• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Teaching the kids about gun control

propeine

Wannabe Gun Plumber
Minuteman
Apr 20, 2012
Erie, Pa
bu2eguve.jpg

7e2y9asa.jpg

Just some weekend shots with my two girls. The oldest is 8 and lives out of state with her mother. She has never even been around firearms of any kind until this weekend. Started her out with my FV-SR and that was as far as we got. She went 6 for 8 on a 3" swinger at 50yds. Not too shabby for never having shot before. The youngest will be 2 in august and just knows she needs her muffs if she wants to be near us.

My Dad started me out at 6 with a 12 gauge double barrel shot gun. First barrel beat hell out of me. Got up fired second. Never have been recoil sensitive, but not the best way to introduce a kid
to shooting. He carried and hunted with that 12 gauge since he was 8 yrs. Elmer Keith, father of the 44 mag. and 357 mag., started about the same age with a 30-06. Is purported to have said:
" If it ain't big, it ain't shit".