• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Kestrel Killer?

Winner in my book. I only use my kestrel to gather enviros and wind. I have an iPhone and galaxy s7 active that are solely dedicated as ballistic solvers. Would be nice to mesh the 2

Get on my level. lol

957ED5D6-AE64-40AA-AC09-95114A33A9D7.jpeg

Copy that. So, essentially, you want the range that you hit with your LRF to pop up on the screen with a ballistic solution?

Yes someone is listening to us. Lol

Reximux do you work for Revic or Gunwerks. Please keep asking us qestions on what WE the Consumers are looking for to relay back to Revic.

Last edited:
Reactions: BLKWLFK9
Yes. And I’m the LRF if it’s capable. Two way comm

Yes some is listening to us. Lol

Reximux do you work for Revic or Gunwerks. Please keep asking us qestions on what WE the Consumers are looking for to relay back to Revic.

I work for both - haha. They are one and the same - two divisions of the same company. I’m in charge of new product development for Gunwerks, and now Revic as well. We’ve got an awesome team of engineers and dev guys working on both sides. And I/we are listening to the market as we develop these products.

We just aren’t releasing ALL the information right now. Some of the features/modules are still fluid. So now is a great time to send in your wish list! :)

I work for both - haha. They are one and the same - two divisions of the same company. I’m in charge of new product development for Gunwerks, and now Revic as well. We’ve got an awesome team of engineers and dev guys working on both sides. And I/we are listening to the market as we develop these products.

We just aren’t releasing ALL the information right now. Some of the features/modules are still fluid. So now is a great time to send in your wish list! :)

Keep up the good work I'll be saving my pennies for this unit.

Reactions: reximus

What I want the most is a weapon mounted LRF that talks to whatever ballistic solver I’m using.

Is there a ballpark timeframe for when this unit will be released to consumers?

I'm still purchasing most of my equipment and would definitely hold out a little while for this instead of dropping the money for a 5700 now.

Thanks. We are working hard to incorporate as much as wr can. There are limitations, obviously. But we’re doing our best to listen and provide a feature-rich product.

Not releasing pricing info at this time. Won’t be crazy.

Thanks. We are working hard to incorporate as much as wr can. There are limitations, obviously. But we’re doing our best to listen and provide a feature-rich product.

I wouldn't expect the kitchen sink, but certainly looking forward to trying it out.

Thought I might get you to slip on price.? Oh well, I'll start saving the pennies.

My .02 is I want it to function with FFS ballistics and pair with my TerrapinX. Including the ability to trigger the rangefinder. Your unit contains the ballistic software along with all the usual enviromentals and accepts the range, inclination, & azimuth from the Terrapin. That would be about perfect. But since FFS is a Windows Mobile platform I'd settle for 4DOF, or Trasol if they ever get it working for Android.
Thanks for listening to us. I'm sure you'll be rewarded with lots of sales when this is released.

My .02 is I want it to function with FFS ballistics and pair with my TerrapinX. Including the ability to trigger the rangefinder. Your unit contains the ballistic software along with all the usual enviromentals and accepts the range, inclination, & azimuth from the Terrapin. That would be about perfect. But since FFS is a Windows Mobile platform I'd settle for 4DOF, or Trasol if they ever get it working for Android.
Thanks for listening to us. I'm sure you'll be rewarded with lots of sales when this is released.
We may not be able to do everything people are asking for. But gosh darn it we’ll try! We’ve got some super smart dudes working hard behind the scenes getting this thing ready.

As a shooter myself, I was just so excited. I had to post the teaser!!

The ability to rotate the aspect ratio of the device would be pretty nice too. That way it could either be worn on the forearm, mounted to the rifle, or tucked in a pocket. Some prefer to wear their devices, some prefer to mount them on the rifle.

If we're talking configuration suggestions, a GUI/icon based work flow would be nice. i.e. a screen that allows users to select icons and place them in order of I/O.

e.g.
LRF => BC => Scope

LRF => BC => LRF

The icons would be specific to the device (BDX, Leica 2800, Revic smart scope, Burris smart scope, whatever), so the user could look at all connected devices, place then in an "order of operations" and then save that OOO. Multiple OOO's would allow the shooter to rapidly configure the device for PRS, Hunting, ELR, whatever.

Saving multiple target tables/cards would also be nice. That way, if a PRS/NRL match gives out the CoF the night before a match, the stages CoF ranges could be preloaded into the device to make stage prep easier/faster. This would also help LEO/Mil when laying out range cards (especially if they could share the range cards when having to turn over shifts to the next person coming on overwatch). Come to think about it, depending on the format of the range cards, it'd be nice if the MD's could share out the range cards for a match's series of CoF's via this method as well (hint: set the standards for the file format of sharing target cards...first to the chalk board wins in this case IMHO).

Be as agnostic to devices as possible....

Last edited:
We may not be able to do everything people are asking for. But gosh darn it we’ll try! We’ve got some super smart dudes working hard behind the scenes getting this thing ready.

Range finder Comunication- painting targets via PRLF

If you are offering a premium product to compete with things like FFS, you’ll want/we want target cards. These should be able to be saved not only as individual FFPs with multiple targets with AOF/Azimuth, but multiple FFPs as well.

A super simple example of multiple target cards that can be saved is used with good results in BallisticARC. AB has a simple single card, but not saved as multiple FFPs.

Looks like a lot has been posted since I was here last.
I'm still not 100% but figured I'd search for the video.
I haven't come across it again,however I will say that I seen a link on a thread here about their upcoming scope.
From there it took me to an external link that talked more about the scope and this meter.
Has anyone come across the thread here yet, I can't find.

Last edited:
The way i figured i am going to give this gizmo about 2-3 years. To let any unforseen bugs work themselves all out and to get a long term review.

Just sent you mail on a battery idea. its very simple but a game changer. Never Need to buy batteries again idea.

Last edited:
Reactions: LastShot300

How about a way to enlarge text for those of us with older eyes?

Bluetooth enabled for future tech offerings (optic technology, external/mini display akin to Kestral's new HUD or wrist band)

GPS enabled for accurate lat/lon and altitude

WiFi enabled

PC interface because sometimes a large screen and a keyboard is better

Option to revert to a previous release update (occasionally updates have twitches in them, and you are stuck with it until the developers get it fixed, or the user does not have the time to learn the new or relocated functions the night before a match)

2nd on the font size and type settings, along with contrast options.

Internal gyro/sensor calibration option that will let you use a simple level and compass rather than doing a figure 8 dance

10th on multiple range card setup

Ability to use a fine point stylus, not the 5/16" blobs

End user serviceable for wind prop and wet bulb - including parts availability

Decent camera

Ability to install other apps such as Range Buddy - need that camera

Solid Android OS that can also be updated to the next OS if needed

Last edited:
It is going to be open, Android based, so you can use whatever ballistic solver you prefer.

The Revic ballistic app is going to be super feature rich, so I think there’ll be a strong argument to utilize it. But if you don’t like it, run 4DOF, AB, Geo, whatever you like...

It is going to integrate with the suite of current and future Revic products.

I’ll try to get some more pics of some of the other HUD screens.

Nothing has been officially “marketed.” These we’re just a couple of quick pictures I snapped and got approval to “leak.”

The most non-official/official post can be found in the link Jorge just posted...
What can you share about the batteries? Will them last as in a Kestrel? Better? Worse?

What can you share about the batteries? Will them last as in a Kestrel? Better? Worse?

I pass on a very simple idea that would make way better. I don't want to give and idea out to Kestrel since they don't listen to us. You wouldn't have to buy a battery for a very very long time. You could keep it running indefinitely.

I pass on a very simple idea that would make way better. I don't want to give and idea out to Kestrel since they don't listen to us. You wouldn't have to buy a battery for a very very long time. You could keep it running indefinitely.
Now you are keeping us in the dark LOL! running forever on an Android phone you say?

Now you are keeping us in the dark LOL! running forever on an Android phone you say?
????

Yes and this simple device that my brother had out gave me the Idea. Can be charged up and solar powered, need a more rugged unit than this one. I told them to add it to the package. It’s so simple. Why can't the Kestrel HUD have this with the AB program in already. The only thing I would ask of Revic is a 10 yr internal battery replacement warranty.

6E6482B5-FDD8-42EB-8793-EA7A45376B47.jpeg

Last edited:
????

Yes and this simple device that my brother had out gave me the Idea. Can be charged up and solar powered, need a more rugged unit than this one. I told them to add it to the package. It’s so simple. Why can the Kestrel HUD have this with the AB program in already. The only thing I would ask of Revic is a 10 yr internal battery replacement warranty.

Awesome!(y)(y)

So i’m going to repeat things others have said, but it’s so you can know what folks want more than one of is:

A Good night mode
Two way comms to link enabled lasers and such
Good GPS for map apps
Waterproof
Serviceable wind cell
Protective snap on cover for the wind cell
Good compass
Range card/target card
Not lime green anywhere
Walker talkie app? lol.

This is all above and beyond good ballistics.

I was talking to one of the guys on the phone at Revic, but never got a follow up to a question. Will this link to the PMR scope, and if I already have one, will I have to send the scope back in, to update the firmware?

I might be being a bit of a dick here, but I more meant no colors that indicated “hey everyone, I’m Gay and Over Here!”.

It would keep the door more open for people who are in harms way to immediately adopt the product. Then again, if you tell China to ship you 500 tan and grey housings and 500 tan and oranges they just do it without complaint. So having a color choice might not be bad. .

?

Check that one off the box! Easy!! The lime green was a prototype impeller design. The production units are Revic orange...

And yes, we’re listening. ??

I was talking to one of the guys on the phone at Revic, but never got a follow up to a question. Will this link to the PMR scope, and if I already have one, will I have to send the scope back in, to update the firmware?

Yes it’ll link. No you won’t need to send it back in. New software updates can be done remotely.

Whoever makes a bomb proof ballistics computer that works with any Kestrel, various weapons mounted LRFs and hand held LRFs without having to buy a bunch of proprietary software or specialty cables and shit will win.

Well, if the Revic has all the environmental sensors, why the need to work with a Kestrel in the first place? Ballistic software? They will provide it too. Not following your reasoning, and who in hell needs that too many LRFs connected? It's almost impossible for a product (any) to make happy all the people at the same time.

The only thing that makes me shy away from this some is it pretty much HAS to be made in China. If it’s not I would be delighted in the extreme.

Why is this such a big issue? The Kestrel is made in the USA.

And I still have managed to have 0 things in my shooting kit made in China.

Very interested in this product. Especially after Kestrel screwed me on a warranty claim. The user interface alone puts it in a league of its own.

I am greatly intrigued. My plan to upgrade to a Kestrel is now on hold. I like what I am hearing so far and the biggest thing I like is that you seem to be actively listening to the community and taking it back to the devs. Do I believe that every suggestion will be incorporated? Nope. If it was then the unit would become cost prohibitive. Looking forward to seeing price point and what features this will have once its public info. I suspect this will be the best/quickest place to find that out.

I am greatly intrigued. My plan to upgrade to a Kestrel is now on hold. I like what I am hearing so far and the biggest thing I like is that you seem to be actively listening to the community and taking it back to the devs. Do I believe that every suggestion will be incorporated? Nope. If it was then the unit would become cost prohibitive. Looking forward to seeing price point and what features this will have once its public info. I suspect this will be the best/quickest place to find that out.

You're absolutely right. We're doing our best to incorporate as much as we can into this thing. It is going to be feature-rich, that is for sure. But of course, we can't please all the people all the time... But we are listening. I'm heavily integrated into the dev, so you've got a direct line to the guys in trenches on this thing.

We are planning a typical product launch - info will go out through our email list, FB, instagram, website, etc. But yes, I'll make it a point to link everything here once this thing goes live...

Thanks for the interest thus far!

- Rex @ Gunwerks

If you could make a ballistics computer that has detachable environment sensors package that could mount to a vane somewhere away from the FFP, that would be really cool. You could put a rechargable battery in the sensor package so that it charges when attached.

You could sell the sensors and the computer/display separately, so if someone has already invested in a Kestrel or weatherflow weathermeter, but likes your ballistics program/display better, they could use what they have.

They could also use the cheaper $400 Kestrel iLink (without AB Elite) or the $60 weatherflow weathermeter for environmentals sensing only. Or, someone could just buy your sensor package and use their phone and buy your app.

Kestrel is coming out with a rifle mounted $399 display. So figure a $700 Kestrel 5700 AB Elite + $400 Kestrel display = $1100 and still haven't bought the $1100 2800.com that makes it all work. I bet you could make a similar remote sensor + display package for half that.

I've already sort of done it with my weatherflow and an old iPhone:

Last edited:
Will it have a compatible phonescope mount? All jokes aside I'm very excited about this thing and if its at all competative Ill probably try this before upgrading my kestrel.