• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Taurus 1911

lukeyn

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 10, 2007
Ohio, USA
Traded my xd for a 1911. Noticed the finished was lacking and always wanted a tan frame/black slide 1911 (kimber covert) but the price is too much. So here it is.

Re: Taurus 1911

i have that exact gun....has over 5000 rounds through it without so much as a hiccup....the ambi safety switch fell off of the right side one time while shooting...i just slid it back in....

i have only cleaned it twice in over 5000 rounds also
grin.gif

bench

the duracoat tactical dark earth is more grey then I would like, not enough tan/brown.

I Love my 1911 Kimber. My favorite handgun of mine by far! SpenceD What do you like so much about the Hogue wraparound. I have thought about getting one but, nothing has really swayed me enough to do so, maybe a little insight will push the envelop.

I had a guy bring me a Taraus 1911 that had the saftey plunger and spring missing. I said no problem as I have tons of misc. 1911 parts to service my collection. Well, turns out that Taraus made the plunger tube and associated parts a smaller diameter than the standard 1911 design and my parts wouldn't work. I wonder how many other little surprises there are lurking for the poor sap that may break or lose a part just to find out that their 1911 really isn't.

my friend has those grips on his 1911 and they are awesome. Mold to your hand. my opinion though, they are ugly.

im not sure if i can actually pinpoint the perfection of it but it just feels so good, and its only 20$ so if you dont like it no big loss. ive actually found that i am more acurate with it too. the finger inlay just fits me perfectly. i want to get one for my kimber CDP II Ultra but i cant justify replacing a 300$ Crimson Trace with 20$ worth of rubbery perfection! maybe if i figure out how to post pics on here ill post one of my 1911 with the wraparound.