• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TBA M40A1-22LR

OutlawTen5

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 1, 2006
Los Alamos, NM
10dysu8.jpg

Texas Brigade Armory M40A1-22LR finally arrived! Just mounted a Leupold MK4 PR 3x9x40 Mildot.
Threaded 1/2x28 w/ thread protector. My littlest daughter is all excited to finally have it here. We'll post range info as soon as we can.
2957pte.jpg

2jfbme8.jpg

331hpo8.jpg

Re: TBA M40A1-22LR

AlabamaShooter, It took about 3 years and was $2,300+ barrel thread and thread protector.

Whew you have more patience than me, great looking rifle. I was going to get a M40A3 from TBA but went with a different smith. Congrats on the build.

That is awesome. Did you use an older 40X action?

Very pretty and probably worth the long wait. Your daughter may have been waiting half her life for it to arrive!! I'm wondering whether the action is fully bedded or what?

Ruger 77/22 action / McM M40A1 fully bedded / Krieger M24/M40 contour.
My littlest girl is 6yrs old. She has consistently asked about it since the day it was ordered. Even though its too big for her, I'll get her behind it and let her try to wear it out. We'll get action photos soon.

Jeez, 3 freakin years!!! I was going to have a M40A1 built by them but decided to go with GAP instead, partly because of the long wait time from TBA. What was the quoted wait time from TBA at the time that you placed your order?

scout1

Nice rifle.

What are mounting on the barrel? 5/8-24 is what my .30 cal can takes. Think most .22 cans are 1/2-28

Bachelor Jack, I'll take a few close pics tomorrow .

Scout1, Mike said it would only take about 3 months, but I knew it'd be awhile.

deersniper, You are correct 1/2-28 --- 5/8-24 was a mistake. I corrected the post. Thanks!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OutlawTen5</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bachelor Jack, I'll take a few close pics tomorrow .
</div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Thank you so very much!!</span>

Can you tell me the screw configuration that it is bolted on with?

Great looking rifle! Was there a particular reason it took 3 years as opposed to the estimate given of 3 months?

So it's basically a Ruger 77/22 in a McM M40 stock with picatinny rail screwed to the top of the action. Is the barrel threaded to the receiver or clamped as standard? Is any part of the barrel bedded or just the action? If McM offered this inlet for their stocks I'm thinking they'd sell a few.

what is the performance like? Assuming impressive with a price tag like that. Looks dang schweet though!

Hello Julien ! Nice to see you here.

Yeah, that would be nice to see targets to see how it shoots. That's a nice rifle.

Last edited:
I've got 3 TBA rifles all took longer than estimated(not that long though). I'm pretty sure that Mike does a lot of work for Law Enforcement and always gives that precedence. Great rifle and Mike's a great guy!

I also have three TBA builds. One each in 308, 260, and 6XC. I guess it helps to be able to hound him in person. None of mine went over 3 months. LOL