• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors TBAC group buy

operator45

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 4, 2005
San Antonio, TX
There is the best prices TBAC group buy going on right now check out the group buy section for more details. We are excited about this group buy.

Still waiting for my 338BA from Group Buy in Nov 2012 to arrive at my FFL! They're telling me it should arrive in the next month or so.

sib1948,

I apologize for your delay. That isn't normal. I believe we didn't get the order from the dealer until some months later due to whatever reasons. All the 2012 GB cans that we got the orders in during the period had cleared Form 3's and were shipped by about late March.

SIB1948 just to be clear you didn't order it from me correct? This post could give the wrong impression of me. Thanks Scott

SIB1948 just to be clear you didn't order it from me correct? This post could give the wrong impression of me. Thanks Scott

To be clear for everyone, I did not buy this through Scott, but plan to buy another through him this time. Last time I went through my Scottsdale FFL, who had never purchased through TBAC before. I paid my FFL the end of November and found out from Zak that the order from the FFL did not come in until mid April and was not sent to the ATF until mid July. I'm still looking a long wait. Let me also say the TBAC with Zak, Ray and Amanda have always been GREAT and "right on the ball to get things resolved". I'm convinced that they produce one of the finest rifle suppressors on the market and will be there quickly to resolve any issues you have. Their suppressors should out last me! I hope that my comments, did not dissuade anyone from participating in the great deal, which rarely comes along.

To be clear for everyone, I did not buy this through Scott, but plan to buy another through him this time. Last time I went through my Scottsdale FFL, who had never purchased through TBAC before. I paid my FFL the end of November and found out from Zak that the order from the FFL did not come in until mid April and was not sent to the ATF until mid July. I'm still looking a long wait. Let me also say the TBAC with Zak, Ray and Amanda have always been GREAT and "right on the ball to get things resolved". I'm convinced that they produce one of the finest rifle suppressors on the market and will be there quickly to resolve any issues you have. Their suppressors should out last me! I hope that my comments, did not dissuade anyone from participating in the great deal, which rarely comes along.

Your FFL seems like he's running a ponzi scheme... Scott won't dick you around.

Your FFL seems like he's running a ponzi scheme... Scott won't dick you around.
what ever the SOT is doing is wrong. I realize there are mistakes but these kinds of mistakes cost so much time to be added to the overall result of shooting the can - it will take up to three months to transfer from dealer-to-dealer on a Form 3 and then you get to start. As of recently it is taking up to nine months to get the suppressor transferred on a Form 4, worst case, and your dealer just added five months by being an idiot. That is inexcusable.

These group buys put on by Thunderbeast and Hide SOTs are a great deal and if you are ever contemplating a suppressor this is the time to get it. I have done it in the past and it worked out very well and as far as performance, Thunderbeast, is tops as far as I am concerned. I have several suppressors, that I got on advice from my local SOT's, bad idea by the way, and they now sit in the safe and I only take the 30P-1 out with me to the range. From day one this suppressor is a joy. I was normally getting so aggravated at the range with my other suppressors lack of repeatability that I always left the range mad. No so with the 30P-1, from the first time I took it out, to all my subsequent trips, it has been spot on. Take it from a guy that has made suppressor mistakes in the past - the best ones are the ones you or your SOT probably have never heard of.

"Friends don't let Friends shoot unsuppressed - it is uncivilized."

Last edited:
I will add another positive reference for Scott. I got my 30BA through him last year and the transaction went smoothly to my local FFL. I'd also like to thank Zak and the Thunderbeast team for being particularly responsive on their customer service and issue resolution (which were all post-transfer).

JSTARsZ I somewhat agree with you that some of the best suppressors are not sold by some of the worst suppressor dealers. My advice for someone looking for a silencer dealer is to look for a younger dealer thats a combat vet or a active shooter that acctually uses the suppressor. Ask to see there own guns and if they are purpose built not just the latest fad, See what suppressors they run. For Example if you see there "Sniper rifle" is a Howa with a stainless YHM Phantom with see thru scope rings you may want to avoid there advise. If they cant explain MOA you may want to avoid there advice. Hell i am starting to sound like Jeff Foxworthy now. You get the idea.