• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors TBAC 338 Ultra VS Barret MK22 can?

Brettdec

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 28, 2010
From someone with experience with both cans, can you give a briefing on the TBAC 338 Ultra VS the Barrett MK22? I'm looking to suppress a Barrett MRAD in .338LM.

Last edited:
There is nothing quieter than a 338 ultra Sr gen 2...period...hard stop
This is what I'm finding as well. Except... has anybody had any experience with Sully's Arms Suppressors? Their website used to post extremely low dB readings, but I just went back again and now all the readings show "TBA dB."

I'm really torn between their products and the TBAC Ultra 338 Gen 2.

Buying a suppressor based on DB ratings is so 2006. Don't fall into that trap. That's like buying a car based solely on it's top speed. There are a lot of other factors when it comes into buying a suppressor. If I were to choose, TBAC all the way based on my previous experience with the TBAC. You absolutely can't go wrong with TBAC.

This is what I'm finding as well. Except... has anybody had any experience with Sully's Arms Suppressors? Their website used to post extremely low dB readings, but I just went back again and now all the readings show "TBA dB."

I'm really torn between their products and the TBAC Ultra 338 Gen 2.

Uh no.... No comparison. Tbac CS and products are some of the best in the industry. They are active on the forum here and are great guys.

Do yourself a favor and get the 338 ultra

I'm definitely gravitating towards the TBAC Ultra 338, just wanted to check a couple of other high end suppressor options before I do. I have an Omega 300 on the way for use on my AR-10 a d AR-15, so I'm just looking for a dedicated direct thread can for a new ELR 300 PRC that I'm building.

I'm also curious about the Barrett MK22 can in this thread.

I don’t have experience with the Barrett mk22. But my 338 ultra gen 2 is ridiculously quiet. And just a plain amazing can.

This is the first shot through my 338 ultra on a cold bore off a tripod. Removed the TB reinstalled the muzzle brake and fired a second round.

The following week I was shooting a match and removed the MB on my 7th stage installed the TB and still easily made impacts with the same zero and data.

Attachments

• 805DFA2F-CF36-4C3C-8695-E1E63B0B5CA7.jpeg
    805DFA2F-CF36-4C3C-8695-E1E63B0B5CA7.jpeg
    398.1 KB · Views: 33