• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes tasco propoint, junk?

badshooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 5, 2008
South Arkansas
I have an older model PDP2 made in Japan. I dont know where the new ones are made, but I was wondering if its worth keeping on my AR or are they junk? I was looking at an Aimpoint , but when I found this, I thought I might give it a try for a while. I know its nowhere near aimpoint quality. The dot is a little fuzzy, especialy at brighter settings. Are the aimpoints clearer?

Re: tasco propoint, junk?

Not sure If I am the only one that is partial but I classify EVERY Tasco as JUNK... I just don't like any product I have ever owned that had that name on the side.

You would be better off spending the extra coin and getting something, Hell ANYTHING other than a Tasco...

Just to clarify, I didn't buy this. I, too refuse to knowingly buy chinese optics, or anything for that matter. Just looking for an opinion whether to target something with it, or use it as the target!

I have an OLD tasco on my 30-06. I have one before they turned to junk. It works great and it is as clear as a luepold

I've has a tasco pro point on my .22 pistol now for three years and as wet as it has got and the amount of abuse it's taken it's still as bright as it was the day I bought it. The come with optical filters now that cut out the glare and make that dot clear as a bell