• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ted the deer slayer Cruz

Schroedernd

Minuteman
Feb 11, 2017
Screenshot_20211204-203615_Facebook.jpg

They probably aren't posting, just the comments are being removed or blocked

Holy shit thats a monster.

Reactions: Fig

“There’s always vitriol on Twitter,” Cruz said.
“But this deer was a magnificent animal, near the end of his life, who was killed humanely. And the meat from the deer will provide many wonderful meals and will be donated to a local food pantry.”

I can appreciate the positive effects of donating wild game to a food pantry. It’s a noble trait to want to care for those less fortunate than yourself, and I appreciate that it isn’t going to waste.

That said, I see this as staged political pandering to his base if he’s not actually interested in eating the food he’s hunting. I’d be more impressed with him if he was cooking and serving venison heart and eggs to his family the next morning.

Maybe I’m being a picky bitch, but that was my immediate thought when I read his quote.

Hell of a nice deer regardless. Green score of 170 is more than I’ve ever managed (here in the Midwest where our deer weigh more than our Labrador Retrievers…😂)

Cruz is a politician.

He might say stuff you like. He was able to be guided and shoot a deer.

Well said @Anb618. Making excuses "near the end of its life and harvested humanely" is a pansy ass thing to say.

"I am a hunter and I killed this." And yeah, unless running a bunch of crop damage tags or in an area over run (used to be common where I am from in IA to get 10 tags) and you hunt and donate it, thats just BS IMO.

A LDMF Politician.
You know the pussy didnt even clean it himself.

Nice looking buck though.

Was it shot within the confines of a fence like most Texas “monsters?”
This^^^

I’m either super impressed or not impressed in the least. Depends on the details of the hunt.

Shooting an animal that’s confined to a fenced in area isn’t hunting, it’s harvesting.

If a guide finds the animal he’s the hunter. You just took the shot.

What’s the story here?

Me personally, I eat what I hunt/shoot.

I dont have a problem with people donating deer if they are killing deer from nuisance permits, but a buck like that did not get taken on a nuisance permit.

“But this deer was a magnificent animal, near the end of his life, who was killed humanely. And the meat from the deer will provide many wonderful meals and will be donated to a local food pantry.”

I can appreciate the positive effects of donating wild game to a food pantry. It’s a noble trait to want to care for those less fortunate than yourself, and I appreciate that it isn’t going to waste.

That said, I see this as staged political pandering to his base if he’s not actually interested in eating the food he’s hunting. I’d be more impressed with him if he was cooking and serving venison heart and eggs to his family the next morning.

Maybe I’m being a picky bitch, but that was my immediate thought when I read his quote.

Hell of a nice deer regardless. Green score of 170 is more than I’ve ever managed (here in the Midwest where our deer weigh more than our Labrador Retrievers…😂)
I agree with you. Donate the rack to Mo-flo. And he probably gets to hunt on great farms for free. But, at least he’s pro hunting pro a2

Yeah I too don't like the fact he is donating the meat. Not that donating is a bad thing. It just gives me the vibe that he only went to kill a deer and then say he killed a huge deer without actually getting dirty or anything. He's one of those.

I could be wrong though.

And on top of that, I've lived in south Texas all my life and the deer here don't get like that. Everyone always hears the stories and sees the pictures of the deer down here but I can guarantee you they are guided hunts inside a high fence. Everything in low fence gets shot by everyone and their grandmothers so nothing really ever gets the chance to grow big.

Don’t forget that is a Texas deer, and probably south Texas deer at that, so it’s hard to go by pictures on size, hell, my dick would look huge too, if it was on a midget!
Yeah, thats south Texas and a big deer.

Yeah I too don't like the fact he is donating the meat. Not that donating is a bad thing. It just gives me the vibe that he only went to kill a deer and then say he killed a huge deer without actually getting dirty or anything. He's one of those.

I could be wrong though.

And on top of that, I've lived in south Texas all my life and the deer here don't get like that. Everyone always hears the stories and sees the pictures of the deer down here but I can guarantee you they are guided hunts inside a high fence. Everything in low fence gets shot by everyone and their grandmothers so nothing really ever gets the chance to grow big.
Not 'dissing on Cruz and glad he's maintaining a Texas tradition but yeah, thats sucks he's donating the meat. WTF Ted, you don't prep? You could have it made into 50/50 venison / pork smoked link sausage if you don't like straight venison.

High fenced, guided hunts are for rich losers. Thats a $5k deer. If you need a guide to hunt for you and 'put you on a deer' you're not hunting.

A metric fuck-ton of out of state hunters descend upon Texas every year to shoot game animals that they have no intention of eating.

A metric fuck-ton of out of state hunters descend upon Texas every year to shoot game animals that they have no intention of eating.

Good for them. Not arguing the merits of donating the meat. I’m glad the meat is being put to good use to feed those less fortunate than you or me. I’m just saying it seems clear to me this is purely a political stunt for Senator Cruz if he’s not intending to eat what he kills.

Reactions: TACC
Good for them. Not arguing the merits of donating the meat. I’m glad the meat is being put to good use to feed those less fortunate than you or me. I’m just saying it seems clear to me this is purely a political stunt for Senator Cruz if he’s not intending to eat what he kills.
It looks good for one that can enjoy the King's Sport to donate the meat to the serfs.

Growing up, I know game animals, specifically deer, belonged to the state. If a poacher was caught killing a deer on private property he went before a judge and was charged with trespassing. The landowner couldn't be reimbursed for the deer because, according to TPWD, the deer belonged to the state, not the landowner. This didn't apply to exotics.

Now, if you were caught poaching, especially on a game ranch, along with heavy fines, jail time, possible loss of vehicle, guns and a felony conviction, you'd have to pay the landowner for the deer. If you killed a 180+ class buck, whew, you are going to be paying that landowner some big money.

When did deer, along with bobcats, coyotes and other natives, become property of the landowner?

Last edited:
Growing up, I know game animals, specifically deer, belonged to the state. If a poacher was caught killing a deer on private property he went before a judge and was charged with trespassing. The landowner couldn't be reimbursed for the deer because, according to TPWD, the deer belonged to the state, not the landowner. This didn't apply to exotics.

Now, if you were caught poaching, especially on a game ranch, along with heavy fines, jail time, possible loss of vehicle, guns and a felony conviction, you'd have to pay the landowner for the deer. If you killed a 180+ class buck, whew, you are going to be paying that landowner some big money.

When did deer, along with bobcats, coyotes and other natives, become property of the landowner?
They are not the property of the land owner, any more than elk/deer/sheep/goats/etc are the property of the landowners that sell tags to hunters in other states. All white tailed deer shot on game ranches must be tagged. If you poach a 180 class buck on a game ranch, you are going to owe the state a heck of a fine- even if you are the land owner. My friend, a game ranch owner; cannot kill white tailed deer outside of season; must abide by season, sex, and antler restrictions; and must tag all harvested wt deer.

They are not the property of the land owner, any more than elk/deer/sheep/goats/etc are the property of the landowners that sell tags to hunters in other states. All white tailed deer shot on game ranches must be tagged. If you poach a 180 class buck on a game ranch, you are going to owe the state a heck of a fine- even if you are the land owner. My friend, a game ranch owner; cannot kill white tailed deer outside of season; must abide by season, sex, and antler restrictions; and must tag all harvested wt deer.
That explains it, kinda. So how can game ranches charge fees based on antler points and score if the deer belongs to the state or even charge at all? I can understand if it were an axis or fallow, etc.

That explains it, kinda. So how can game ranches charge fees based on antler points and score if the deer belongs to the state or even charge at all? I can understand if it were an axis or fallow, etc.
They are charging for the access to those deer. If a deer jumps a fence, or sneaks through a hole, and gets shot on another property, that’s one lucky hunter and there’s nothing the property owner can do about it.

Was just talking to my buddy, and he said that there is no restitution to property owners for trophy animals poached from their property- even if the poached animal was purchased and released. The state doesn’t even send an “our condolences” card.

I still have some questions about buying and selling farmed WT deer. But, my assumption is that the industry is licensed and regulated, and because the deer are not being killed- just moved around- the mental gymnastics of paying for access still apply. Will update as I get more information.

Reactions: Jim Out
I think Cruz has always come off as a slimy city boy politician. I’ll never trust him and I’ll never vote for him. I don’t care that he says and does stuff I agree with. He seems like a total slimeball that’ll say and do anything to get elected.
Well, you could have voted for Francis "Beto" O'Rourke, if you were from Texas. "Hell yes ... !"

I'll take Cruz over Cornyn any day.

Well, you could have voted for Francis "Beto" O'Rourke, if you were from Texas. "Hell yes ... !"

I'll take Cruz over Cornyn any day.
I’m with you. I agree he’s nothing more than a politician and this was a political stunt…. But he is on our side….. most days I think 🤔

Reactions: powdahound76
They are charging for the access to those deer. If a deer jumps a fence, or sneaks through a hole, and gets shot on another property, that’s one lucky hunter and there’s nothing the property owner can do about it.

Was just talking to my buddy, and he said that there is no restitution to property owners for trophy animals poached from their property- even if the poached animal was purchased and released. The state doesn’t even send an “our condolences” card.

I still have some questions about buying and selling farmed WT deer. But, my assumption is that the industry is licensed and regulated, and because the deer are not being killed- just moved around- the mental gymnastics of paying for access still apply. Will update as I get more information.
Thanks.
I figured since hunting has become more profitable than raising cattle, TPTB, ie, the big ranchers in S. Texas that sit on the TPWD Commission like Fausto Yturria, changed some laws.

I was taken on a high fence deer hunt by one of my suppliers once…. It was a 20,000 acres. It was great.
That's one of the interesting things about Texas. Those fences don't always work, especially on exotics. You can look out your front window and it's "Gee, there's a Kudu in the garden".
1638735584924.jpeg

Last edited:
That's one of the interesting things about Texas. Those fences don't always work, especially one exotics. You can look out your front window and it's "Gee, there's a Kudu in the garden".
View attachment 7754367
That’s true, I seen a fallow buck walk behind my house one day….. lots of folks was looking for him let me tell ya 😂

Cruz was one of the few arguing against the steal.
So he posed for a pic on a fenced hunt. I don't have a problem with it, especially since it bugs the libs. Feels like a free market.

Reactions: TexPatriot
Some deer are owned, because they were purchased and turned loose inside the “high fence”. They don’t require a tag.
Not all ranches in Texas have high fences. In fact, most do not.

Me personally, I eat what I hunt/shoot.

I dont have a problem with people donating deer if they are killing deer from nuisance permits, but a buck like that did not get taken on a nuisance permit.
I was so proud of my kids today. They went to my dads today and blasted squirrels. Cleaned them. Helped my dad cook them. Brought them home and ate them. And reallly liked it.

My dad is a horrible cook.

Reactions: Baron23 and TACC
Some deer are owned, because they were purchased and turned loose inside the “high fence”. They don’t require a tag.
Not all ranches in Texas have high fences. In fact, most do not.
This is not correct. Deer can be transferred between deer breeders- who have TPWD licenses to breed them. But, once transferred to a non-breeder, they can no longer be transferred and are treated as wild deer for all purposes. They can be harvested only during the appropriate hunting season(s), must be tagged when harvested, are not treated as ‘property’ of the land owner if they leave the high fenced property(cannot capture and return), and land owners cannot seek restitution if these deer are poached from their property.

Cruz is a politician.

He might say stuff you like. He was able to be guided and shoot a deer.

Well said @Anb618. Making excuses "near the end of its life and harvested humanely" is a pansy ass thing to say.

"I am a hunter and I killed this." And yeah, unless running a bunch of crop damage tags or in an area over run (used to be common where I am from in IA to get 10 tags) and you hunt and donate it, thats just BS IMO.

A LDMF Politician.
You know the pussy didnt even clean it himself.

Nice looking buck though.

I'd have more respect if he held one of his middle fingers up for the picture.

you know - this case really exemplifies the whole debate over sport hunting. I have no problem at all with sport hunting.

I don't necessarily agree with small tracts with high fences but generally fair chase hunt...if you want to kill a trophy go for it.

Eating what you kill has no bearing to me. If you want something to eat go to your local butcher. It will be a lot cheaper than these hunts cost. Now, I can't eat red meat so I can't eat what I kill anyway, but i also don't get off on killing some animal that is just trying to get some water.

It's kinda why I quit hunting - for one thing it really isn't that hard if you can shoot really well. Also, the amount we spend on "hunting" totally dwarfs what we could spend on prime rib every week.

But whatever floats your boat - like I say, if you want to measure your dick by the size of the antlers that happens to walk past you while you are in some artificial stand so be it.

As for Ted Cruz...sure he's a politician but he's one of the few politicians that actually stood up to the Dems in the last couple years. I'd vote for him before I would some RINO like Crenshaw and I damn sure would before I'd vote for Robert "Beto"

Curious to know what the hide thinks of donating duck. Because, I have only had ONE, maybe two, duck cooked to where I could eat it. I grew up hunting duck. Ran in the family. Grandfather was a hard core duck hunter, quail hunter, rabbit, etc. But when it came to duck, we gave most away and I can assure folks, we hunted - not guided shit (except 2 years when we had a new lease they wanted to help grandfather into blind so they carried him in!!). Old guy could still call ducks better than anybody I knew then or now - let alone shoot (holy shit the guy was unreal, even 2 years before he died).

That said, the pandering to "humane kill" shit bothers me here. Why wouldn't it be a humane kill? Is there a reason to "justify" it was humane?

Personally, I'm not down with these "baited" hunts where deer feeders and such are all out there. Just me. Guided hunts like that REALLY bother me. Dad went pheasant hunting once and it was guided...worst experience of his life...complained it's not hunting, it's driving around on a preserve finding the birds they let out, then letting dog out and shooting.

This is not correct. Deer can be transferred between deer breeders- who have TPWD licenses to breed them. But, once transferred to a non-breeder, they can no longer be transferred and are treated as wild deer for all purposes. They can be harvested only during the appropriate hunting season(s), must be tagged when harvested, are not treated as ‘property’ of the land owner if they leave the high fenced property(cannot capture and return), and land owners cannot seek restitution if these deer are poached from their property.
My experience is different than that. Can you point to the regulation? I used to work with a man that ran hunts in a high fenced area. I know that it had to be certified clear of native deer before his deer went in there. The areas that he had only had trophy bucks (no does). I know that he worked with TP&W but I don’t know what license he had. His clients didn’t need a non-resident license, or so I was told. His was not a bootleg operation.

My experience is different than that. Can you point to the regulation? I used to work with a man that ran hunts in a high fenced area. I know that it had to be certified clear of native deer before his deer went in there. The areas that he had only had trophy bucks (no does). I know that he worked with TP&W but I don’t know what license he had. His clients didn’t need a non-resident license, or so I was told. His was not a bootleg operation.
I'm assuming you're saying non-residents didn't need a non-resident license to hunt whitetails in Texas?

Since they were non-residents they couldn't legally hunt with a resident hunting license, so in essence they didn't need a license at all.

Never heard of that. Almost sounds like a canned hunt, which are unethical and shameless.

Curious to know what the hide thinks of donating duck.
fwiw I think this is one of the better things ted has ever done.

Donating what you have to someone who needs it, or can put it to good use if you can't, is never wrong imho.

Biggest thing wrong with Ted is his wife's employer.....Goldman Sachs.

As far as Texas and hunting, shooting over bait?

What's a "Texas heartshot"...... ;)

........and is it "humane"? :LOL::ROFLMAO: