• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Taurus GX4 DROP FIRING and Safety Recall

Milf Dots

Milf Hunter Extraordinaire
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 21, 2019
On the heels of Taurus' federal court ordered Safety Recall of nearly a million pistols of almost 20 different models, Taurus has yet another Safety Recall for DROP FIRING- this time the Taurus GX4.

It's true that almost every gun manufacturer has had safety related recalls of pistols over the last 30 years, with many of them just in the last 10-15 years.

But some gun makers have had numerous models recalled for "drop firing/unintentional discharging/non-working manual safeties": Taurus, Walther, S&W, Ruger...

I thought I remembered some Taurus fanbois here on SH. Maybe that was just other gun forums.

I thought I remembered some Taurus fanbois here on SH. Maybe that was just other gun forums.
Ya I knew it, theirs always got to be an asshole in the bunch Trolling for Taurus luver's .. . I got lucky....LOL . with the 2 Taurus i got. ended up as keeper's . 80's snub nose .38spl with nice finish, deep blueing, and trigger like Butter . Also I kept a PT145 Millen.Pro .45acp Stainless w/heine sights .

Ya I knew it, theirs always got to be an asshole in the bunch Trolling for Taurus luver's .. . I got lucky....LOL . with the 2 Taurus i got. ended up as keeper's . 80's snub nose .38spl with nice finish, deep blueing, and trigger like Butter . Also I kept a PT145 Millen.Pro .45acp Stainless w/heine sights .
Pointing out the consistently poor QA/QC of the very inexpensive Taurus firearms doesn't make me an AH, it's a public service announcement. There is plentiful evidence of concerning Taurus QA/QC problems over at least 25 years.

BTW, your PT145 is part of the federal court ordered safety recall of nearly a million Taurus pistols- for drop fire/non-functioning manual safeties/unintentional discharges. (Knowing one has a "court ordered, safety-recalled" firearm and keeping it anyway, would probably make you liable for negligence if an accident occurs):

Reactions: softcock
..."always an Asshole trolling for Taurus lovers ". was said in 'internet Jest' / I am sure you are a nice guy .
-
The PT145 millennial Pro SS Taurus gen.2 Is a DAO .45acp . Now there were SA models .
I don't believe it possible on my pistol. never heard of any documented incidence of a 'drop fire' with this model . also No one I have talked to has actually been able to explained to me how this DAO model can fire when dropped tested .

For a Taurus it actually not to shabby example of a dependable carry . I have had it for many years, and shot the hell out it, I Never get rid of it .. holds 10+1, runs flawless, it exactly same size as my G26, Appendix carry's great . Stainless matte finish, and slide is nicely de-horned all the way around , trigger is very consistent smooth pull with and nice reset .

..."always an Asshole trolling for Taurus lovers ". was said in 'internet Jest' / I am sure you are a nice guy .
-
The PT145 millennial Pro SS Taurus gen.2 Is a DAO .45acp . Now there were SA models .
I don't believe it possible on my pistol. never heard of any documented incidence of a 'drop fire' with this model . also No one I have talked to has actually been able to explained to me how this DAO model can fire when dropped tested .

For a Taurus it actually not to shabby example of a dependable carry . I have had it for many years, and shot the hell out it, I Never get rid of it .. holds 10+1, runs flawless, it exactly same size as my G26, Appendix carry's great . Stainless matte finish, and slide is nicely de-horned all the way around , trigger is very consistent smooth pull with and nice reset .
Regardless of your feelzees, your pistol appears to be on the list, which makes you liable in the case of an accident.

The recalled Taurus pistols weren't just due to drop firing, there were also unaltered Taurus pistols that would fire when the pistol was shaken hard/jarred as proven by Brazilian LE, manual safeties that appeared to function but didn't...

Let go of your emotions and call Taurus about your pistol- it'll make you feel good about yourself to act like an adult. :LOL:

It's just a Taurus.

I am moved by your honest concerns for my legal liabilities, and for safety of others around me.

• Haha
Reactions: Milf Dots