• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors TBAC 22 Takedown and SW22 Victory

bgavin

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2018
AL
Finally found a threaded 22 pistol yesterday for my TBAC 22.

It has a o ring behind the thread protector. Do I use the oring with the suppressor or not?

Thanks

Finally found a threaded 22 pistol yesterday for my TBAC 22.

It has a o ring behind the thread protector. Do I use the oring with the suppressor or not?

Thanks
By no means am I an expert but I remove the o ring behind my muzzle break before putting on a suppressor. Not sure why a thread protector would have an o ring behind it.

By no means am I an expert but I remove the o ring behind my muzzle break before putting on a suppressor. Not sure why a thread protector would have an o ring behind it.
Thanks

First time I’ve seen it, but this is my first threaded 22 pistol so I wasn’t sure.

The o-ring is just there to keep the thread protector from loosening. Ruger uses a wave washer for the same purpose. It's not to be used with a suppressor or other muzzle device.

The o-ring is just there to keep the thread protector from loosening. Ruger uses a wave washer for the same purpose. It's not to be used with a suppressor or other muzzle device.
👍

Thanks. Good to know what it’s for.

Remove the o-ring when installing the suppressor. You want the suppressor to bottom out on the squared shoulder. This will keep the suppressor aligned with the bore. Periodically check that the suppressor is tight while using it.

The SilencerCo Sparrow has an o-ring that engages a profiled section in front of the threads to prevent the suppressor from loosening. The barrel must be specially threaded for this feature. It also works with the full thread, but doesn’t give the “locking” feature.

Reactions: bgavin
Remove the o-ring when installing the suppressor. You want the suppressor to bottom out on the squared shoulder. This will keep the suppressor aligned with the bore. Periodically check that the suppressor is tight while using it.

The SilencerCo Sparrow has an o-ring that engages a profiled section in front of the threads to prevent the suppressor from loosening. The barrel must be specially threaded for this feature. It also works with the full thread, but doesn’t give the “locking” feature.
👍. Thanks