• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Target Stencils

jpistolero02

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 9, 2008
Austin, TX
Does anyone have good suggestions for spraying center dots on steel plates? I have some plates of various sizes and thought there might be some good ideas for spraying center dots. I could always just cut some cardboard, but thought you guys might have better ideas.

Cut mine on art paper. Think there was one target seller. Just don't remember company name/website.

I made myself some stencils out of 1/4” thick hardboard and a couple are plywood. They are about 14” wide and about 18” long. I drilled/cut a center hole representing 1 MOA at that distance. I have 3” for 300 yards, 4” for 400”, 5” for 500, etc.. I used them now for about 10 years and they are just as good as they were when I made them.

coroplast is another option.

I've made stencils out of the flexible plastic cutting boards you can get in the home goods section at Walmart, Target, places like that. They cut easy, stay out the way, and don't mind if they get bent out of shape a little.

1615413784976.png

I use cardboard, and cut holes, shapes, and patterns with a razor knife.

Works good enough for no money spent.

Cardboard or vinyl sheets. Cardboard is easy but the vinyl sheets are overall better.