• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors TBAC 30p-1

Dirtdigger

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 9, 2011
South Dakota
Well i'm about to pull the trigger on one and before i do i want to know what the masses have to say.

Going on a 308 bolt and gas gun mostly just for shooting steel and some hunting. It may/will get used in some classes in the future too
smile.gif

Is there any reason not to go this route? It sounds like one of if not thee best on the market as of right now. I know i can find cheaper but i don't do stuff that way, do it right the first time.

Did i miss anything?

Thanks guys, sorry if this horse has be beat, kicked, dragged or run over.

Re: TBAC 30p-1

You will be very happy with the 30P-1. Email Zak or Ray if you have any questions on adjustment of the gas gun.

looks like i'll be buying my 30p-1 in the next couple weeks from hide member skinney. now i just need everything behind the can to be as nice and i'll be in good shape.

If it makes you feel any better, this is exactly the way I plan on going. I'm going thread on for a bolt and precision gasser. Mine are 6.5 chambers but this seems to be the way to go. I wanted to hear one in person but haven't had that chance yet.

I am still in the agonizing wait for my 30-P1 (pending 28 July 11 at ATF) from the Group buy and is being held in quarantine at my local SOT's safe. I need to go visit it again as I am sure it feels like an orphan at the moment. I did lots of research on a 308 can before I bought one. I already had a Gemtech HVT but it is 26 ounces so I wanted a Titanium can for my precision rifles. It came down to a Gemtech Sandstorm and the Thunderbeast. I chose the Thunderbeast due to several factors, one being the Group Buy, but also on how often I see Zak Smith on Sniper's Hide standing behind his product. I am sure Gemtech would do the same but Zak is very active on the boards answering questions about his suppressors. It just put me over the edge for the Thunderbeast.

The only way you would be disapointed is if you were planning on using on a 240B.
wink.gif

Although, I read that Zak was willing to sacrifice a 30P1 in order to test how well it would do.
Did that ever come to pass?
I would pay money to see that...

I've been fortunate enought to have been running one for well over a year now.
It is so light that I see no reason not to run it 100% of the time on my bolt gun.

We tested a 30P on one of Alan's MG's a few years ago. It lasted a long time considering it was designed for a bolt gun. The 30P-1 is much stronger but we haven't destructively tested one on a MG yet. I don't really know what useful that would tell us, since if we were going to design a .30 cal MG suppressor it would look a lot more like the 223A.

I agree, Zak. What data do you get from a "test" like that? It is fun to tear stuff up at times, but why ruin expensive materials and a perfectly good can?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dirtdigger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">looks like i'll be buying my 30p-1 in the next couple weeks from hide member skinney. now i just need everything behind the can to be as nice and i'll be in good shape. </div></div>

Look at the brite side - you got 6 months to get everything up to snuff before you see the can
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Silenced America</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I agree, Zak. What data do you get from a "test" like that? It is fun to tear stuff up at times, but why ruin expensive materials and a perfectly good can? </div></div>

You never know where the failure point is until you push something past its limits.

So i did something stupid yesterday and emailed a local guy that sells silencers asking for a price on the 30p-1 just for shit and giggles.

well he informed me of a site call silencerresearch.com and said they tested very load.

someone on here just say he is full of shit, i will believe you
wink.gif
and i'll be happy.

now i'm sure he is just trying to sell me something with more margin and i wasn't going to buy one from him even if he was cheaper...skinney is way to big to piss off... but if someone like lowlight or zac could clear the 0.01% of doubt this made i'll be happy.

SilencerResearch.com is John Titsworth's site. He tested the original 30P and it did not meter that well -- figures because it was designed before we had a milspec sound-level meter.

The 30P-1 was designed in part as a result of his test results. The SLM was integral with the development of the 30P-1 and it meters very well. We shipped him one as soon as they were in production and he sat on it for way over a year and never posted any further test results. Some might say he lost interest in silencer testing and his site IMO has become irrelevant and outdated

well thank you for splaining that, will be getting with skinney in the next few days to get this slow ball rolling.

This is where i fall down the slippery slope of suppressors to never come back....
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dirtdigger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
This is where i fall down the slippery slope of suppressors to never come back....
grin.gif
</div></div>

@ least you are getting the ball rolling... maybe we'll have to put in a big order with TBAC... might as well fill out a couple 4's while we're doing one!!!

Dirt, I can only assume I know exactly who you're talking about that is "full of it", and in my experience...he is.

Like Zak said, I think SilencerResearch has gone down hill quite a bit in the last couple years. That was one of the first places I ever found when I was trying to choose my own 3 years back.
The Major is trying to step up and fill the void, but last time I saw, he's only got data for products he carries, and that's not really very helpful for the consumer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinney</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dirtdigger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
grin.gif
</div></div>

@ least you are getting the ball rolling... maybe we'll have to put in a big order with TBAC... might as well fill out a couple 4's while we're doing one!!! </div></div>

i'd love to get more than one but my check book thinks otherwise....unless you have a spiffy finance program
wink.gif
Also "have excavator,will travel" comes to mind but i might have to work on that one a little.

if i had to guess i will have more on the way before i get my first one in hand anyways.

You'll love the can as well as the company. TBAC is great and their cans are top notch. Couldn't be happier.

Earlier this year I installed one for a friend that operates a training academy, which he bought straight from Ray. He said it's the best he's seen, and used to date. I've never owned a suppressor my self, only installed them for customers during my time in the business. After seeing the results first hand from my friends rifle, I ordered one for me. After my wait on the ATF, I now have it in hand. Next week I will start the build for this suppressor, and when complete, I will post pics.

BTW, Ray is a great guy to deal with if you want the truth on anything he knows about. He is very helpful.

well skinney has one coming for me so its almost a done deal.

thanks alot guys for all the help, now i just have to find some patients
frown.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> find some patients </div></div>
you're looking for people who need medical attention? Patience, grasshopper.

sorry, just had to rib you a bit! You'll like the TBAC, those guys are top notch and are local to me. I'm going to get a BA model very soon, after the holiday expenses subside of course. It's not a cheap time of year, ya know?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bcw1284</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> find some patients </div></div>
you're looking for people who need medical attention? Patience, grasshopper.

sorry, just had to rib you a bit! You'll like the TBAC, those guys are top notch and are local to me. I'm going to get a BA model very soon, after the holiday expenses subside of course. It's not a cheap time of year, ya know? </div></div>

ya..woops in all my excitement i forgot how to spell, not that i'm that good at it in the first place.

Ray is one hell of a good shot and knows more about long range shooting than most...he owns TBAC...and uses them in competition.

I bought a 30P-1 for my LWRC 20in and it is worth every penny. Every time I go to a range people stop shooting and come take a look and take off their hearing protection to hear what a suppressed piston gun sounds like. People's jaws open up real quick.

TBAC 30P-1...worth every penny. Shop around...msrp is $1050.

Mine just came in a few weeks ago. Love it.

Rifle shoots great with and without it. Very consistent impact shift.

since this has already gone away from the OP post some id thought id ask and not start a new topic. the 30p-1 is 300win mag. rated so will it be safe to use on a 300wbymag loaded down to a hot 300win. mag. ?? thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dirtdigger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so KYS338 its past tomorrow, do you have ur can yet so u can tease me some more </div></div>

Yes I have it..... played with it today actually.

vqmmb7.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jonaddis84</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is it just me, or do I see 6 premier boxes and two Razor boxes below your bench?! ...jealous... </div></div>

No

You see a couple Premier, S&B, and those Vortex boxes are my spotting scope and the one razor HD I have left! I like to mix it up
laugh.gif

MY form 3 is in process for my 30 BA and as is always my luck they have slowed to an all time slow rate of processing. KYS338 would enjoy hearing a field report. I plan on using it as a demo between my Tikka T3 Tactical and MA-TEN in 308

MY form 3 is in process for my 30 BA and as is always my luck they have slowed to an all time slow rate of processing. KYS338 would enjoy hearing a field report. I plan on using it as a demo between my Tikka T3 Tactical and MA-TEN in 308

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jonaddis84</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is it just me, or do I see 6 premier boxes and two Razor boxes below your bench?! ...jealous... </div></div>

No

You see a couple Premier, S&B, and those Vortex boxes are my spotting scope and the one razor HD I have left! I like to mix it up
laugh.gif
</div></div>

i wonder if i'm to old to be adopted....

I'm hoping to try my 30P-1 with a .284 pushing 52grs or RE15. That shouldn't be too much gas, but we'll see if gets overly hot in a 20-round competition stage.