• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Target stands

pickpick

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 25, 2008
Jonesboro,Ar.
Here is a target stand I built today for my conceal carry classes I teach. I used 1" screws to secure the fittings so I can disassemble it in sections if I need to replace a piece and for transport. Built all of it for $34.75 plus cost of lumber. It's built from 1-1/2 pvc pipe. Just thought I would share.

I need to build something like this I am always trying to find somthing to hang my target on here in the desert

Haven't had them in much wind to speak of yet. I'll know the closer to winter I get. It's been calm and muggy till this week. It seems pretty sturdy by pushing against the targets.

Looks good how does it handle wind

Ha! That's the first thing I thought of when I saw them.
A couple strategically placed sandbags or concrete blocks(or screw stakes depending on your ground type) will generally keep this type of set up upright.

Drill some 3/8" holes in each of the legs and drive in some landscaping spikes into the ground. Used this method in the past and it worked well in most winds.

I made some for my range a used 2" pipe for the bottom and reduced it up for the stands, filled the 2" with sand. Worked really well but again I wasn't concerned about moving them. Ended up burying the stands into the dirt by 2" to reduce frags (from the surrounding steel) and to keep it from any movement.

My 2 cents......