• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Tbac 338p-1

cobbonthecorn

Private
Minuteman
Jan 29, 2012
For what it is worth I looked at every suppressor website I could find, read reviews and forums, asked for advice, and spoke to manufacture's of suppressors before choosing a suppressor. By the end I was torn between the TBAC 338P-1 and 338BA. So, I called TBAC and talked with Zac about the difference between the two. He told me there was no difference in the performance between the two, just the attachment mechanism. So I bought the 338P-1 and have it waiting for my tax stamp. So today I thought I'd shop for a mirage cover. Went to the TBAC web site and see the 338P-1 is no longer available. Here is what their site says:

" As of 14 SEPT 2013, the 338P-1 has been discontinued in favor of the 338BA, which is a better suppressor. We have dropped the price of the 338BA to "split the difference" and aid customers who were buying the 338P-1 instead of the 338BA to save a few bucks."

I sure hope my 8+ month wait is worth getting "second rate" performance! Remember the saying, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. Never twice, never.

Have no fear. The suppression performance is the same and there really is no difference when using .338 Lapua, .300 Win Mag, .308, etc. The 338BA is stronger in a few specific situations with extreme short barrel lengths or unusual highly overbore cartridges, and we sold a lot more 338BA's than 338P-1's so it made sense to consolidate.