• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Target Pics

muzzlebreaker

Private
Minuteman
Aug 28, 2014
newest phone 727.jpg

more pics

tried to upload more pics including this group covered by a quarter including the splatter, and another one covered by a nickel. I guess my pics are too big and exceed file size allowed. I know that's kind of anti-climatic but I swear, I have photographic evidence of a 3/4 in. group and a 1/2 in group at 140yds with a ruger american in .308. Sorry for the tech issues, but this file uploader doesn't seem to co-operate with me.

It may very well shoot those groups, BUT....how repeatable is it? Have you seen if your groups open up after that barrel heats up? Not trying to be a prick I'm just curious. I thought about picking one up for a lighter deer rifle. Judging by the holes in your target, I'm assuming its a 30 cal?

It may very well shoot those groups, BUT....how repeatable is it? Have you seen if your groups open up after that barrel heats up? Not trying to be a prick I'm just curious. I thought about picking one up for a lighter deer rifle. Judging by the holes in your target, I'm assuming its a 30 cal?

As I matter of fact, I ran this test and I think your question is a good one. I too had the same question. The group I mentioned that was Nickel size was after shooting 15-20 shots. Also I have shot it at steel gongs from 140 to 640yds(the steel is 40 yds past the target pit at the range) As far as groups on paper at that range I have not had the chance for that but I get hits all day long on the 18", 12" and I think its an 8" gong, at those ranges. Repeated firing does not seem to effect the accuracy once the barrel gets hot. Each yardage is usually 10-20 shots each. And yes it is a .308. Factory ammo performs well, and since my purchase I have learned to reload also and I am having great success.

Last edited:
By the way, I will be shooting the next 600yd any any comp at the local rifle club in September. I don't expect to win but I will take some practice runs on paper. I will keep posting after I get group size on paper past the hundred yd mark.

What amount of time did it take to shoot the 15-20 shot string? If it was under a minute and then you shot the group at 100yds and a nickel covered it, that is impressive...

wow, I dint think about the time but I would say more than a minute but not more than 2.

Hmm might have to pick one up. Hopefully it's a shooter like yours seems to be! BTW who cares if you don't win I'm sure it will be a good time, and learning experience!

Hmm might have to pick one up. Hopefully it's a shooter like yours seems to be! BTW who cares if you don't win I'm sure it will be a good time, and learning experience!

Fun and learning is what I enjoy about this sport the most.