• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Taurus .380 mag problems

khall540

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 20, 2011
Beaver Dam, WI
I have a brand new Taurus PT 138 PRO .380 I picked up for my fiance last year. This thing has maybe 25 rounds through it. I pulled it out of the safe to check it out and cleared the magazine. While attempting to place the rounds back into the metal 12 round mag, it gets really tight after about 4 or 5 rounds and I can't get any more to go in. It feels like something is binding or the spring won't compress. Is this a normal problem with these? Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks.

Re: Taurus .380 mag problems

After further inspection I think I figured it out. It looks like the red plastic follower was getting snagged up on the cut-out hole on the backside of the mag that tells you how many rounds is in the mag. I had to push the red plastic back into the hole while pushing down on the top round to get the spring to compress. What a piece of shit this thing is.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: khall540</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> What a piece of shit this thing is. </div></div>

It is a taurus...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cpt. obvious</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: khall540</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> What a piece of shit this thing is. </div></div>

It is a taurus... </div></div>

I had that happen on a TCP .380, I just bent it back a bit. Sold it recently after having other issues that were repaired under warranty. Did not trust it with my life so it had to go.

I picked up this one last year for my GF as a Christmas present. I'm not very impressed with it and only have about 40 rounds through it. I'm trying to talk her into letting me get rid of it and get her a glock 17 or something...

In my experience it is time for a new one after you empty the first magazine....