• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Team Wendy LTP Helmet & Wilcox Lanyard Guide

MODArmory – Nicole

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
The former Macgyver was hard at work over the weekend and wanted us to share how he was able to rig a Wilcox Lanyard to his new Team Wendy LTP Helmet. I am posting this on his be hath to avoid midnight stalkers and private messages asking for autographs.
I however will consider bribes.

Start with a piece of 550 cord about 3 feet long and a conventional Wilcox lanyard.

Remove the front pad from the Team Wendy helmet

Thread one end of the 550 cord from the outside through one slot in the lanyard.

Insert the 550 cord into one helmet vent opening and out the opposite side

Bring the 550 cord up through the lanyard bracket opposite the other. Leave the other slot unused.

Even up the ends of the 550 cord and position the lanyard where you prefer

Next feed the free ends of the 550 cord into the next row of vents, taking care to center the lanyard on the helmet.

(I Can only post 10 pictures in this thread so please send me an email for the picture)

Take the free ends of the 550 cord and feed from the inside out through the opposite vent hole from which they entered.

Bring each free end of the cord up through the inside of the unused end of the lanyard bracket. You are going to pull the ends tight, the ends of the 550 cord will be pulled from the direction opposite of the vent holes from which they came out so position them accordingly in the slot.

Pull the cord like you would shoelaces working from the beginning loop to the termination working out all the slack and centering the lanyard. Once the cord is tight, simply tie a square knot and you are finished. Trim & melt the ends of the cord, apply a drop of super glue on the knot as added insurance.

Reinstall the pads and thats it!