• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TargetMaster Lyman M5 Sensor

Suasponte

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 15, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I just received my Proto-type Lyman M5 sensor for my Targetmaster powder trickler from Allan in the UK. The sensor has been made to replace the existing tower type that comes with the original unit. I have been bugging him for about a year and finally Santa showed up on the front porch. The unit clamps onto the M5 scale instend of sitting in front of the scale. This allows me room to place the webcam right in front of the needle for a better all round veiw. The operation is exactly the same as the origianl unit. I am so pleased with what he made and cannot thank him enough for what he has done for me over the past few years.

I have been running it for the past several days and it is functioning behond my expectations. Setting the unit up to run 44 grains of RE15 with 43 grains worth of check weights allowing 1 grain of powder to be trickled. Multiple charges have all (50+ in a row) yeilded exact charges of 1 grain checked on my DI MXX123.

M5Sensor2.jpg

M5Sensor1.jpg

M5Sensor3.jpg

As you can see in the photos I set my scales up on a 1" thick peice of granite counter top that I picked up off a guy at a flea market. I used a bunch of 45ACP glued to the granite top around the scale and where the original tower unti was to limit the movement of the sensor and scale. This grealty increased the effecientcy of the scale.

I also wnat to add that Scott Parker did one hell of a good job tuning the scale. With this setup I have been getting consistant sub 60fps spread in 10 shot groups. I am extremely pleased with Allans setup and Scott's work on my M5.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3OpcFRox4aY"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3OpcFRox4aY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Terry

Re: TargetMaster Lyman M5 Sensor

I have had a few Pm's regarding the type of webcam I am using. It is a "Logitech".
I have tried about 6 webcams and this is the best one I have found.

Also, Allan has stated to me that he will make these sensors for those of you that want them. However, he is backed up trying to keep up with the Targetmaster's. All I can say is contact him and I am sure he will do all he can to take care of you.

Terry

I didn't say anything abou the hunk of marble in my PM, I really like that too, using what I beleave is worn out cases is another great idea.

Interesting! I was under the impression that the target master is only available to UK shooters. How does a Texan get one?

Yeah the granite counter top was a great addition. Also locking the scale into a stationary place along the with sensor greatly increased the accuarcy. I set up another scale for a buddy (minus the Targetmaster) on a peice of granite and he loves the setup also. Any counter top shop will have drop materials such as the cut outs for sinks that you can talk them into for $5-$10. Hell I have had a guy just set them outside for anyone to take.

As for contacting Allan and getting a Targetmaster.

Contact him thru his webpage >>> "Targetmaster"

He is a great guy and a fellow shooter and reloader. He is of the same cloth as Mark and I have nothing but good things to say of both.

Terry