• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Competition Events Team Matches? Equipment questions (calibers & optics)

DosMeadowlandos

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2009
Connecticut
Looking to try a team match or two later this year and next year. I'll more than likely be running my AR-15 as the secondary shooter.

Are there matches that require a 223/5.56 gas gun as the secondary and are there limits on the glass that can be on that rifle?

Trying to decide if I should park my 1-10 Razor on the gun or use my 4-16 ATACR.

Thanks!

Depends on which match, quite a few have the .308/5.56 rule for one of the teammates to have.

Biggest thing is first what are my realistic ranges during this match, and do i want to save oz if im rucking. I can see both having a wide range of purposes depending on which events you want to participate in.

Reactions: DosMeadowlandos
lots of team matches have their own rules about what the secondary can use. Sometimes its just 223. Sometimes its 223 gas gun. Sometimes its 223 gas gun with 10x maximum magnification. Sometimes there's no rules at all. I'd suggest you figure out which events you are trying to shoot and then set up the rifle and start training. There's good information out there about what you can reasonably expect from most of the larger team matches