• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Target Master Powder Trickler

Suasponte

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 15, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Well I got my Target master Powder Trickler from the UK last week. Have not had any time until tonight to really set it up and try it out. First impression is really good. I set up my RCBS 505 scale for 1gr and trickled 20 charges. All charges was 1.02gn to 1.06, most of which was 1.04gn. I was running IMR-4064 powder and trickling slow for accuracy.

I probably could trickle faster but will play with it to find that happy medium. So far with minimal experience with it I am getting charges +/- one or two kernels of powder.

DSC00856.jpg

DSC00857.jpg

DSC00858.jpg

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2vleqVdiShM"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2vleqVdiShM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

I will post updates as I get more familiar with the unit and more loads thru it.

Terry

Re: Target Master Powder Trickler

Any chance that these are available to us in the U.S.? It appears you found a way...

Allan is a one man show making these! I am sure if you contact him he will accommodate you. He is one hell of a nice guy and willing to help you out. I have not had a whole bunch of time using it.

However, yesterday I loaded (50) 308's with 44gr of RE15. Every charge was confirmed with my Denver Instrument MXX-123 and all was within .06gn.

Email him and I am sure he will try to get you one!

I think he said I was the 2nd one to the states.

Terry

Interesting. So it is trickle only correct? Where you still have to dump the powder and then place it on the beam and let the TM trickle up? Thanks for the vid and info.

about $140 plus shipping?

Yes, CKA it is a trickle only. I dump the poweder in the pan approx 2 grains light, place it on the beam scale and hit the button. It trickles up and shuts off.

Price was $175 shipped from the UK.

Terry

I have seen the video and really like this idea but their website said they could not ship to USA. Has this changed or did you have some "help" getting the unit?

I beleive that he will make them available to the USA if you ask.

However, it is just a one man operation, kind of like Mark with the SS media! He is willing to do so, but there may be a waiting period to get one based on the response.

Terry

Just got done loading 50 308 at 44gr of RE15 with the TM.

I weighed every charge on the DI MXX-123 after trickling.

Every charge was 44.0 to 44.04.

Extremely happy with this equipment and Allan's help.

Terry

Here is some ammo I loaded with the TM and chrono'd. All loads was 44.0gr to 44.04gr checked on the MXX-123 and not modified.

44grre15TM.jpg

Terry

suasponte, give us an update. How is it working after a few months?

I love it! Very consistent on the charges.

Also, Allan in the UK has been keeping me up with updates and upgrades to it.

Overall if you are using a balance type scale to load this is the way to go.

Terry

He is working on a new sensor for the lyman m5 scale. Have not emailed him lately to follow up. He had a death in the family and is busy handling the estate.

Terry