• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors TBAC Ultra 7 Gen 1 mounting advice

Freediver111

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2018
Oregon
Bought a Gen 1 ultra 7 and went with direct thread option over cb. I have two guns I plan to use it with, a hunting rifle in 300 wsm with a benchmark 24” 2b barrel and a light varmint barrel on a 6.5 competition rifle. The can I bought is threaded 5/8x24, and where my barrel is threaded now it won’t have enough shoulder to work in that configuration.
The 300 wsm is threaded for brakes at 9/16x24, the 6.5 is currently not threaded. I’m thinking I can have my smith cut a few inches off the 300 wsm and it should have enough meat to work as a direct thread in 5/8x24, but I was curious if there are other options that might be a better solution? Trying to keep it as light as possible, as it’s mostly for hunting and I only do a handful of local comps a year. I guessing that if I chop the 300 wsm down to 20 or 22”, it might have enough shoulder as well as be way less awkward to hunt with. I’m getting 2800 FPS now with 212 bullets, and would ideally keep it in that velocity range after a barrel chop.
Thanks! Looking forward to my first can!

You are experiencing the reasons I sent my DT cans back and converted to a CB mount. Much more versatility. They had them in and out in a day.

Reactions: LeftyJason
Look into the area419 adapter system.
Just watched the video. So $90 gets you the 5/8x24 adapter, and then it’s just a matter of buying universal adapters in 9/16, correct? Seems like a solid option. Better mounting than chopping a little off my barrel and just sticking with 5/8?

Just watched the video. So $90 gets you the 5/8x24 adapter, and then it’s just a matter of buying universal adapters in 9/16, correct? Seems like a solid option. Better mounting than chopping a little off my barrel and just sticking with 5/8?
Yes sorta. You buy the adapter that fits your threads, call those the internal thread dimensions. Then the exterior dimension threads are whatever your silencer is threaded. For the ultra 7, you will need the thunderbeast adapter for the can. It comes with the mount and a wrench to tighten it all. I use it on my gen 1 ultra 7. Flawless. I use it on all my guns.
I think it’s this one, but don’t quote me, call area 419. Great dudes. They’ll take care of you

They also offer this now if you don’t want to remove the muzzle break. But this one requires shines and timing, unlike the hellfire self timing which is what I use

The only thing I dislike about the 419 system is that the DT UL7 weighs around 11.5 oz in a Gen 1. So 11.5, plus like 8 oz for the 419 mount if I’m reading that correctly. If you go CB, it cuts the cans weight to 9.7 oz, but then you have to add the weight of the CB brake. What does a .30 cal CB brake weigh? Can’t seem to find that info. Still debating. I think chopping a little off the 300 wsm is in order no matter what mount option I go with. A 24” barrel plus 7” can is just too long for hunting.

The more I look at the area419 system, the more I see how versatile it is. Emailed them and they said it would be just a few ounces heavier than the Direct thread option. Might have to send my can in to have it turned from a 5/8 direct mount to the cb thread.

Reactions: LeftyJason
Ive got a CB in jail, has anyone used the 419 system on an AR? not the primary host but if i want to take a couple shots suppressed is it going to back off?

This is all you need. 1 hellfire universal adapter(right), 1 hellfire suppressor adapter for the ultra. Buy additional universal adapters for each new rifle. I use them on everything.

C1F07E4B-A83A-43C9-8D5A-0E9E9395570B.jpeg

id have to look but isnt the CB 2.6oz? if so thats awesome that you arent adding anything other than 1/4 inch or so.

im more concerned about fire schedule. what is the 419 adapter capable of handling? or would you just count it as equal to the CB? If i run a drill will it back off? this is a first can for me and I dont feel like screwing up a dominus.