• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors taurus pt1911

mikieg

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 23, 2008
sapulpa oklahoma
today i was at the gun show and saw this pistol in stainless with the integral tac mount. it was marked $600. anyone know anything about these?

Re: taurus pt1911

Great gun for the money. Put a new thumb safety on right away though, they missed the mark with that ambi piece of junk that comes with it.

Ditto from me. My old partner said he's been selling the Taurus 1911 right and left (several repeat buyers)- and he took about three boxes of spare parts - disconnectors, triggers, guide rods, hammer/sear combos, etc from a bunch of aftermarket manufacturers that he had laying around to see how close they are spec'd - and everything was as good of a fit for it as any other 1911. I THOROUGHLY trust his opinion - so much so that I went and looked at one on Friday. They are the real deal. Not tight as say an STI, SV or a Kimber from the factory or a custom build,
but very solid. I was impressed by fact that both barrel lugs actually engage the slide stop pretty well, and there was no slop once in battery. I will definitely own one once I get all of my high cap needs taken care of. Feel free to post results, or hell - email or PM me once you shoot some groups. And ditto on the safety. If you can live with it - great. I prefer the Brown ambi, though.
Good shooting!

Just stripped one down for a friend and overall I like the gun, but the fit and finish on it was quite bad. I had to do a lot of deburring on the frame, slide, sides of the hammer, disonnector, trigger, etc. The trigger stirrup was rubbing on the magazine, the trigger pull weight was over 6 pounds with a mile of creep. After a couple of hours with stones, it is all smoothed out, deburred, and has a crisp trigger of 3.5 pounds. Shot it earlier today and was really impressed with accuracy. For the money, I wouldn't hesitate to get one, but figure on spending some time fitting and deburring things.

I've fired one of there early models and the accuracy and function was great for the price, but ditto on fit an finish visually your getting a 600 dollar gun but as for shootabilty well worth it