• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Kestrel Killer?

Not try to get people hopes up
I ran into this video
I don't know if this is Rivic or not but if you watch the video starting a the 4 min Mark he playing with a device that's an odd shape. Just trying to figure it out. See what you think. Never seen a phone cases that shape or size. Could it be the White Whale we been looking for Lol

I did notice that they mentioned it on the latest everyday sniper podcast! There's still hope!

Reactions: SOAPdata
Hey guys! Sorry for the silence - some issues/set-backs "came and went" in my personal life, but I'm back!

Latest update: We're expecting 150 units this May that'll have a side-loaded (i.e. outside the Google Play Store) Revic Ballistic App. I'll see what kind of strings I can pull to get some of these units out to a few of you for some beta-testing.

The App is running great on our latest prototype units. As long as Google plays nicely and we get App approval, we're hoping for a launch sometime in the Q3 timeframe.

And yeah, in reference to the video @culater posted, Phil is running the Revic Ballistic App on his phone, housed in a PhoneSkope case... Close, but no cigar. :)

Last edited:
I would love to beta test it out. LOL
I would say I'm not a tech savvy kind of guy. But if it's easy for me to get though it's would be dummy proof.

1582319477113.jpeg

Hey guys! Sorry for the silence - some issues/set-backs "came and went" in my personal life, but I'm back!

Latest update: We're expecting 150 units this May that'll have a side-loaded (i.e. outside the Google Play Store) Revic Ballistic App. I'll see what kind of strings I can pull to get some of these units out to a few of you for some beta-testing.

The App is running great on our latest prototype units. As long as Google plays nicely and we get App approval, we're hoping for a launch sometime in the Q3 timeframe.

And yeah, in reference to the video @culater posted, Phil is running the Revic Ballistic App on his phone, housed in a PhoneSkope case... Close, but no cigar. :)

If you need someone to beta test in matches I’m in! Lol And I’m already running a Revic on my match gun so if they have some features together then I could test that too!

Reactions: reximus
Good to see that there may be some life in this yet.

I can't remember if it was brought up here before, and I know it was an issue brought up with the Kestral HUD, ....Range card(s).

Be able to set up multiple/all range cards for a match with known distances. Even better if you can save that set in a folder if you shoot regular matches that don't move the targets around all that much.

I run the 4DOF and was very pleased when they had that offering on their app. If I were to run this unit, that would definitely be a buy it or walk away decision.

Toss my name in with the beggers lot for beta testing.

Reactions: reximus
Im still using trimble nomad 800 quite happily and it doesnt choke in the rain and snow.
going to be keeping an eye on this product

Reactions: LastShot300
My wishlist would include an impeller -less wind meter

using a 360 bladeless setup,

This is the future of wind meters,

Bluetooth, solar powered and IPX8 pocket-sized ULTRASONIC anemometer
This self powered bluetooth 4.1 ULTRASONIC windmeter can work for 29 days without charging while measuring, and an entire year in sleep mode thanks to its solar panel.

Built with ULTRASONIC sensors, it will provide you with one of the greatest accuracies we have ever achieved in an anemometer. Allowing a continuous measurement of wind speed and direction.

Check the technichal specifications for further information.

Read our manual and check the technical information for helpful details about ULTRASONIC Portable.

This self powered bluetooth 4.1 ULTRASONIC windmeter can work for 29 days without charging while measuring, and an entire year in sleep mode thanks to its solar panel.

Built with ULTRASONIC sensors, it will provide you with one of the greatest accuracies we have ever achieved in an anemometer. Allowing a continuous measurement of wind speed and direction.

Read our manual and check the technical information for helpful details about ULTRASONIC Portable.

Now THAT looks interesting. I didnt know such a thing was available

I was expecting sticker shock but that’s both interesting and reasonable.

Was going to pull the trigger on the Kestrel unit. Might have to wait and see what this can do.

I'm personally not a fan because of the touch screen. I love the kestrel for its buttons.

If they could get me a kestrel with no wind spinny thing in the form factor of an old nokia phone (to include the number pad so i can punch in numbers faster)… that would be a kestrel killer IMO.

I'm personally not a fan because of the touch screen. I love the kestrel for its buttons.

If they could get me a kestrel with no wind spinny thing in the form factor of an old nokia phone (to include the number pad so i can punch in numbers faster)… that would be a kestrel killer IMO.
Being able to link my phone to a kestrel for setting up profiles and other features is awesome.
For anytime outside use buttons are the way to go.

The problem with the US wind sensors is they are still rather large; they have to be based on the current sensor tech. Here's an image of the aforementioned with a hand for scale:
61YWcwwAAxL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Hopefully they'll come down in size as sensor technology improves, but there's probably a finite limit based on the mechanism of operation. It's not enormous, but it's definitely nowhere near as tiny as would be needed to maintain a Kestrel-sized unit.

Reactions: Jake8s
Imagine if these ultrasonic sensors were small and cheap enough to mount on small hobby type drones that could be deployed at useful intervals downrange (ex; near wind altering terrain features). Some sort of mesh repeating system or LoRa could be used to feed the data back to the firing position.

Reactions: waveslayer
Imagine if these ultrasonic sensors were small and cheap enough to mount on small hobby type drones that could be deployed at useful intervals downrange (ex; near wind altering terrain features). Some sort of mesh repeating system or LoRa could be used to feed the data back to the firing position.

Sounds like something the ELR folks would love, but talk about a complex solution. King of 10 miles kind of stuff, there. ;) I suspect things like the Trijicon Ventus will just be continually improved with no need for down-range sensors.

Last edited:
Will there be a preorder opportunity?
You mean can you give them your money now and when they finally do get released only to find out that every other Tom, Dick, and Harry who didn't preorder gets theres before you. Ha Ha sounds great.

Happens on every preorder..........

Random guy- "Hey guys check out my new xyx I just ordered it yesterday and it showed up at my door this morning I am so happy I can't believe how fast the shipping was."

Preorder Guy- "Man WTF those assholes have had my money for six fucking months how the fuck did you get yours before me?"

For now on I choose to be Random Guy........LOL

Is there a way that this thing deals with heat? here in the high deserts of Colorado all cellphones cook. even in my pocket my cell freaks out, let alone next to me on a shooting mat...

During the Day 4 Modern Day Rifleman Summit interview with Nick Vitalbo he stated nVisti actually has a drone based system in testing.

I was waiting for a while on this then got on on the sportsman deal.
All my ignorant complaints about the kestrel have proven to be BS with actual time with it.

Yea, more hopium bottled in a container of unobtanium. I gave up waiting for this and got in on cameralandny's kestrel deal last summer and it has been very useable in it's stock form that isnt upgraded yet.

• Haha
Reactions: LastShot300
Yea, more hopium bottled in a container of unobtanium. I gave up waiting for this and got in on cameralandny's kestrel deal last summer and it has been very useable in it's stock form that isnt upgraded yet.
I too was waiting for this item.... I also got in on the deal from CameraLand. Glad I did. The basic 5700 Kestrel is very usable, gives solutions to 4000 yards, pairs with my binos, and probably costs less. OH... most importantly... in my hands in two days!!!

I'll still get one of these kestrel killers to try out..... right after I stock up on primers and powder... :rolleyes: