• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Teen fails 22 classes

drglock

Old fat guy
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 13, 2012
    Morrison,Oklahoma
    High school teen fails 22 classes and misses 272 days over four years but mom says the school is to blame. No wonder this country is going downhill.

If you watched the video, mom works 3 jobs trying to take care of the family. Cant blame her. According to the rest of the article she was never notified and the kid is not the only one, he was half way in the class. Seems like a dual failure of responsibility. He fucked up and the school let him get away with it.

Reactions: 4X4Dad and PJC
    I'm thinking that Fox's editor is a graduate of that very same high school -

snip.JPG

If you watched the video, mom works 3 jobs trying to take care of the family. Cant blame her. According to the rest of the article she was never notified and the kid is not the only one, he was half way in the class. Seems like a dual failure of responsibility. He fucked up and the school let him get away with it.

You don’t need to blame her. Blame the person who earned the shitty grades. You wouldn’t praise mom if the kid was a genius.

Where’s the dad?

Before the “he’s a deadbeat blah blah blah.....

Plenty of good dads out there that don’t want to deal w the ex wife and her shit. Courts don’t make it easy to be a father. I’ve seen people in my family struggle to stay in their children’s lives in a meaningful way after the courts decide they only get 3 weekends a month.

Oh well. This kid is where he is because of choices have consequences.

Enjoy your $15/hr to cook my fries.

Yeah they cost more and yeah you get paid more but your life still sucks and I can still afford $30 fries.

I hate people and shit like this just strengthens my resolve.

Covid really let me down. I was hoping for a lot more chlorine in the gene pool.

You don’t need to blame her. Blame the person who earned the shitty grades. You wouldn’t praise mom if the kid was a genius.

Where’s the dad?

Plenty of good dads out there that don’t want to deal w the ex wife and her shit. Courts don’t make it easy to be a father. I’ve seen people in my family struggle to stay in their children’s lives in a meaningful way after the courts decide they only get 3 weekends a month.

Yeah they cost more and yeah you get paid more but your life still sucks and I can still afford $30 fries.

Covid really let me down. I was hoping for a lot more chlorine in the gene pool.
    Daaaamn man, lol a bit salty aren’t we? Not that I can blame ya lol

I’m thinking she has a smartphone, I bet the school has online grade book just like our school does. I’m thinking if you miss 272 days and basically flunk every classs but PE your mom knows.

Where’s the dad?

Ball_Tee_Moar....sub 1.0 GPA, top 1/2 of the class....a non isolated demographic pocket of ever declining standards.

The real issue is intergenerational welfare recipients grow up thinking nothing is expected of them and vote to take more and more our YOUR shit.

COVID? pfff...watching Powell?

Collision coming.

Seriously, is Gates / others wrong per se? Sure he is working both sides of the table and encouraging the down draw, while also working to sterilize, bankrupt, and murder - but, with a straight face and a cogent argument - tell me these people have a place shoulder to shoulder with you; or better yet - you see the value in supporting them and their extended family for generations to come.

All gravy trains hit the wall, and it turns out about like 27 illegals stuffed inside an SUV kissing up to a semi.

ETA: America has lost its way. Somewhere in the good book I recall that individuals need hold up their end of the log, be earnest, forthright, and diligent in all of their affairs such that they will be respected by their community and able to provide for themselves and their family. How many homes in America does this concept not get discussed? That said, I am a sinner with character flaws which lead me to have a low opinion of many, and on some things I could even be accused of being a hypocrite. YMMV.

Last edited:
    Ball_Tee_Moar....sub 1.0 GPA, top 1/2 of the class....a non isolated demographic pocket of ever declining standards.

The real issue is intergenerational welfare recipients grow up thinking nothing is expected of them and vote to take more and more our YOUR shit.

COVID? pfff...watching Powell?

Collision coming.

Seriously, is Gates / others wrong per se? Sure he is working both sides of the table and encouraging the down draw, while also working to sterilize, bankrupt, and murder - but, with a straight face and a cogent argument - tell me these people have a place shoulder to shoulder with you; or better yet - you see the value in supporting them and their extended family for generations to come.

All gravy trains hit the wall, and it turns out about like 27 illegals stuffed inside an SUV kissing up to a semi.

Ehhh. I still don’t care about individuals.

Fuck em.

This person either learns to swim it they don’t.

I’m looking forward to $30 French fries.

That was a mess wasnt it. A friend read comments by one of the agents, apparently they stack them in the back like cordwood. I feel most for the agents and cops who had to clean up the mess.

That was a mess wasnt it. A friend read comments by one of the agents, apparently they stack them in the back like cordwood. I feel most for the agents and cops who had to clean up the mess.

They stack themselves in there. For a promise of a better life.

Too many here in the states never had to make the difficult daily choices they face.

Growing up in S. AZ you see a lot of shit.

There’s only 1 class of Negro left in the fields and it’s not the Afro American that’s been here for 6 generations, wasting their opportunity at a great education with a promise of Social Security, food stamps, free medical and a voice in American Politics.

But I’m not black or white so I’ll just shut up and watch those 2 evils eat eachother. 😂🤣

I'm sure the school isn't a world class institution by any stretch, but it's the parent's job to establish accountability with their children. /thread

There's a lot to be said for the shortcomings of Baltimore City schools. I know the parents are ultimately responsible for their kids, but how could the school system allow him to go onto the next grade with those results.

The sad part, he's just 1 of who knows how many, that are in the same boat?

Reactions: Sean the Nailer
    Off to a great start. And for when anyone stands up for him and says he "dinn't do nuffin" the ONLY reply/response can be:

THAT IS CORRECT, and THAT is why we're having this conversation.

It is BECAUSE he didn't go to classes,
    It is BECAUSE he didn't complete the assignments,
    It is BECAUSE he didn't complete the homework,
    It is BECAUSE he didn't attempt to accomplish anything,
    is why he's being sent back 3 (THREE) years.

wow.

If only actual 'levels' and 'abilities' and 'requirements' were actually needed in this day-and-age to succeed and/or EARN an entry-level position for employment.

With nearly 70% of Black kids living in a single-parent families, no wonder that you get such outcomes.

• Sad
    Reactions: Maggot
    This is a story about how schools need more money to waist. If the schools had enough money for all their want to do politics then there would be money left over for teaching. We should be ashamed for not writing blank checks. See how the children suffer.

Last edited:
    This a story about how schools need more money to waist. If the schools had enough money for all their want to do politics then there would be money left over for teaching. We should be ashamed for not writing blank checks. See how the children suffer.

Baltimore City schools are ranked in the top 10 of money allocated per child. Whether or not that money ever reaches the classroom has always been questioned.

With nearly 70% of Black kids living in a single-parent families, no wonder that you get such outcomes.

Yeah, I get what you're saying. Statistics bear it out.

However, correlation != causation. I think the real correlation is the single parent primary household with an absentee non-custodial is a parent with a personality so toxic nobody wants to be around them. Just sayin', this woman's attitude here is repugnant. Her lack of self-awareness, entitlement, and detachment from reality are so severe that she is publicly shaming a school for her own failures when any reasonable human being can, from the outside, see it is she that is the source of failure.

What I don't get... is when my kid got an unexcused absence -- the school would send me a physical letter, a text, and call me on the phone. Not because they're nice people, but to let me know that he missed and if it happens more than X number of times in a year it is referred to the county for prosecution (of the parent).

Different states, different laws... I suppose.

Nope, looked it up:

So, unless he started HS at age 16, there's a big question of why this lady wasn't referred for prosecution herself. Sounds like derelict mom, derelict school, derelict teachers, and derelict county. Just all around sounds like that whole county and it's school system resigned themselves to kids failing school. My guess; they don't care as long as the fed gives them checks.

Reactions: lash

I disagree. A parent is the child's first and most important advocate...not teachers, doctors or the village. I would never send my kids to such a school, but if the mother was truly that clueless about what was going on with her kid, it's because she wanted to be clueless. Ask how many PTA meetings she attended.

They stack themselves in there. For a promise of a better life.

Too many here in the states never had to make the difficult daily choices they face.

Growing up in S. AZ you see a lot of shit.

There’s only 1 class of Negro left in the fields and it’s not the Afro American that’s been here for 6 generations, wasting their opportunity at a great education with a promise of Social Security, food stamps, free medical and a voice in American Politics.

But I’m not black or white so I’ll just shut up and watch those 2 evils eat eachother. 😂🤣
    I owned a ranch in S. Texas 50 miles north of Del Rio. I had them come through all the time. I always gave them medical attention and water. I must say I have admiration for anyone who will walk for days/weeks through the desert to work.

Theyre not evils, theyre just people, who as you mentioned, had to make choices, some difficult ones, some not so much. The evil is the ones who put them, and us, in the positions, like we find ourselves today.

Soros
    Communists
    MIC
    I disagree. A parent is the child's first and most important advocate...not teachers, doctors or the village. I would never send my kids to such a school, but if the mother was truly that clueless about what was going on with her kid, it's because she wanted to be clueless. Ask how many PTA meetings she attended.
    Perhaps. If she's working three jobs, as she said, I can certainly see how she might miss a lot. I do agree that Id never send my kids to that, or any school, but it youre a 'poor' you dont have a lot of options.

I went to highscool with idiots like this.

They all had the same things in common:

- Could literally NEVER, for whatever reason, show up to school on time.

- There was always an excuse and when they tried to involve the parent, tales of ghetto fabulous screaming mother in the office were told shortly thereafter

- They'd be late/miss about the same amount of days, which were often more than they actually showed up at all

- When they would be at school, they were usually involved in all sorts of shit and/or were the cause of a majority of problems

- Everything was someone else's fault

I went to highscool with idiots like this.

They all had the same things in common:

- Could literally NEVER, for whatever reason, show up to school on time.

- There was always an excuse and when they tried to involve the parent, tales of ghetto fabulous screaming mother in the office were told shortly thereafter

- They'd be late/miss about the same amount of days, which were often more than they actually showed up at all

- When they would be at school, they were usually involved in all sorts of shit and/or were the cause of a majority of problems

- Everything was someone else's fault
    Just another POS that us taxpayers will house , cloth and feed for the rest of his useless life.

Reactions: Aries256
    Just another POS that us taxpayers will house , cloth and feed for the rest of his useless life.

Yep, total waste.

I had to go to a school in the hood outside of Chicago one year when the state politicians managed to get some lines redrawn that incorporated parts of places like Lake Forest/Lake Bluff and other upper middle class areas into the poorest district in the state. It was ironically listed by the state as District 187. They did this because they wanted that sweet sweet property tax money to 'fix' things, and since schools like Lake Forest had shit like equestrian and water polo teams, they were the perfect place to redistribute from, because, racism.

Alot of students went right to a private school instead of going to the new school. I was given the option but didn't want to be bussed to fucking Wisconsin everyday at like 430am and said fuck it, lets try this. Later that year, it was undone and the lines were again changed, but in the meantime, I learned so much shit of how things really work, I still use them to this day. However, I didn't learn a single fucking thing the entire year in class, if we actually ever had it.

Highlights included:

- Finding out that the schools heat system did not, and has not worked for at least a few years. During the winter, you basically needed to bring enough clothing to go on an Arctic expedition or you would freeze to death. oh, the AC didn't work either, nor did the big ass clock built into the front of the high school when it was built in like the 60s.

- Demographics were 90% black. The remaining 10% was everyone else.

- No doors on bathrooms or bathroom stalls.

- Having to be wanded down and later, passing through a metal detector when coming to school each day. Every hallway had a security guard in it with just a radio throughout the day.

- The school was literally, in every sense, in the middle of a dilapidated neighborhood that was probably in the 60s/70s a middle class white area. It was now surrounded by condemned buildings people were living in, crack houses and didn't even have whatever infrastructure wise to power the streetlamps at night.

- A legit organized gang hit in the hallway between classes. There were always fights and shit throughout the day, but one time it was literally someone let in from outside, to come and stab a kid in the neck and leave him there bleeding on the floor until he died, in an area they knew he would be going from class A to B at the time.

- You basically couldn't make it through roll call in your class. You'd repeat this almost every class where the bell would ring, 5-10 people would stroll into class sometime later during roll, and at some point someone would get into an argument/threaten the teacher or start fighting in the class. Security would be called, more fighting and screaming, occasionally some pepper spray and anywhere from 1-10 people would be sent and/or hauled to the office and usually suspended and/or arrested. This then left you with like 11 minutes left for that class. Rinse/repeat. Every fucking day.

- We would 1-2 times a week have the fire alarm go off. Someone would either pull it and run, or they would do some super dumb shit like find an open locker, toss in some clothes with some cologne all over it and light it on fire. This usually resulted in being outside for 1+ hours, or being sent home.

- Graduation numbers were abysmal.

- Teenage pregnancy had to be something like 1 in 10 if not worse.

- Something to be happy about was 'I finally got my water turned back on last night'.

- My personal favorite, Mr. Bobo. Mr. Bobo was this black guy that wore 'traditional african clothing' all the time and was supposedly from the African Bobo tribe; I still cant figure out if thats an actual thing. He was some sort of counselor or something totally useless, and would do shit like whenever people were in the hall he'd basically shout shit like 'be strong and do great things today my strong black brothers and sisters'. I had a suspicion these outbursts were more common when there were people who weren't black around. Asked him one day after some shit he said, 'so, what about me then? What should I do?' and he just fucking stared at me like he wanted to fight lol. Oh if only Mr. Bobo knew the shit whitey has done since then.

- The day it was announced in the news that there were more white people on welfare (but a much lower overall percentage) than black people, it was like it was a fucking event or a day to remember or something.

- Black History Month included having everyone going to the school auditorium (which had a roof that leaked to the point the roof basically didnt stop any water) every week to listen to a presentation from 'strong black leaders' consisting of 1-2 hours of how white people have fucked everyone over and how Thomas Edison didn't create anything, but was a total fucking racist and stole the light bulb from some black guy.

- Cafeteria food consisted of nothing more than the cheapest orange nacho cheese, with chips, the lowest grade hamburger on earth and any kind of chips/junk food there was. Why? Back when they had actual lunch food, noone would eat it and instead, would start food fights all the time and complain about how the food sucked. This was all they would eat.

- Racism exists everywhere. I've never seen people as hateful and racist towards students/teachers of other races than I have during the year there.

Learned alot that year. None of which was academic. However, I still tell people and my parents (who were horrified that I went there) that I think I am still alive in part of what I saw/saw how things really worked during the year there.

But yeah, this is the shit we're all paying for before, during and especially after.

Last edited:
    For me there really was no point to even showing up for school or getting good grades because my state doesn't hold kids back for bad grades. All bad grades meant was you weren't eligible to go to dances, play sports, and participate in the graduation ceremony. School pretty much taught me all I needed to know by the time I was in 5th grade and everything thing else in life I learned either from experience or teaching myself from the internet. While all the other students were getting good grades and relying on mommy and daddy for allowance money, I was ditching school to work on farms and when school was out, I'd come back into town and do odd jobs. So rewarding being a Jr High kid and having your own money to spend on whatever you want. Back in those days I had to rely on money orders to buy things through the mail.

So yeah, I'm not gonna shit on ANY student for bad grades because I had the worst grades there are and look at me now. Got a great wife and great kids. We own 2 homes outright and just sold one other in the East Bay for a little under 300 grand. None of which was from school, but rather hard work and dedication to my family. Some people are just born book smart and others are born street smart. I was born street smart.

while I blame the kid for his actions . I will not understand the parents not putting a foot in the kids ass non stop till he can think clearly again cause there is something defiantly something wrong with what ever drugs he is on . I cut 5 days of school and unknown to me the school had called my parents who were in the process of hunting me down and they were looking for blood . I knew from the screeching tires behind me my ass was in deep water even before his last words were spoken get the fu_ _ in the car , switch in hand the two hour trip to school felt like a life time as he had to stop every few miles to release the pent up stress that I had caused defiantly learned that school was less painful than making the old man have to leave work to find me . That trips to the park were nice and swimming was wonderful but that pain in my back side was really not worth it . I had to reevaluate what I was doing and found the errors in my ways quickly I found a renewed sense that god had an ironic sense of humor but he was a spiteful mean when angry prick , and though my head was dense and thick through relentless pounding my thinking could be changed with enough pain . I did learn even if it was slowly and unwilling and I will always be thankful for a parents that cared that much , god knows it would have been easier to give up on me , but they did not and for that I am most thankful .

This is the schools fault. I as a tax payer demand a refund. Fire the teachers and Administrators. Seriously.
    1. If the auto mechanic fucks up your car its his fault.
    2. If the weather report is wrong its the weather mans fault.
    3. If your stock broker looses all your money you blame the stock broker.

If schools turn out kids like this its the teachers fault. I know some want to blame Mom but she can't read or write either. Its time to hold schools and teachers accountable for their failures.

There's a lot to be said for the shortcomings of Baltimore City schools. I know the parents are ultimately responsible for their kids, but how could the school system allow him to go onto the next grade with those results.

The sad part, he's just 1 of who knows how many, that are in the same boat?
    This is the product of the "Every Student Succeeds" Act signed into law in 2015.

Baltimore City schools are ranked in the top 10 of money allocated per child. Whether or not that money ever reaches the classroom has always been questioned.

Might be on the same scheme

Might be on the same scheme

Yes, same thing in Baltimore City.

This is the schools fault. I as a tax payer demand a refund. Fire the teachers and Administrators. Seriously.

If schools turn out kids like this its the teachers fault. I know some want to blame Mom but she can't read or write either. Its time to hold schools and teachers accountable for their failures.

Google Ben Carson's mother.

There’s a lot of blame to go around. The student, the administration/teachers, and the parent all failed to fulfill their responsibilities but how much more parenting should teachers do?

Imagine being a teacher in one of these shithole cities. You're handed a bunch of low iq losers that don't give a fuck from broken families that don't give a fuck.

Key take-away items from the article. He failed level one classes, but was allowed to progress to level two classes (algebra 1, Spanish 1... but advanced to take algebra 2 and Spanish 2). He failed every year, but was not held back until he had failed 4 years in a row, at which time, he was moved back 3 years.

Most likely, if he had to re-take Algebra 1, mommy might have wondered why he was taking the same class over and over. If he had been held back as a Freshman, mommy would have noticed. The system did neither mommy, or the student any favors by being more lenient, and failing to hold standards. Too much tolerance, is a bigger problem, than too little tolerance.

As CLCustom1911 said earlier, the Government made a push during the Obama years to not fail "disadvantaged students". Someone had told the oval office that failing high-school was statistically linked with a high crime and incarceration rate. Obama thought the "fix" was met by simply passing everyone. Or, he believed that ignoring failure would foster success. It was a bad concept. This is true of most "socially sensitive psycho-babble". It did not do any favors to students who were failing classes. Never be afraid to tell someone, who is failing, that they are a failure.

Did mommy ever talk to her son? If my kids were in high school, but using third grade math to solve daily problems, I would wonder what they have learned in school. My parents would pester me if they saw I had done no homework for a few days. They would ask "where is your homework?". They understood that homework was an integral part of school. I noticed the article said she claimed to work three jobs, but there was no mention as to how many hours she worked these three jobs; this would normally be a part of that statement. i.e. "I work three jobs, and I am at work 56 hours a week".

In slight defense of the school, the student in the article ranked number 62 out of 120; this would illustrate he was a "typical or average student" in that school system. That is a frightening statistic for the school. This would mean the school had half (or more), which had problems with truancy and lack of achievement. The school would need an Army of truancy officers (numbered in the dozens), and dozens of academic reports sent out each week to parents. It is no wonder they were crushed under that burden. It smells like everyone gave up (students, parents, school-system).

All of this reminds me of a wise phrase by President Reagan, who spoke of "the Soft Racism of Low Expectations for minority populations".

Last edited:
    The system still got the coin.
    The "teachers" who "taught" still earned a year of salary and another year of retirement pay
    yet to come.
    Fucked up mess in a large city, I'll be damned...🙂
    If one was so inclined check the standing of education in the US before .gov
    got involved and what has happened since.
    Btw It's all the about the children. LOLOLOLOLOL

R

My son's girlfriend graduated from college 2 years ago and got a job in Baltimore City. Her school was one of the better schools with higher than average grades for the kids and good parent reviews.

I believe she taught 5th grade. She lasted 1 year and quit teaching.

That's all you need to know about the Baltimore City school system. The kids were SO FAR BEHIND from where they should have been and she got no support from the administrators. She had to pass kids who couldn't do 3rd grade math and of course their spelling and reading comprehension was terrible as well.

She set up after school tutor sessions. Not 1 kid attended.

All the while, her administrators ordered her to pass the kids.

Reactions: clcustom1911