• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TEBOW'S FUTURE?

garrett4

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 30, 2004
oak ridge tn
Just curious to what you all think his future is. Read where new GM of the Jags said no to his being on the team. I am not a big football fan but like his work ethic and niceness.

Re: TEBOW'S FUTURE?

I think it depends completely on the team.. To say he can NOT play at the NFL level is NOT entirely true. He is just a different form of a QB. If an offense was to draw itself around him it COULD be a different story.

Maybe something like the wild cat or full blown option offense that would utilize his size more and SHORT range passing. The dude has an arm and CAN throw... the mechanics may need some tweaking but at his size and speed he COULD be a exactly what the "RIGHT" team needs. They would just have to buy into him completely..

but thats just my .02 worth..

Matt.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tim Tebow the person = Excellent. Great Guy, Roll Model, etc.

Tim Tebow the QB = sucks, does not belong in the NFL. </div></div>
Perfectly stated. Good guy, but NOT a NFL quarterback. Someone could probably find a way to use him, but other than jersey sales and putting people in the stands, is it really worth it? Not IMHO.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fYSRiz52exk"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fYSRiz52exk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

He'd be a badass extra point holder. That's about it. I tried telling people that he had no business being an NFL Qb when he was a Junior! I was just a hater that didn't love Jesus....

Hell of a football player. Not so much pro style qb. Fullback, H back,or tight end if he is going to stay in the NFL.
If Seattle trades Flynn, Tebow may be a serviceable back up to Wilson because he can run the "Read Option". Probably has to go to Canada if he wants to keep playing QB.

Well Steve Young disagrees with all the haters
smile.gif
...he stated Tebow can be a very good QB if given a chance.

The guy wins...someone will grab him as a QB before the 2013 season

Well let Steve Young cut him a check because there is an entire league that doesn't think he's worth going after. I'm sure he may get picked up but no one is going to build a team around him. I'd be surprised if he gets...and keeps...a starting position in the NFL. His best opportunity in Jacksonville was shot down. How sad is that? They would have filled the stadium on him alone. But is it possible the front office of the Jaguars realize that despite his popularity, he isn't going to bring them the victories they want? That says a lot.

He should have gone to the Jags last year. I don't know what made him pick the Jets, but that was his one true shot to run a team. Like was said earlier, Canada or bust.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CASDB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He should have gone to the Jags last year. I don't know what made him pick the Jets, but that was his one true shot to run a team. Like was said earlier, Canada or bust. </div></div>

I couldn't agree with first part of your statement more! He went to the Jets expecting a larger role, but once they overpaid Sanchez, they were stuck playing him more...I personally believe they were hoping Sanchez would have a good year so he would have some market value, but that back fired LOL.

Anyway, if he did go to Jacksonville I also believe he would be a QB in this league, but let's not forget there are no outsatanding QBs coming out of the draft this year and Tebow did prove he can get a team to stand behind him and take them to the playoffs. I still think with the lack of talent coming out and a good portion of NFL teams needing a leader...he'll find a job.

I'm not much of a Tebow fan, but the guy just finds ways to win. Never got to start a season as the QB but came in and made some pretty good decisions as a back up in Denver. He's not a "prototypical" QB that is true, neither was Steve Young when he came out of BYU. He rode the pine behind Joe and he ended up taking over and winning a Super Bowl.

He is a heck of a nice go though, and hope he goes to the Steelers. Hell, we pay Leftwich to ride pine, he plays two games and goes down. And Batch? Wow, I won't even touch that one.....

I think he is a great QB and when he was with UF he killed it. He was doing really well for Denver the last year he played for them. And when he went to the jets they just fucked him over. He's a great QB, I just think he still thinks he playing college football and not in the NFL once he overcomes that then he will do great

He can go back to Florida and be an assistant coach..... other then that he wont make it as a QB in the NFL.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jaa282</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think he is a great QB and when he was with UF he killed it. </div></div>

Right up to the point that Alabama handed him his ass in the SEC championship.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JLeòdhas</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> aNFL QB he is not.</div></div>

Debatable. Say what you want, but Tebow won more playoff games for Denver last year than Manning did this year. That can be justified any way you want but it is an indisputable fact.

I suspect he's got bigger plans than returning to UF as an assistant coach after he's through playing football.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DT1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JLeòdhas</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> aNFL QB he is not.</div></div>

Debatable. Say what you want, but Tebow won more playoff games for Denver last year than Manning did this year. That can be justified any way you want but it is an indisputable fact.

I suspect he's got bigger plans than returning to UF as an assistant coach after he's through playing football. </div></div>

David,
HE did not win the playoff games, the TEAM did. How much influence he had is debatable too. The fact of the matter is if he was such a great QB, teams would be scrambling to get him. Now they're just scrambling to avoid him.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DT1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JLeòdhas</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> aNFL QB he is not.</div></div>

I suspect he's got bigger plans than returning to UF as an assistant coach after he's through playing football. </div></div>

David,
HE did not win the playoff games, the TEAM did. How much influence he had is debatable too. The fact of the matter is if he was such a great QB, teams would be scrambling to get him. Now they're just scrambling to avoid him. </div></div>

How many playoff wins at QB did Tebow have last year with Broncos? 1
How many playoff wins at QB did Manning have this year with Broncos? 0

smile.gif
Just messin' with you Mike, wouldn't think of taking Tebow over Manning. Tebow is an enigma as QB in the NFL. We'll likely never know just how good he could be in the right system. Understandably, no team is willing to take the risk of designing an offense around his strengths.

Don't forget, the year before the Bammer's stopped him in his tracks, he and the Gators smoked them in the SEC Championship game on their way to a national championship.

Good thread. We need something to argue about until college football starts back in September.

He won the same amount of playoff games at denver as peyton manning did. Go figure

I would love to see him back up in Pittsburgh. Charlie Batch is also a nice guy who use to come in and lead until Ben was better. I wish he could play o line. The steelers need that more.

I watched Tebow for a year in Denver and it was infuriating. I want to see the stat on the most 3 and outs. Those were the most borring games, up to the last half of the 4th quarter. The guy cannot consistantly throw a 15 yard out. The guy cannot read defenses. Once the defenses figured him out it was over. The Steeler team that they beat in the playoffs was a deeply flawed team, that had no business being in the playoffs that year.

I am sick and tired of hearing how Tebow was a great quarterback. He was a great motivator, and the defense fed off him and played great. End of story. Anybody that says Tebow can be a successful QB in the NFL, has no business talking about football!

I think that if he is not going to use his balls properly, he should donate them to a guy that is not as fortunate. All that good stuff being thrown at him and he is still a virgin? He should be euniched on that alone.

He is 8-6 as a starter and has better than a 2:1 TD to INT ratio... If his skin was a shade darker he would have another opportunity to start somewhere. White guys who like running QB's love him, white guys who hated watching Michael Vick were finally able to say all the shitty things they wanted to about him without sounding racist.

He is 8-6 as a starter and has better than a 2:1 TD to INT ratio... If his skin was a shade darker he would have another opportunity to start somewhere. White guys who like running QB's love him, white guys who hated watching Michael Vick were finally able to say all the shitty things they wanted to about him without sounding racist.

Black QBs that can be drop back passers get a real opportunity. I think Vick was "misused". I would have scrambled him less and would have had NO QB Draw Plays.

"One man with courage makes a majority."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tim Tebow the person = Excellent. Great Guy, Roll Model, etc.

Tim Tebow the QB = sucks, does not belong in the NFL. </div></div>
Perfectly stated. Good guy, but NOT a NFL quarterback. Someone could probably find a way to use him, but other than jersey sales and putting people in the stands, is it really worth it? Not IMHO.

Jersey sales and putting people in the stands is the only true mission of an NFL team lol.

I'm far from being a football fan (I usually watch one game a year, the Superbowl, and I do it for the commercials), but I've followed some of the story surrounding him, especially the leftist media agenda with regard his christian faith.

I think he has TWO likely career options:

1 - Politics.

2 - Pull the ultimate trump card: tell the world that he's come out of the closet, that he's a homosexual and the managers knew. They won't dare not rehire him.

Who cares. He is rich, if he invested wisely he walks away and doesn't do much but hunt and fish for the rest of his life. If he didn't who cares. I quit watching people throw a ball around when they had a strike a few decades ago. They aren't heros, they aren't role models. They play a game.

Here a scary thought for every Bama fan. Had Tebow gone to Alabama he would be a much better NFL QB. Bama would not have Nick Saban nor 3 crystal footballs. Mike Shula would still be our head coach and Tebow would be able to throw a short pass. LOL!

Omaha Beef Indoor team just made an offer- $75/game! I'd take it if I were him- it might be the only offer he gets this season, at least until the injury bug hits some team hard, and they need anybody that can call signals.

Tebow beat the Steelers with their Rapist quarterback in one of the greatest upsets in playoff history.

That one win made him immortal.

i wish a team would pick him up, maybe a season or two in the arena league would do him a world of good.

If I owed a NFL team and he was available, he would be on my team. As far as ticket sales go and the leadership/ example he brings to the table...it's a no brainer. I would not start him, but if we're ahead by a good bit, you put him in to appease the fans.

Who cares. He is rich, if he invested wisely he walks away and doesn't do much but hunt and fish for the rest of his life. If he didn't who cares. I quit watching people throw a ball around when they had a strike a few decades ago. They aren't heros, they aren't role models. They play a game.

+1, I often get thrown under the bus when I bring this up at work regarding any pro sports but it seems to be lost on many people.

I think he will go around the country as a motivational speaker full time. He already does it part time. Or possibly play in the Canadian football league

A QB injury may be his only shot at a backup job in the nfl. Tebow mania hasn't helped his chances anywhere, what team would want to have that distraction everytime their starter has a bad game? He might be a solid religous guy but he can't throw a football. And at last check that's what a nfl qb gets paid for. His favorite color is rainbow!
GO HAWKS

He might not be a tom brady or peyton manning but he is still better than some of the other qb,s i watched last season, like mark sanchez now he suck,s. It,s a shame the way the jet,s handled him but then you look at their franchise last season. That say,s it all.

If John Elway let him walk so to speak when he got Manning rather than letting him learn from one of the best to ever play QB THAT says everything. If he was the future they would have kept him and developed him

I think his next stop is arena or cfl

If he doesn't get picked up by a team as a backup QB (I wish the Cards would pick him up but that will never happen with Bruce Arians as coach), he will probably be willing to switch positions and get picked up as a RB or TE. The guy is tenacious and knows not the word 'quit'.

Regardless, the guy is a winner in life and if football turns its back on him, he still has a bright future on earth....

....and in Heaven. ;)