tactical based website so if you only use the tactical style data book feel free to pass.

Re: Target Data Book

Check out Impact Data Books, they have all the tactical stuff but plenty of non tactical stuff. Super customizable for all types of shooting, you will find no better options IRT customization. Also you will find they are highly recommended here.

Impact Data Books

~2ND

Also don't forget they can make custom books based exactly on your needs. I don't know the associated costs with this, but i bet it is reasonable.

~2ND

100 book minimum order and $35 setup fee. I found some on their website that is almost perfect. Alot of the time we use our reticles to pick out 1/2moa targets on cliff faces at multiple distances for practice. This sheet to me is only missing a couple of things. I would like one that has spaces for your dope then corrected dope (if you missed). Multiple wind values (and wind values for each target engagement). And a space for each targets cosine. Maybe it would be best to have them make me a custom one but it would take a while to go through 100 books
smile.gif

databooksheet.jpg

Hey MuleHunter the 100 books is on a custom binder run.

We can work with you on a custom page if you would like a custom page is $25 setup fee and then normal price set. Drop me a email with your needs and we can get you taken care of if you would like.

Thank you i will. I am leaving for a match tomorrow at 8am and won't be back untill sunday. I will draw up what i was thinking on the way to the match, scan it, and e-mail it to you by Monday.

I picked one up from shotdatasystems.com. It worked perfect. It had everything I have been looking for.

Nomad
Here is what i was thinking. This would allow me to practice in 20 round sessions with 4 different target engagements from multiple positions, cosines, distances, target sizes, and could also be used for load developement.

I like how your headings are set up. I would like mine the same, black background white lettering on the main headings and grey in the elevation/windage areas, just like what i posted above.

logbook-1.jpg

I would like to have mine made. Can you pm me a price and perhaps a sample of what it would look like finished? Thanks

Jesse Hull

Jesse we are working on it now PM inbound!!