• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TC Benchmark 22lr - ammo selection

pprochnow

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2012
Nebraska
I didn’t see any other posts on this rifle so...
My wife wanted it because "it's pretty" whatever works!
I get another gun and she thinks it’s for her...

I have not run very many brands of ammo through it yet
Bulk pack crap ammo - feeds ok 90% of the time - 2-3" at 50yds
CCI mini mag - no FTF , about 1" at 50yds
I have heard these things shoot about ½ or less at 50yds…

Does anyone out there have experience with a TC benchmark?

Re: TC Benchmark 22lr - ammo selection

No, but you should try CCI Velocitors. They are the most accurate rounds I've put through my rifles. And I've tried them all.

I had a TC classic about ten years ago. I traded it off because it would double fire once every couple of mags. Accuracy was decent but I only shot bulk through it.

I have gotten great results with CCI standard velocity, but I don't know if it would cause issues in a auto loader.

If you want results past 50 yards you are going to have to start shooting standard velocity. the shape of that bullet and the speed of highvelocity puts it going transonic at roughly 65-70 yards maybe a little farther and they do funny things at that point. also with the shape of the .22lr bullet if you drive them supersonic they are affected more by wind.

If you are worried about reliability of standard velocity out of an autoloader, both of my 10/22's cycle everything down as far as subsonics.

The TC is a good gun. They seem to be a little more pricey than lets say a Ruger 10/22, but I don't see any real advantage over the Ruger in the accuracy department. My oldest brother has a TC, and I can't seem to shoot it any better than I can my 10/22's.

For general plinking some rifles cycle the cheap brown bulk packs at Walmart (Federal 550). Used to be $8. but now they added a "1" in front of the price but for 500 rounds it's alot of shooting.
My Dad shoots Necco wafers glued to a target at 100 yards (he luvs to see stuff break) and hits them pretty good shooting off a bipod with Walfart brown box.