• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors TBAC Dominus CB or HUB

Bri0242

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 28, 2011
DFW, TX
I’m looking at an ultralight can. I already have a recorded 30BA that uses the CB brake. I also use the ASR brakes on many ARs. Would it make more sense to get a HUB? I’m assuming that this will be lighter & quieter than my recored 30BA? Does the HUB can just screw directly onto the ASR brake?

So, you’re saying that an Ultra 7 with a titanium DT-HUB adapter will be lighter & quieter than the Dominus? I’m just wanting a noticeably lighter option than the recored 30BA w/ 419 CB adapter

Last edited:
The Ultra 7 is lighter than the Dominus.
And on the same can, the Ti DTHUB adapter will be a little lighter than a CB brake + CB interface, but not have the retention of the CB interface

Does the HUB can just screw directly onto the ASR brake?
You need the appropriate HUB adapter which I think is the SilencerCo ASR Bravo if you’re wanting to adapt a 1.375-24 internal threaded suppressor to the ASR mount standard.

Reactions: BenW
I’m looking at an ultralight can. I already have a recorded 30BA that uses the CB brake. I also use the ASR brakes on many ARs. Would it make more sense to get a HUB? I’m assuming that this will be lighter & quieter than my recored 30BA? Does the HUB can just screw directly onto the ASR brake?
I prefer HUB on everything. It makes life so much simpler. You can basically choose whatever mounting system you want to run.

I have a TBAC Magnus-HUB. Love it! 👍🏼

IMG_7825.jpegIMG_7828.jpegIMG_7829.jpegIMG_7833.jpeg

Thanks. I have seen the hub adapters but didn’t know Tbac had their own. Wanted to see theirs for my magnus before I bought a ocl
I'm running the OCL ZR0-DTA on my Magnus (shown in above post). Very true & straight combo. Quality mount with a quality can = precision setup. Shoots pretty damn good on my factory 700 5R Milspec .300WM...

Ballistic-X-Export-2023-05-29 18:17:50.573659.jpeg

Reactions: bigfoot750
What is the minimum barrel length for a .308W using the Dominus CB? The TBAC website says 12.5". I was contemplating SBRing a 12.5" .308W bolt action for hunting. Thoughts?

It was funny, the dealer was recommending not using a Dominus on a 12.5" .308 barrel, even though they posted a TBAC video showing that it would work. I told him that the website stated that it could be used...

It was funny, the dealer was recommending not using a Dominus on a 12.5" .308 barrel, even though they posted a TBAC video showing that it would work. I told him that the website stated that it could be used...
I'd be finding a new dealer, because he obviously doesn't know how to either A) be honest or unbiased, B) use the internet, or 3) read up on the products he sells. Run Forrest, run!

Does TBAC make their own Titanium DT-HUB adapters? I cannot find them on their website

Does TBAC make their own Titanium DT-HUB adapters? I cannot find them on their website
No idea, but the Otter Creek Labs ZR0-DTA is a precision built mount. I run one on my Magnus-HUB, and it's straight and true. It's made from Grade 5 Titanium, has a PVD coating, and only weighs 1.1 oz. It also is designed to eliminate your can sticking out from your barrel by recessing the female threads slightly inside the blast chamber. Works really well.

I have an EA TBAC-HUB adapter I need to pop into the PX.