• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report TBA 6XC Range Report

DRAM40A1

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Oct 15, 2007
    S E of Dallas,TX.
    tba6xcbrake003.jpg

tba6xcbrake002.jpg

tba6xcbrake001.jpg

another6xc001.jpg

I made a poor choice on the brake as you can see. This thing kicks up a bunch of shit!!!! I loaded one cartrige at a time until I got ejector swipes then backed off a half grain and loaded fifteen rounds. I shot 5 before turning the chrono on and then ran 10 over it. I got a few errors so I didn't print the averages but it's doing about 2975 from what I can tell. I am going to chrono again tomorrow and hope to have better luck. 15 rounds in about .620. I think it'll do. As soon as I can get it back to Mike it will be cut to 26 and have a Tubb brake and flush cups on the left side.

Re: TBA 6XC Range Report

any feeding problems? what bottom metal is that, badger? When I burn up my gap .308 barrel I'm going 6xc. What twist?

The straight body of the 6XC case does not present feeding problems in a remmy .473"-based rifle, be it ADL, BDL, or BDM mag systems. The parent case, the 22-250, does not in these configurations also as long as one does not load over 7 rounds in a 10 round mag due to the body taper of the parent case.

My Badger FTE does not fill the scope up with grit like that, so it is another good choice. The Thruster appears also not to fill the scope up, though I don't own one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ptaylor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">any feeding problems? what bottom metal is that, badger? When I burn up my gap .308 barrel I'm going 6xc. What twist? </div></div>

No feeding problems at all. Yes this is the Badger. I also run the 6XC in a T2K which uses DPMS 308 mags. Both of my 6XCs have Schneider 5P barrels in 7.5 twist.

raindogs006.jpg

A pic of my Surgeon 6XC taken this morning while out hunting.

Have you tried the Scenar 105 yet? With a .532 BC and 100fps faster than the 115s it really works well for me.

I'm loading 39.2grs RL17 for a shade under 3100fps out of a 27" Bartlein 7.5tw. 5R.

How is your Norma brass been?

I have not tried the Scenars. I have done some testing with RE17 and got 3080 with the 115. I'm pretty shure it would be above max when it gets hot. That was with 40.5 grns.
    My Norma brass starts to develop donuts after 6 or 7 loadings but the primer pockets are still tight. I seat in front of the donut so I haven't done anything to get rid of them. It looks like my cases will outlive my barrel.LOL.

That's a sweet lookin Surgeon, nice choice of color too. hehehe.

Looks like you've got it going on!

I named my rifle the "X Factor". Might be the ultimate coyote rifle ever.

I've got 445 rounds through mine and its showing some light fire cracks in the throat...nothing major. Hoping to get 1500 to 2000 out of it before changing it out.

Good luck and thanks for sharing! Pat

....DRAM...i can tell from your group that your shorts were riding up on you, there was a X-wind......and your child came from a broken home....and you should switch to Redman....other than that.......your grass needs a mow and get a better lawn chair !

all I saw was "TBA 6XC Range Report" from the main forum and I thought, "That has to be Dearl!"

Good looking rig, man!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">....DRAM...i can tell from your group that your shorts were riding up on you, there was a X-wind......and your child came from a broken home....and you should switch to Redman....other than that.......your grass needs a mow and get a better lawn chair ! </div></div>

It's too damn hot to mow!!!!LOL, Atleast I got grass to mow. In hind sight, I shoulda left the stump a little taller and used it as a barricade. hehehe. What I can tell from the group is beer and shootin don't mix. Hell I started charging cases with no primers in them. Then I tried to seat a bullet with a body die in the press!!!!No more drinking and loading.!!!!

You Texans and your Tubb brakes.... LOL

Great looking rifle, looks like you got a champ!

Thanks fellas, I will be taking it to Tiger Valley saturday to see how the load does at distance. I bumped the charge a little today and was getting 3000 fps with single digit SDs so we will see. I will not be retiring the T2K any time soon. hehehe.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You Texans and your Tubb brakes.... LOL

</div></div>

ScootyPoof and Shark737 just got theirs too. lol

Don't forget the bubble level out front. LOL I shot it again today and you'd think I had been rollin around in the dirt. This is bullshit. Vais breaks suck, or should I say blows!!!!!!hahaha.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">give ME your vias........... </div></div>
    LOL Give me some 7.62 ammo! BTW, it's a VAIS........

I have a 6xc and a 6 cm both are tubb rifles . tyhe CM is based off a 243 casing and uses approx 47 gr of powder compared to the xc.
    Both shoot surprising well to 600 thats the farthest to date.
    I have a 6 BR that will be converted soon ids not sold outright.
    Thanks for the thread
    Bill

Bill, I also have a 6CM but on a Bat Machine action with a 28 inch Bartlein HV. I have not done much with it except fierforming about 15 cases. Are you shooting 115 DTACs? If so, what velocity are you getting? Thanks....

I am shooting 107 moly Sierra match kings at 2900 currently still building up to a load for the rifle had this one for about 3 weeks