• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Technical Drawing Colt 1911

dmuldrew

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 24, 2002
Missouri
Anyone know where I can find a technical drawing to check some frame and trigger guard dimensions? Still trying to figure out why my Ed Brown won't fit into my Blackhawk Serpa holster

Re: Technical Drawing Colt 1911

Precision built $2K+ 1911 by a known builder versus a holster that cost $3 to make in China. Reckon where the problem might be?

Just take a dremel to the pistol where its hanging up until it slips in nicely.

LOL, Im guessing it's the holster. No other holster I have gotten for a colt commander has offered a hint of trouble.

Biker 883, nah, I quit gun smithing one afternoon in my garage. I was hammering on a GAP built MIA, clamped in a vice, with a 16 ounce claw hammer. I came to the realization that George got paid well for the things he does for a reason. I figured we would have a deal. He wouldn't give himself an anesthetic, and I wouldn't do my own gun smithing. So far it's worked out, at least on my end.

I've had to take a dremel to a spot or two in the SERPAs and CQC-non SERPAs I've owned for them to fit m 1911's before. They are nice little holsters for what they are, but a Brown would definately warrant a step up in quality in my opinion.

Got a bunch of nice leather. My goto ISB is a Milt Sparks VM2, and a nice Alessi OWB. But I just wanted something to use when out at the range, on my belly, shooting. Figured a retention holster might keep me from going looking for my pistol. But frankly I'm not interested in preforming surgery of any type to make this thing work. I have an old backpack from BH that is very good, but the quality of this thing flat out sucks.

Try a kydex belt holster from either Comp-Tac or Blade-Tech for a no-nonsense range rig. The trigger guard snaps into the kydex in such a way that you won't have to worry about it coming out, even rolling around on the ground.

Dennis,
Don't know if you tried this but my blackhawk thigh rig needed to have the retaining screw adjusted quite a bit. Back it almost all the way out and then start tightening it a little bit at a time while fitting the pistol. I had to do this to fit my Kimber. IMO it is a nice range holster but reports suggest that a bit of dirt will jamb the weapon in the holster.
As for the spec's. Jerry Kuhnhausen's M1911 pistol series books should give you all the info you need. Also any mechanical inclined person who owns a 1911 variant should own these books.

Just saw your other post, when I adjusted mine I removed the holster from its frame and grabbed the nut with a pair of pliers to loosen it because it was spinning which may be the case with yours. Also it seems that the plastic took a set from being tightened up to much. I took a heat gun and carefully warmed up the plastic then with a large flat blade screw driver gently pried opened the trigger guard area until the plastic cooled. If the gun fits start to tighten the retaining screw. If it doesn't fit heat and pry some more. I wouldn't take a dremel to it because if you remove material till the gun fits you will not have any adjustment with the screw
Hope this helps

If you need some photos to clarify where to heat and pry PM me and I see if I can take some for you.

bshaw