• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing TC Icon action?

OKbow87

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 30, 2006
Oklahoma City, OK
I was just wondering if anybody has built a custom on the icon action yet? Im aware of the warlord they already offer that is a colaboration with GAP. Obviously manners inlets stocks for them, but what about bottom metal. Just had an idea running through my head, you guys know how it is!

Re: TC Icon action?

The problem I ran into is that Manners does do the stocks but he doenst have any of the bedding blocks. I think it would be a great build especially if they would release just the warlord action

I mean really, machined in rail, machined in recoil lugs, interchangable bolt handles, side bolt release, and good triggers. There aren't a lot more things to ask for. My biggest issue is if you could make it work with badger/surgeon/seekins bottom metal that is built for the rem 700. The warlord has bo m5 metal on it, but not sure if it is a proprietary design or not. Manners with their new chassis system for an icon would be tits!

I've got an Icon in .308, not the Warlord though. I can tell you the thing flat out shoots. In all of my load development with 168's, I never had a group over MOA. 44g of Varget gets me .25 moa at 100y pretty easily. The action really is a well designed.

i looked into the icon about 6months ago. few bummers about them, machined in rail yes 0moa bummer if you like to shoot long range. they also have swapable bolt handles cool right except they don't really have a tacticl one. and the one really big bummer for me, expensive to buy rifle if all you want is the action. i have also looked at sako's and brownings because they also have some really cool features but they just don't have the aftermarket parts available. otherwise I would have built at least one of the 3 by now I have rifle a.d.d. bad and a great local smith to feed the addiction bad combo.

just my .02cents and some say it's not worth that.

Those of you who are interested in building on an Icon action:

Old-stock (year or more) Icons are on sale at selected Gander Mountain stores for $699 down from $899.

TC is offering a $150 rebate on new Icons purchased through the end of the month.

A new rifle for $ 550? That's the price of an action!