• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors TBAC 30P-1 Bushing Help

Jig Stick

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 27, 2010
Pittsburgh PA
I would like to run my new 30-P1 on my .270 hunting rifle. The rifle has a #4 contour sporting barrel on it. I know its OD is well under the minimum required for the 30P threads, so I need to machine or buy some type of bushing to make it work. Does any company sell something like this? I can have my buddy / gunsmith machine me one, but Im not sure how to design it. I would assume the bushing needs to be a little bit longer than the depth of the threads into the can. And have some flat sides to it, so that I could get a spanner wrench onto the bushing to screw it into the 30P-1 tightly? Any ideas of what I should do here?

Hi,

The shoulder requirement is there to hold the suppressor straight. Adding a larger spacer between the can and the shoulder of the rifle doesn't help give it that support if the barrel shoulder is too small. The only way to do it properly is to have a gunsmith "permanently" install a threaded fixture on the barrel that would provide the thread and shoulder interface, in a way that would never move.

hope this helps

For example: If I took a 1in cut off piece of heavy varmint contoured barrel, and threaded it to TBAC 30p specs, that would provide me with "shoulder" for the can to butt up against. Then could I have this bushing threaded to my barrel specs, and "red lock rite" the bushing to my barrel, and be GTG?

That still doesn't solve the problem. The "bushing", needs to have a shoulder to go against to align it.

To make it work, the bushing needs to be permanently installed (threaded on then soldered is best). Then, the barrel can be chucked up, dialed in and threads cut on the outside of the bushing.

Feel free to call me at the shop if you have any more questions.

Last edited: