• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Competition Events Teams Match Stage Ideas (GPRE NZ)

Sgil045

Can't miss fast enough...
Minuteman
Sep 13, 2014
New Zealand
GPRE have been looking at running a long range teams match lately and I have been thinking about stages designed specifically for teams. We were thinking two person teams match with both team members having a precision rifle capable out to 1000m - 1400m. The match would be limited to .338" caliber and under, muzzle velocity of 3200fps or under, and likely a 2000J energy limit at 1200m. Targets would be set from ~500m out to 1500m. This would only be a teams match so there would be no "individual" score. This would be a field match as well - or as much as i can make it. In general all targets would be at least 2MOA sized. Smaller targets would only be used where there is a nother target that allows the team a "scored sighting shot" in the same direction or at the same location.

Stage ideas:
1) "Working it out"
Five targets between 600m and 1200m. Team aim is to achieve 2 hits on all targets. 7 shots per competitor allowed only.
2) "Communication"
Five targets between 600m and 1200m. Team aim is to achieve 2 hits on all targets. Competitor 1 is only allowed to hit targets 1, 2, & 3. Competitor 2 is only allowed to hit targets 3, 4, & 5. Team members must shoot from the designated locations only i.e. once at the location that competitor may not move to the other location.
3) "I hate you"
Three targets between 600m and 900m. Team aim is to hit all three targets twice. Each competitor is only allowed 4 rounds. After every hit one team member must touch the marker behind the position and return to the position before the next shot can be fired (i.e. marker behind the positions is ~20m behind so faster moving / fitter teams will theoretically do better).
4) "Target ID"
Four targets between 700m and 1200m. Two targets easily visible, two targets partially obscured. Team aim is to hit all targets twice. 5 shots only per competitor. Target distances and locations not given to the teams.
5) "Longs"
2 targets only - Target 1 at 1000m, Target 2 at 1400m. 10 shots per competitor only. Team aim is to achieve a total of 7 hits on both targets.
6) "Communication is Important"
Five targets between 600m and 1200m. Target locations and distances not given to teams. Team aim is to hit all targets 2 times each. Hits on Target 3 will only count if they are made between 2mins and 2mins 30 secs into the stage time. Team members must stay at the designated locations only i.e. once at the location that competitor may not leave it.
7) "Risk & Reward"
Three targets - Target 1 a single target at ~500m. Target 2 a single Target at ~700m. Target 3 a "risk/reward" target set up - so a larger scoring target behind two "no shoot" targets hung in front. The aim of the stage is to hit Target 1 twice, Target 2 twice and then hit the orange target 3 three times. A hit on the white targets is worth -15 points. Minimum total stage score is 0. Four rounds per competitor allowed only.
8) "Big and Small"
Two targets both at ~1300m. Target 1 is ~900mm square (~36"). Target 2 is ~400mm square (16"). Target 1 is worth 2 points. Target 2 is worth 5 points. Team aim is to achieve a total of five hits. The team is allowed 8 shots only.

Some stage idea thoughts anyway. I could do with some feedback from those of you that have competed teams matches though.

Lastly i know I don't post on SH often so a few photos that show a bit of what GPRE do. Thanks in advance! Constructive feedback is always appreciated!

IMG_8766.jpg

IMG_5990.jpg

IMG_7454.jpg

IMG_0400.jpg

Reactions: Dobermann