• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors TBAC CB brake valve Area 419 - recoil reduction

ricard13

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 30, 2019
As per the title I’m curious to hear from those who have shot both the TBAC CB brake and the area 419 hellfire brake on the same gun. I fully know that the Area 419 is better at recoil reduction, so I’m more curious in how much. Is there a noticeable difference between the two in say a hot 7mm or 300 win?

As ridiculous as it sounds I think the CB brake looks much better on smaller profile barrels. The area 419 only looks right on heavy barrels. I also like the idea of not having to mess with attachments. Meaning I thread the suppressor off and the brake is there waiting.

I will only go with the 419 if it is a significant recoil difference.

Thanks!

I dont have the answer to your exact question as I dont have experience with the CB as im still waiting on my TB to be made. However if you do go with a Hellfire you can do a Hellfire mount on your suppressor and still easily and quickly change form brake to suppressor if you wish.

I dont have the answer to your exact question as I dont have experience with the CB as im still waiting on my TB to be made. However if you do go with a Hellfire you can do a Hellfire mount on your suppressor and still easily and quickly change form brake to suppressor if you wish.

Right. I’ve read up on some of the benefits. I have the TBAC style adapter on all my cans, so I’m just wondering if it is worth swapping the brakes, suppressor mounts, and everything for it

Reactions: RS14
Right. I’ve read up on some of the benefits. I have the TBAC style adapter on all my cans, so I’m just wondering if it is worth swapping the brakes, suppressor mounts, and everything for it
If you already have TBAC CB brakes and dont plan on shooting a lot of comps or unsuppressed then save the money and stick with TBAC breaks. I went the A419 route as all my rifle already had their adaptors vs only one TBAC CB brake.

I'm shooting matches suppressed moving forward as I'm not good enough to win and enjoy spended the next couple of days without sinus pressure.

Last edited:
there is no way anyone can tell you if there is a recoil reduction other than through very specific scientific testing. anything anyone says on here is subjective.

Pick a system you like and stick with it, although for a 7mm or 300wm, maybe the sidewinder is better.