• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TBAC ultra 7 vs Hyperion K Suppersors

agman4

Private
Minuteman
Apr 29, 2021
Fort Worth, TX
I am looking to build a 6mm Creedmoor lightweight bolt gun for hunting next year. I am going to go ahead and purchase the suppressor while I wait on the rifle parts. I have TBAC ultra 7s and 9s on other rifles and I truly love them. In fact, in my opinion, they are the gold standard. I am stuck between choosing either an ultra 7 in the .264 bore (6.5MM) or trying something new with the CSG Hyperion K suppressor. I have zero experience with CSG products so I wanted to hear what the community would recommend.

Right now, the price is in favor for the Hyperion k, especially since they are doing a free tax stamp sale. However, are they worth it over the ultra 7

I dont think the K is that impressive in terms of sound or weight. If its gonna be a light hunter, put the lightest thing you can on there. For me thats an Ultra 5. Theyre perfect for hunting with medium sized cartridges. I have a pair of them. One on 16.5” 6.5x47 and one on a 22” .260.

Take a look at the Dominus. preforms like a ultra 7 but is shorter. Also wait until shot show. TBAC has a new can coming out. Think of Dominus with a break.

Full length Hyperion is an impressive suppressor. No experience with the Hyperion K.