• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Target Teck still in buisness ?

aam

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 28, 2009
Local fish & chip shop
Hello all,

Anyone know if Target teck is still in buisness.
Have tried to get hold of him for a while, (4 months) but to no avail. Sent him the money, got nothing in return. There is someone on the Hide that's a distributer for them. Hopefully
they can chime in. I hope he's not running a scam.

Here is the link.
http://www.targetteck.com/

Albert

Re: Target Teck still in business ?

There was a thread on FCSA about the guy that runs this. So far he has not delivered to ANYONE who has ordered. I will post all the info for you including an email to a member I know. Also the information known and you can go from there. This is ALL the information I have. No more.

First the email. It says they will ship in a month and the email is now 4 months old.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You may have already received the following email from the folks at TargetTeck, but I thought I would put it out there for all concerned. I was in the identical position as you, being charged for a unit I did not receive, no response to my inquiries and finally giving up and having my account recredited by the credit card company. Yesterday I received this email, which I will have to retype here as I'm not very computer savvy when it comes to attachments:

775-841-1124

Att. Targetteck Customer

We are sending you this letter to inform you that we have encountered a major quality problem with our transmitter manufacture (sic). Over the past several months we have returned many Transmitters back to the manufacture (sic) for replacement they did not replace or repair any of the returned units (sic). As a result this has caused us to stop shipping any units at this time. We have contracted with a new manufacture (sic) to produce these units. We have received a limited quantity for evaluation and expect to receive production quantities by the first of September. We have finally reached an agreement with the old manufacture (sic) to provide a refund from all defective units so we can continue to produce new units. We are not asking any of our customers to wait any longer. Please contact your Credit card Company and have the charge removed stated reason Remote VideoTeck has no way to issue a credit. Your full refund should take a couple of days. We apologize for this but we are not able to issue credits at this time. We have arranged with our bank to repay the merchant center when we receive charge backs. Again we are sorry that we did not handle this problem in a more professional way. To compound matters we moved our office and when we did the provider could not transfer the phone number to the new site. In addition our E Mail service has just recently been transferred.

We will be shipping new improved units in the next month or so which has a larger transmitter, increased battery time to 5 to 7 hours instead of 1 to 3 hours. At that time we will send you a notice that we can ship new unit (sic) for your evaluation and consider action with no obligation on your part. You can evaluate the unit for 30 days and if you decide to purchase please notify us and we will then bill you. If for any reason you decide not to keep the unit simply take it back to any UPS store or UPS driver and use the return shipper we provide. You will have no charge for the return cost.

We have seen over the past months the need for our Video Spotting Scopes and were able to ship several hundred units with no problems and we hope to continue to do so. Please again accept our sincere apologies for any problems we may have caused.

If you know anyone that is having a problem with their Targetteck unit please pass this Notice to them. We have set up an E Mail address only for this problem so we can better respond to our customers' needs. That address is [email protected].

Best Regards

Ron Kunzel </div></div>

I have his home address as well as phone number and all the business info and phone numbers but I will not post on the forum without permission from a moderator pm'ing me saying it is OK.

Re: Target Teck still in business ?

Mechanic,

Thanks for the reply. I got roughly the same e-mail, (moved to new location, problems with transmitter, going to new ion-batteries)

By the looks of things he's now running a scam. He may have been a legit company a few years ago but not now, deceiving people that he's still making the units.

Thanks again

Albert