• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Target group size app - for Android

Merlin O

Private
Minuteman
Sep 2, 2006
Friendswood TX
Looking for an Android app to measure group sizes from photos. Something like SubMOA would be perfect but - it's Apple only....
Anyone?

I use BallisticsX. I like everything about it except it will only allow you to measure one group per picture. For my purposes it's not a deal breaker, but at times I wish that I could measure multiple groups on a single picture.

I emailed the developer regarding multi group functionality as well as extending the measurements to 3 decimal places. Here is the reply that I received...

"We are working on an update to allow multi group processing. As for the .xxx, we may also add that in the near future! We decided upon launch that .xx was within the tolerance of measuring."

I use BallisticsX. I like everything about it except it will only allow you to measure one group per picture. For my purposes it's not a deal breaker, but at times I wish that I could measure multiple groups on a single picture.

I just export and use the saved picture...

885911E2-45CE-43BA-82CA-BFB5BFC61E2A.jpeg

Last edited:
Do any of these measure your groups like on card board. For example I just draw a black dot on paper or cardboard or even sometimes just aim at a bullet hole. Any software work with that or just use calipers?

Do any of these measure your groups like on card board. For example I just draw a black dot on paper or cardboard or even sometimes just aim at a bullet hole. Any software work with that or just use calipers?
That’s what I do. Just drop a scale in the pic to set 1”
00609F9E-94AE-4476-BC9D-42ED12170DD8.png

With both range buddy and BallisticX you have to give it a reference - that is you have to define a known measurement in the picture. For BallisticX you have to define something that's 1", and range buddy allows you to use any measurement. I usually draw a line or plop down a ruler or something on a target to reference (if the target doesn't already have lines or something of a known size already).

Reactions: nakoa01
With both range buddy and BallisticX you have to give it a reference - that is you have to define a known measurement in the picture. For BallisticX you have to define something that's 1", and range buddy allows you to use any measurement. I usually draw a line or plop down a ruler or something on a target to reference (if the target doesn't already have lines or something of a known size already).
With Ballistic-X you can use any distance - you just need to define it in the settings first.

Reactions: CodeMonkey